Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of a christian am i? Am ii a protestant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of a christian am i? Am ii a protestant?

What kind of a christian am i? I dont go to church, i dont celebrate easter and christmas, i just read the bible and try to follow Jesus.
    Well, I see nowhere in the Bible where God or Christ tells us to divide up Christians into different types. Rather, Acts 11:26 says they were first called Christians at Antioch. Not Catholics, Protestants, Calvinists, etc. It's a good start that you read the Bible, that you follow Jesus, and we can know from 1 Cor 11:20 that we need to gather with brothers in Christ to take the Lord's Supper (see also Acts 20:7). So when you ask what kind of a Christian are you, you can be just that- a Christian-- by obeying His word, loving one another, etc.

You might want to look at 1 Corinthians 1:10-13. "Let there be no divisions among you..."
    Some of them were saying, "I follow Paul" (i.e. a Paul-ite), "I follow Apollos" (Apollos-ite) or "I follow Cephas", or "I follow Christ." Clearly the last one is the one we should do because that's what Jesus told us to do (Mark 8:34: Deny yourself, take up your cross, follow Jesus).
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
    Prov 15:3

Comment

Working...
    X