Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asked God in prayer to marry a certain girl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asked God in prayer to marry a certain girl?

Mark 11:24 says that whatever we ask in prayer will be ours if we have faith in God (vs 22). (if we believe we have received it.) Is the answer to prayer sometimes no? How do we know if so? And how long does it take to get a prayer answered? And can someone explain in their own words what it means to have faith in God? I see that in Mark 2:5 Jesus sees the faith of the four men carrying the paralytic when they do everything they can to get to Jesus (2:4). So faith requires action. What kind? And how? How can I build up my faith in God? Does this mean that the larger faith you have, the faster your prayers get answered? James 2:17 says faith without works is dead. So I know that we need to wait on the Lord, but is part of the issue here more than just time? If I keep waiting but take no action to start building my faith, isn't my faith in a sense dead? Does God see the works you do and reward appropriately? But then, how do you do it while striving not to be a Pharisee and simply doing an outward action without building faith? My real question is, how do you build faith from the inside out? How do you both change your heart and change your actions at the same time? What mindset is this? Or is it fine simply to do outward actions?

Thank you...

Josh
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
    Prov 15:3

Re: Asked God in prayer to marry a certain girl?

Hello Josh,

It is up to you and your belief ! Do you really believe in GOD ? If so God will let you know in time....... Depending on you and your thoughts if they are

really trying to figure it all out. God wants you to be able to know the truth and what is right and wrong.

You need to think it over and figure it out ! After a while it will come to you and you will wonder why it took you so long.

The right thing at the right time. Thanking GOD and thinking and figuring it out , what if I did this, no what if I did it that way ?

You will finally give your self the correct answer ...... Praise GOD !

If you Love GOD and want the right thing to happen you just think !

Hope this made you understand ? I am at a age were things are getting harder for me.
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua1 View Post
      Mark 11:24 says that whatever we ask in prayer will be ours if we have faith in God (vs 22). (if we believe we have received it.) Is the answer to prayer sometimes no?
      Yes

How do we know if so?
      'It' doesn't happen, or circumstances don't work out, and so on. If, for example, you're praying for a certain job, and you apply, and are qualified, but you don't get that job, then the answer to your prayer is 'no (I have something better for you)'.

And how long does it take to get a prayer answered?
      Depends on the prayer? I've been waiting 30 years for one particular prayer, and I think I'll be waiting the rest of my life (in this case, prayer is not so much about getting an answer, but about talking with God, coping, allowing Him to teach us, and so on).

And can someone explain in their own words what it means to have faith in God?
      Mark 12.30-31
      30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
      31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

I see that in Mark 2:5 Jesus sees the faith of the four men carrying the paralytic when they do everything they can to get to Jesus (2:4). So faith requires action. What kind?
      The kind that believes not only that Jesus is God, but that Jesus loves you, has entered into relationship with you; and, that you'll reciprocate in response. You don't just believe that God exists, but also that God acts.

And how? How can I build up my faith in God?
      Pray, read your bible, get involved in church, or a Christian ministry; as best you can, set your mind on doing the things God wants you to do, and so on.

Does this mean that the larger faith you have, the faster your prayers get answered?
      No

James 2:17 says faith without works is dead. So I know that we need to wait on the Lord, but is part of the issue here more than just time? If I keep waiting but take no action to start building my faith, isn't my faith in a sense dead?
      When's the last time you read the Gospels, and Jesus spent His time waiting around? The same of the prophets in the Old Testament, or Apostles in the New? 'Wait[ing] on the Lord' doesn't mean not taking action.

Does God see the works you do and reward appropriately?
      If you're faithful, perhaps; but, not because of 'the works you do', which are a function of your faith.

But then, how do you do it while striving not to be a Pharisee and simply doing an outward action without building faith?
      The problem with the Pharisee's is that they lacked faith, not that they lacked action.

My real question is, how do you build faith from the inside out? How do you both change your heart and change your actions at the same time? What mindset is this? Or is it fine simply to do outward actions?
      You don't, God does. All you do is submit yourself to Jesus, and follow His leading. That means when you pray to marry 'a certain girl', you end it will 'but your will be done'. You never know, she could be praying not to marry you

Comment

I remember when I met my husband ... he was like immediately saying I was the girl for him ... I was like hey I'm not interested in some guy that lives across the ocean ... and then I said ... if it's meant to be it will be ... and here we are almost 20 years later ... and yea I'm living across the ocean having moved from sunny Florida to rainy Belgium.
        Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
        For You are the God of my salvation;
        On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Comment

Originally posted by Christinme View Post
          I remember when I met my husband ... he was like immediately saying I was the girl for him ... I was like hey I'm not interested in some guy that lives across the ocean ... and then I said ... if it's meant to be it will be ... and here we are almost 20 years later ... and yea I'm living across the ocean having moved from sunny Florida to rainy Belgium.
          I remember when I met my future wife; she was in a relationship

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasius View Post
            I remember when I met my future wife; she was in a relationship
            Lol ... what's that wink about ... and I'm picking up on the term "future wife" ...
            Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
            For You are the God of my salvation;
            On You I wait all the day.

Psalms 25:5

Comment

Originally posted by Christinme View Post
              Lol ... what's that wink about ... and I'm picking up on the term "future wife" ...
              It would be grammatically odd for me to have 'met my wife' while she was in a relationship.

Comment

Josh, it seems that some of your questions contain the answer and the others simply need to be prayed over in depth; seriously seeking to know God and His will.
                Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

I know it's been a while, but I just wanted to say-- a thought I had-- it seems like that "asking in faith" is almost somehow a restraint on what we can ask for. And maybe that would help to answer my question. For example, I can't hypothetically ask in faith that someone I "hate" would be killed or murdered, because that's contrary to faith, contrary to faith in who God is and his nature. I can only ask things in faith which are- well, faithful, or benevolent. So I think there is nothing wrong with wanting a wife, but it's perhaps not the most important thing I could ask for.
                  The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
                  Prov 15:3

Comment

Working...
                  X