homeschooling scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeschooling scholarships

my boyfriend was homeschooled, and now he is wanting to attend college. his parents do not make enough $$ to send him, so he is looking for specific scholarships for homeschooled kiddos.

suggestions?

thanks & God bless,
    logan
    Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Way back when I went you could get Pell grants that you didn't have to pay back either. It paid for my classes and books and supplies and I think I had some money left over too. I only went part time as I worked part time...so I don't know about the full time stuff but here is a link that should show you quite a few websites about this and how to apply. They go by income of course.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Pell+...ient=firefox-a

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

thank ya very much moonglow
      I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Godisnumber1 View Post
        thank ya very much moonglow
        sure! And I am really not following you around the board... I just click on 'new posts' and keep seeing yours!

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

haha you are helping me out immensely so i don't mind a bit! & it's been a while since i've been here, so i'm playing catch up!

Comment

As a homeschooler, as long as his parents kept track of his high school credits and grades, he should be able to qualify for the same scholarships a public school student qualifies. He should definitely also take the college prep exams, such as the SAT, etc. I don't know his situation, so it all depends. His parents could contact the school board in their county to get more information, because each state is different as to their homeschooling laws. He should also contact your local community college to see what their requirements are.

To apply for federal aid such as pell grants, etc, go here:
            http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Comment

he's taking the ACT in december. thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Godisnumber1 View Post
                haha you are helping me out immensely so i don't mind a bit! & it's been a while since i've been here, so i'm playing catch up!
                Oh ok...good!

Comment

homeschooling scholarships

Hmm, i dont think so, i mean i dont think that they know which scholarships we applied, they are not so free to check them out, do they..?
                  Anyway, if we have decided on which we scholarship we want to accept, we cant take the others...

Comment

When I researched homeschooling, one of my concerns was college. The information I kept finding was that homeschooled students were being accepted into college, proving to be successful college students, some even more so than public schooled students.

Comment

Working...
                    X