I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

I hope this isn't a redundant post... I looked through a bit but didn't find a thread that answered my questions.

I became a Christian almost two years ago. I was raised in the church and knew most of the "christianesse" but I did not give God my heart until Dec 11th 2015, or that is when He called me out of all this evil.

I find it incredibly easy to talk to my non Christian friends about God, constantly. Not to the point of annoyance but I bring it up all the time, as often as I see an opportunity and they are always open to start a conversation or get in a few sentences. Not so much with the Christians I have met.
    It seems like every time I have questions or concerns I am judged into silence. People lean on that verse by Paul - Everything is available not everything is profitable ( I know that is so out of context.... Sorry)

My most recent example is ( and there have been so many that I have been in tears at least weekly for the last year)

The assistant pastor at our church is married to a woman that has promoted yoga on her facebook page. She has shown up to church in shorts that barely cover her backside and there have been some other things but I just feel like more than two is trashing her.
    They are a very young couple and so when she posted about Yoga I sent her a private message about how each yoga pose is actually a religious tribute using your body as an offer to a pegan god. Her being so young, I figured she just didn't know. I was very kind, I went through many many edits making sure that no matter what mood she is in she could not read it with cruelty, not judging her but encouraging her not to advocate for it in public because of how many people can see those posts.
    immediately she attacked me saying that God had never convicted her of yoga being wrong and I don't really understand what I was talking about. Because of the aggressive attack I continued the conversation with her via instant message.
    One of the things she commented on was " I use Yoga to reduce my anxiety"
    I asked her if she would tell those words to an unsaved person? I asked and then answered that If I was unsaved and a Christian had told me to worship Jesus but yoga will reduce your stress, I would be heavily confused as to what God had more power..... And honestly, if yoga god is reducing stress and jesus god wants me to sacrifice, I am going with yoga god......
    She returned that email with an email that said she didn't want to talk about it anymore so I ended the conversation without replying.

I have seen this so many times over the last two years. People born and raised in the church and there is absolutely no difference between them and the world.

I had a sister have an abortion and I was the devil child in my family for being sad about it...... I heard so many excuses as why it was forgivable..... I felt like this sister had the abortion but I am the one being judged for being tormented by that act.... And my entire family says they are saved. Been in the church for their and our entire lives.....

I made a comment the other day about google giving tribute to the homosexual man that "invented the rainbow
    ( he put together the homosexual flag colors) and was instantly attacked by Christians saying we need to love everyone..... I don't really see that in the Bible I read. I see a very angry God that hates abortion, hates homosexuality, hates hypocrites in the church hates sin and wants us to turn away from it. I do see a very loving God that came to earth and died for our sins that we can be with him. I know God wants us to not have our noses up in the air , looking down on people. I know God wants me to share his love with everyone, but I don't agree with this systems form of love

It is NOT loving to me not to warn someone they are in danger. It is not loving to avoid hard conversations with people and not tell them about God because they might be offended. It is not loving to me to leave people in sin and hope they find their way out of it.

I am so heavily conflicted about sin. MY OWN ESPECIALLY!!!

Isn't it love thy enemy- the world is enemies with God therefor , they are our enemies and we are called to love them. But they are our enemies, and they need us to do the tough thing and tell them about Christ and hell and repentance right?

Am I supposed to be quiet ?
    I am not confused as to what to do with the unsaved. I expect them to be in sin, because they are without God.
    I am just so shocked by the Christians that stay in sin and then justify it and judge me when I bring it up.

Should we bring up these things to our brothers and sisters?
    Do we stay silent ?

I want so badly to Love Gods people, but I honestly feel exhausted by it

Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

Stay strong. Make sure you use tact. I'd encourage you look up Greg Koukl of str.org. Maybe even get his book "Tactics" to make sure you're tactful in conversation. But hang in there. Welcome to the unpopular view. A lot of churches are shallow with shallow people. Lots of unsaved people in churches. Only God knows the hearts but you wonder about some.

Pointing out sin can be loving. Before the good news there is bad news.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustGzus View Post
      Amen! It was the bad news that prepared my heart for the good news. And the good news was all the more good because of the bad news! So thankful that sin was pointed out to me. That bottomless black pit that was my sin made me desperate. But then came grace!
      Matt 9:13
      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
      NASU

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeHannah View Post
        I hope this isn't a redundant post... I looked through a bit but didn't find a thread that answered my questions.

I became a Christian almost two years ago. I was raised in the church and knew most of the "christianesse" but I did not give God my heart until Dec 11th 2015, or that is when He called me out of all this evil.

