God's Word- Truth is rational but sin is irrational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God's Word- Truth is rational but sin is irrational

God's Word; His Truth is rational but sin is irrational. Sin wants to rationalize itself to becoming acceptable so that you may commit them and say it's ok. Sin is not only irrational but it breeds confusion, disorder, chaos, etc. You cannot rationalize what is irrational for what is irrational stays irrational. It must be addressed as so and rebuked in Jesus' name. When men scheme wicked plans, it always has to do with rationalizing sin to make sin seem like an ok thing to do like homosexuality. Sin also wants to make God's Word irrational so that we may not understand nor believe. Same with black and white view for there is no gray area in between. The so called gray area is someone trying to rationalize himself with an excuse when he doesn't do what is right and also tries to rationalize himself with an excuse when he does wrong so that he may be excused. There is right and there is wrong, but no middle ground between them. Now when those including me who suffered great mental anguish and ocd- disorder, it was very hard for me to understand God's Word and needed help from other christians and christian books to help me understand and to know and believe in God's Word and that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior and is my Lord and Savior. Before, my mind was all over the place and thinking my thoughts including irrational thoughts rather than center them to the truth of God's Word. We need to memorize and meditate on God's Word and His Word commands us to do so. There are people with mental illnesses and God help them! They need help and mercy and understanding and medicine to help if needed. I've also been using the home exercise bike and that greatly helps with relieving fear and anxiety.

Very true, the Word (truth) is like a sharp sword which will easily cut through irrational arguments which indeed are brought as an attempt to justify sin (fleshly desires). The more you read the Bible the sharper your sword gets. Rightfully mentioned as one of the pieces of the armor of God.

Taking rest from the bombardement of the information (tv, smartphones, signs, etc) around us should be in the daily routine of all of us. Excercise is perfect to be alone with your thoughts and meditate on the things in life which truly matter. There is an information war going on so to speak and we should try to limit our input to only Biblically sound information for as much as possible. Not conforming to this will lead to confusion at the very least and indeed also towards mental disorders.

Sort of the same as you have written I have been thinking the same lately.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1983 View Post
      Very true, the Word (truth) is like a sharp sword which will easily cut through irrational arguments which indeed are brought as an attempt to justify sin (fleshly desires). The more you read the Bible the sharper your sword gets. Rightfully mentioned as one of the pieces of the armor of God.

Taking rest from the bombardement of the information (tv, smartphones, signs, etc) around us should be in the daily routine of all of us. Excercise is perfect to be alone with your thoughts and meditate on the things in life which truly matter. There is an information war going on so to speak and we should try to limit our input to only Biblically sound information for as much as possible. Not conforming to this will lead to confusion at the very least and indeed also towards mental disorders.

Sort of the same as you have written I have been thinking the same lately.
      Great post Mike1983! The exercise bike has made a huge difference in my life. I worked my way up doing 1 hour a day and to do this everyday except Sundays. I'll write a new post on this because I want to share my experience with the bike exercises and how this has been helping me so much in my life in Christ. I don't watch tv or listen to any music or anything. They are distractions to me. I focus on the here and now present moment with God and His Word and reciting them and meditating on them and learning and growing more and more in Christ. It's wonderful! Like I mentioned, I'll write a new post on this. God bless!

Comment

Sounds like a good plan, bless you too!

Comment

Working...
        X