Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Public/Private School teacher role call!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public/Private School teacher role call!

Are there any other teachers here on the board?

Are you in a public or private school system?

What grade or subject levels do you teach?

Anything else you want to share?

I am in a public, city school system and will be teaching third grade this year.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
    Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Not a teacher...just a teacher's aide. Does that count?

I work with students with IEP's (Individualized Education Program) in the 5th -8th grades (this year, I added 5th, because I have moved, and will be in a new school district starting this school year) in a public school.
    Disconnection is not an option!

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. ~ John 15:5-8

Comment

Absolutely it counts! I do know what I'd do without y'all!

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
      Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

I've taught preK in private Christian schools for 4 years, and one of those I also taught middle school technology in the afternoons (preK is morning only at one of the schools where I've worked). I've also taught English as a Second Language in an English ministry in Japan.

I am taking this year off to get certified, and going to school full-time. My certification is K-8 post baccalaureate, and I plan to take both the Elem content exams, as well as the middle school language arts exams. I will probably do student teaching in the public schools next fall.

Comment

Well... It seems we are a small select group!

Anyone else out there who's just not admitting it?
          Disconnection is not an option!

I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. ~ John 15:5-8

Comment

I taught 5th grade for 6 years and am in my fourth year of teaching 4th. Had a little moment of burn-out last year because of a terrible combination of, shall I say, "personalities"? Looking for a much better year this year. I've been telling myself that it can't get any worse.

Comment

I teach first grade in a private Christian school. I've also taught second, fourth, and fifth.

Comment

im on the road to be a teacher....getting there. in the meantime im a coach. i know its different, but im getting there.
                "Everyone needs a Hobab"~ Brother Mark

δολος Χριστός ησος
                sigpic

Comment

I am certified grades PK-3. I have taught pre-school (ages 3-4), first grade and third grade.

Kelly

Comment

Hi, Everyone! I'm currently recovering from my first year of teaching 8th grade science in a public school.

Comment

hi all,

new here but recently retired from teaching (high school math)!

Comment

Hello

Sorry I missed this thread before. Anyway, I'm teaching 2nd Grade as well as 4th, 5th and 6th Grade Science at a Private Anglican school in Asuncion, Paraguay.

God bless you all.
                        Jeremiah 29:11
                        "For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (NASB)

Comment

Originally posted by TexasGirl View Post
                          Hi, Everyone! I'm currently recovering from my first year of teaching 8th grade science in a public school.
                          My husband teaches public school 6-8 grade. I feel for you, Sister!
                          My Blog

Comment

In about a month I'll officially be certified to teach grades 7 through 12.... and I've had a LOT of experience with grades 9 and 10. I want to get certified ASAP for special ed.... I've been praying constantly and I believe God's calling me to work with this group. They are SUCH a blessing!
                            -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                            It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                            So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                            We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                            Warren Barfield

Comment

Working...
                            X