I find it incredibly easy to talk to my non Christian friends about God, constantly. Not to the point of annoyance but I bring it up all the time, as often as I see an opportunity and they are always open to start a conversation or get in a few sentences. Not so much with the Christians I have met.
        It seems like every time I have questions or concerns I am judged into silence. People lean on that verse by Paul - Everything is available not everything is profitable ( I know that is so out of context.... Sorry)

My most recent example is ( and there have been so many that I have been in tears at least weekly for the last year)

The assistant pastor at our church is married to a woman that has promoted yoga on her facebook page. She has shown up to church in shorts that barely cover her backside and there have been some other things but I just feel like more than two is trashing her.
        They are a very young couple and so when she posted about Yoga I sent her a private message about how each yoga pose is actually a religious tribute using your body as an offer to a pegan god. Her being so young, I figured she just didn't know. I was very kind, I went through many many edits making sure that no matter what mood she is in she could not read it with cruelty, not judging her but encouraging her not to advocate for it in public because of how many people can see those posts.
        immediately she attacked me saying that God had never convicted her of yoga being wrong and I don't really understand what I was talking about. Because of the aggressive attack I continued the conversation with her via instant message.
        I asked her if she would tell those words to an unsaved person? I asked and then answered that If I was unsaved and a Christian had told me to worship Jesus but yoga will reduce your stress, I would be heavily confused as to what God had more power..... And honestly, if yoga god is reducing stress and jesus god wants me to sacrifice, I am going with yoga god......
        She returned that email with an email that said she didn't want to talk about it anymore so I ended the conversation without replying.

I have seen this so many times over the last two years. People born and raised in the church and there is absolutely no difference between them and the world.

I had a sister have an abortion and I was the devil child in my family for being sad about it...... I heard so many excuses as why it was forgivable..... I felt like this sister had the abortion but I am the one being judged for being tormented by that act.... And my entire family says they are saved. Been in the church for their and our entire lives.....

I made a comment the other day about google giving tribute to the homosexual man that "invented the rainbow
        ( he put together the homosexual flag colors) and was instantly attacked by Christians saying we need to love everyone..... I don't really see that in the Bible I read. I see a very angry God that hates abortion, hates homosexuality, hates hypocrites in the church hates sin and wants us to turn away from it. I do see a very loving God that came to earth and died for our sins that we can be with him. I know God wants us to not have our noses up in the air , looking down on people. I know God wants me to share his love with everyone, but I don't agree with this systems form of love

It is NOT loving to me not to warn someone they are in danger. It is not loving to avoid hard conversations with people and not tell them about God because they might be offended. It is not loving to me to leave people in sin and hope they find their way out of it.

Isn't it love thy enemy- the world is enemies with God therefor , they are our enemies and we are called to love them. But they are our enemies, and they need us to do the tough thing and tell them about Christ and hell and repentance right?

I am not confused as to what to do with the unsaved. I expect them to be in sin, because they are without God.
        I am just so shocked by the Christians that stay in sin and then justify it and judge me when I bring it up.

Do we stay silent ?

As a young Christian you might not be in the best position to offer solid biblical advice.There is a way to address these concerns that a believer who has taken in more of the word could have wisdom in how to raise these issues productively.
        Is there a mature woman or two in the congregation that you can bring this issue to?

Comment

Originally posted by Iconoclast85 View Post
          As a young Christian you might not be in the best position to offer solid biblical advice.There is a way to address these concerns that a believer who has taken in more of the word could have wisdom in how to raise these issues productively.
          Is there a mature woman or two in the congregation that you can bring this issue to?

If the assistant pastors wife isn't a mature woman I can bring these issues to , I am at a loss....
          I thought I was bringing these issues to a mature Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustGzus View Post
            Stay strong. Make sure you use tact. I'd encourage you look up Greg Koukl of str.org. Maybe even get his book "Tactics" to make sure you're tactful in conversation. But hang in there. Welcome to the unpopular view. A lot of churches are shallow with shallow people. Lots of unsaved people in churches. Only God knows the hearts but you wonder about some.

I have been listening to a bunch of his speeches !
            Thank you So much! He is very helpful for these topics.

His talk on being a gardener and not a reaper, makes total sense.

I am also the generation of instant gratification and I didn't realize how much that plays a roll in even these topics.
            Maybe I am seeing the seeds not the tree

Comment

Being real around other Christians is one of the things that I have had a difficult time with.
              It seems it is possible the Pastor's wife, rather than bringing her anxiety (or problems) out into the light, has found a way to "appear" perfectly "ok" which is common among believers. Trust is difficult and what is most needed in the Body, IMO.

Appearances are one thing. But deep calls unto deep...

Psalm 42:6-7
              O my God, my soul is in despair within me; Therefore I remember You from the land of the Jordan And the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.
              Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

Sounds like you are getting a taste of the real world now's the time to..

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

He's there for you 24/7

Jude
                A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

No. If you believe God wants you to rebuke another Christian, do so as kindly as possible. If they then reject your counsel, they must answer for that.

Unfortunately you will see this all the time. There are few who will honestly admit to their sins and repent. And naturally, when people are convicted, they would rather kill the messenger than listen to the message. Please note from Scripture (Acts 7:51,52):Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Stay focused on your own spiritual growth and your own good works.

Comment

There are things we don't engage in, and things we do. Look at the eternal vs. the temporary.

