Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CROSS

This may be a dumb question ?

But it has been on my mind for a while now.

Does any one know were the Cross that Jesus hung on is ?

I just wonder if it is in a place for people to see or have the people
    put it away from the public ?
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Re: The CROSS

Originally posted by grams View Post
    This may be a dumb question ?

But it has been on my mind for a while now.

Does any one know were the Cross that Jesus hung on is ?

I just wonder if it is in a place for people to see or have the people
    put it away from the public ?
    That cross was one of thousands the Romans used to execute people. To them Jesus was just another nuisance jew they needed to put down, along with the other two thieves.

Thankfully it has most likely rotted or been burned for firewood 1900 years ago. Otherwise, like many of the fake relics that the Catholic Church claims to possess, it would be added to the long list of things they like to worship.

So, the answer is thankfully, NO.

Comment

It was likely used to crucify someone a few days, or a week later

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Drake View Post
        That cross was one of thousands the Romans used to execute people. To them Jesus was just another nuisance jew they needed to put down, along with the other two thieves.

Thankfully it has most likely rotted or been burned for firewood 1900 years ago. Otherwise, like many of the fake relics that the Catholic Church claims to possess, it would be added to the long list of things they like to worship.

So, the answer is thankfully, NO.
        Leave it to the Catholics !

I just wonder if family would have removed the cross and put it away ?
        For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Comment

Hi grams
          I doubt that the cross that our Lord was crucified on was preserved . His family not fully grasping who Jesus is only saw it a instrument used to put Him to death . They had no way of foreseeing what the cross would come to represent . The Jews would see it as a unclean object that should be burned at the edge of Jerusalem . The Romans would probably place it among the other crosses used to execute prisoners or enemies of the empire . Then it would be discarded after it was worn out .
          Something else I do not thank that God would ever let the cross to be preserved . It's preservation would guarantee that it would become a object of worship distracting attention from who we should truly worship . That is my two cents
          Blessings
          Your brother in Christ
          Bill

Comment

Leave it to the Catholics !

I just wonder if family would have removed the cross and put it away ?
            Others are correct here, grams.

Crucifixion wasn't connected with anything holy or sacred and the tools used weren't considered anything to be preserved. It would be like today, the syringes and bed used to execute someone by lethal injection. Or electric chairs or guillotines. Or rifles from firing squads.

Jesus' cross was a common everyday item of execution that was used before and after His death. It's rotted away. No one has or claimed it.

When Joseph of Arimethea and Nicodemus took Jesus down from the cross, they left the wooden posts behind. It would have meant nothing to them.
            sigpic
            ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

I guess I thought that the Catholic Church would have it !

They seem to handle a lot !

I was once Catholic and heard a lot of these things going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Drake View Post

Drake,

At the risk of going off topic, are you sure the Catholics worship the things they have kept?

Blessings to you.
                God Bless,
                Tom

Romans 6:2b-4 -- How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Comment

Well, I do go to another forum ! The first one I found when we got a computer.

And there are a few Catholic there. And one mentioned how many things the Catholic have.
                  One person said:

They even have the nails !

So I just wonder ?

Comment

Well, I do go to another forum ! The first one I found when we got a computer.

And there are a few Catholic there. And one mentioned how many things the Catholic have.
                    One person said:

They even have the nails !

So I just wonder ?
                    Yea........ No.

They don't have the cross, nails, the weapons used to crucify him, the crown of thorns or the sign they put up mocking him.

Comment

A Catholic told me they have the nails.........

And a couple other things!

Comment

A Catholic told me they have the nails.........

And a couple other things!
                        Really, who's to say for sure. Maybe they do.

Blessings.
                        God Bless,
                        Tom

Romans 6:2b-4 -- How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father,even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Comment

Working...
                        X