X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rape Culture / Modesty / Family

Originally posted by gringo300 View Post
    I've been thinking about all this for a while, and I have to ask:

Has anyone else on here ever known anyone personally who'd been raped?

I have.
    Yes, why?

Comment

I've got, I think, about half the people in this thread on ignore, and that's probably going to increase, so it's hard to see very much.

I've long considered myself to be anti-feminist. I've been called a "misogynist" by not only a lot of women, but also by a lot of men.

Obviously, some of the people's definition of "feminism" on here is different than mine.

I find the contempt for victims of rape, sexual molestation, sex slavery, etc. in this thread appalling, especially since I've known people who were in these situations themselves. Some of them were children at the time.

I also find it appalling, and ironic, that multiple people on here attack the first poster in the thread, while apparently being blind to their own blatant sexual immorality.

I advise everyone to take a look at their own lives and look for sin, so they can repent and ask God for forgiveness. For this I get as a response a rather asinine comment about "political correctness", which I have just about concluded is a meaningless concept.

I have in no way said that everything the original poster in this thread has done, or is doing, is right.

It has long felt to me that a lot of the people on this board want to lynch each other or something. Its getting scarier and scarier to me.

Comment

We wear “normal” clothes. We are young girls with curves, no about that, however we do NOT dress scantily.
        I think the main point of this whole thing boils down to the above quote. It boils down to whether or not a standard of dress for human beings should exit. It would appear to me and some others here that an objective standard should exist, but the OP, and a few others would seem to think that the standard is merely whatever culture considers "normal". I would post a picture of a young woman wearing normal clothes as an example... however I don't think I'd get very far.

It was asked on Family Feud game show recently, how much cleavage is "too much", I think the appropriate answer is zero... I wonder how many of ya'll agree with that... it sure would not be a normal manner of dress
        As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Aijalon View Post
          I think the main point of this whole thing boils down to the above quote. It boils down to whether or not a standard of dress for human beings should exit. It would appear to me and some others here that an objective standard should exist, but the OP, and a few others would seem to think that the standard is merely whatever culture considers "normal". I would post a picture of a young woman wearing normal clothes as an example... however I don't think I'd get very far.

It was asked on Family Feud game show recently, how much cleavage is "too much", I think the appropriate answer is zero... I wonder how many of ya'll agree with that... it sure would not be a normal manner of dress
          This goes in the category of "should there be a weight limit to spandex?"

Without doubt, men and women view sex differently, are aroused by different stimuli, and each sex is very acutely aware of what stimulates the other. As such, no one, of either sex, is either immune from or gets a free pass from understanding the cultural reasons why non-believers dress in various ways, whether the purpose is to draw a male toward skin or the intent is to draw a female toward power and money.

As a Christian man, it is my duty to carry myself in such a way that I do not draw attention to my sexuality (as limited as it is) or to make an outward display of wealth or power or any other attribute that has the effect of drawing any woman other than my wife to me. If I find that reaction occurring, it is my duty to shut it down immediately, and if that means wearing a friar's robe and a rope, that's what I need to do.

As a Christian woman, it is the duty of each woman to carry herself in such a way that she does not draw attention to her sexuality (as limited or as great as it may be) or to make an outward display of anything that has the effect of drawing a man to her, and if she finds that reaction occurring, it is her duty to shut it down immediately, and fi that means wearing a nun's habit and a crucifix, that's what she needs to do.

There are greater losses in the world than one's culture not thinking one is cool. or groovie. or mod. or boss. or lit. or phat. or whatever.

Comment

I think you just admonished anyone that is striving for self empowerment and not humility. For a woman to dress modestly is to stand out as abnormal and weak. Same for a man who doesn't act or dress "boss".
            As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Aijalon View Post
              I think you just admonished anyone that is striving for self empowerment and not humility. For a woman to dress modestly is to stand out as abnormal and weak. Same for a man who doesn't act or dress "boss".
              I think you are correct, he said, sitting at his desk wearing a suit and tie and Johnson & Murphy shoes (with the jacket hanging on the door).

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
                I think you are correct, he said, sitting at his desk wearing a suit and tie and Johnson & Murphy shoes (with the jacket hanging on the door).
                No no, it's okay you have a desk, so that makes looking "boss" okay in this case.

Comment

Working...
                X