Comment

Consider the two teaching missing from Christianity is the right to protect oneself and the responsibility to be ethical and to encourage others to do both. Both are in the Old Testament but not so much in the New. I'd like someone to argue the both are in the New. I see it some but it's more in the Old. The US constitution is written for both. We come to Jesus to save us then the church tells us to love others but don't protect ourselves? It doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Enoch987 View Post
                        Consider the two teaching missing from Christianity is the right to protect oneself and the responsibility to be ethical and to encourage others to do both. Both are in the Old Testament but not so much in the New. I'd like someone to argue the both are in the New. I see it some but it's more in the Old. The US constitution is written for both. We come to Jesus to save us then the church tells us to love others but don't protect ourselves? It doesn't make sense.
                        Who said the church doesn't allow us to protect ourselves ? There are clear guidelines about handling strife in the body. The problem I see is too many people are looking for problems about things that are temporary in nature.

Comment

Before warning her and possibly offending her that she is performing (maybe) a pagan ritual, stop and think about whether her awareness of that is of importance to God and in light of the conscience.

Paul makes a very key point about the conscience. Don't offend the conscience of someone unnecessarily. For you, Yoga is unnatural and points to a pagan worship practice.

To others, Yoga is merely an exercise. Consider the merits and benefits of a merely secular Yoga, and also consider you might be wrong about the pagan worship. Suppose that the pagan deity and yoga poses are simply coincidental. Suppose that we have adopted a formerly pagan ritual as a method of exercise. It is possible that the yoga poses do have mental and physical benefits. Physical exercise of all kinds is beneficial for anxiety by releasing stress and regulating the mood - just from a scientific standpoint.

Can you readily discern that her Yoga studio is following truly pagan practices, chants, or techniques? Don't try to add guilt onto someone where there is no need.

On this note, you have a great point it is hard to discern between the two sometimes. I would suggest asking anyone to tell you what they hope for ... that's a good marker.

That one is troubling. Seems a callous view by your family on the value of life. That said, you realize that the act is forgivable, yes? God put the life of a human within the life of a woman. She is in the driver seat and sin as it may be, women feel a sense of entitlement to do as they please with their body. The Fetus is viewed as merely an extension of the body by some, but to others like you an extension of the image of God. Rather than throw guilt, try to add to their viewpoint a sense of awe and magnificence in being created in the image and likeness of God! In so doing, they may see abortion as a terrible crime.

Of course homosexuality and love are not the same thing. Teaching the world that love is expressed on the cross is the key thing. Love is self-LESS-ness. Homosexuallity is merely lust. Consider that homosexuality is not the main thing Jesus came here to solve. Like abortion it wrecks the image of God by confusing the natural design of the human form. Is God horrified at sex sins any more than other lusts, like greed, or abuse of power? Nope.

THink about this. Sexual sins were ADDITINALLY penalized as crimes in ancient Israel. Consider that the sin and the crime no longer equate in our time, being as we are not tasked to build a holy nation. God ended that period and we entered a new period, not the Lion's rules, but the Lamb's rules. We learn from Leviticus the principles behind the laws which were enforced but we don't enforce them.

A broken heart God will not despise! don't attempt to BREAK someone's heart artificially.

Express to sinners how you were forgiven, that gives them hope too. Convicting others of sin is mainly the Spirit's job, reminding Christians to stay on course away from sin is our -prophetic- job. Badgering the worldly about their sin is NOT our job.

WOW. I think you just REVERSED the point of that passage. If you view them as an enemy, that in itself isn't loving. Consider that the point was to not view them as an enemy but to behave as Christ did, and to LOVE ALL. God so LOVED the world. That does mean he loves everyone. No hate. (Don't confuse atonement and love though)

Yes, and no. Strive to live a quiet and peaceful life (1 Thess 4:11) But be ready to defend the Gospel at all times but remember that the meek inherit the earth, not the bold or brave. Follow the narrow path

Do we stay silent ?

God's people are free from the condemnation of sin. Sometimes that manifests as a license to sin, and in certain ways, it's true, God is willing to forgive and will indeed overlook many sins. Why be exhausted by Love? I think you are misplacing love and prophecy. Prophecy reminds God's people who have strayed to come back to him and renew the bond of the covenant. Be careful that you don't misplace prophecy with works-righteousness, as if we must follow a strict task list of do's and don'ts to either be saved or maintain salvation.

We don't maintain our salvation, we are held in state of sanctification until the day of our salvation comes.

Peace to you.
                          As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

Comment

There ar very few Christians I call friend for the same reasons. As Scooby Snacks quoted, "deep calls unto deep". Be strong and stay faithful my friend.
                            Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
                              There ar very few Christians I call friend for the same reasons. As Scooby Snacks quoted, "deep calls unto deep". Be strong and stay faithful my friend.
                              I have a hard time understanding this. I have many Christians I call friends. In fact, almost ALL of my friends are Christians.

Perhaps the problem is deeper than you know.

Comment

Working...
                              X