Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians



    Oh this is so sad........... I tried to save my friends after I got saved............. I wanted to help every one.....

    Bad idea............ I did not know my bible as yet....... and that made me loose these friends......

    So please , be sure you have a lot of scripture from the bible that you can use......

    I did not and I wish some one would have mentioned some thing lie this to me......

    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

      WannaBeHannah,

      You were absolutely right about the yoga itself and yes, you should be concerned when an assistant pastors wife shows up to church in shorts that barely cover her backside. And yes, you should be able to have a conversation with her about it and she should have taken the time to discuss it with you via the web or, better yet, face to face over some coffee or similar.

      And yes, you should be concerned that no one else in the church seems to have a problem with it or, if they do, remain silent. Could you have handled things better? No matter how ell we handle these situations we always, always look back in hindsight and recognize that we could have done better.

      Not all local churches are at the level of maturity they should be and neither are all who have become pastors. Some people attend church their entire lives and claim Christ but don't know Him at all. But please don't look at one local church and think the entire Church ( which is composed of all we are born again ) is the same. We aren't.

      You should be able talk to your pastor directly about your concerns ( and I don't mean the yoga and shorts specifically at first ) and see how it goes. You can also visit other local churches to see if you can find a better fit for you and your growth right now. Just because your family attends this church doesn't mean that you have to. And if they have a problem with any of this?

      You have to work out your own salvation sister and your relationship with and love for God comes before all else. Just never forget that without love we have nothing. You can be absolutely right and correct in speaking of all things but if you don't do so out of love for God and your brothers and sisters in Christ you can do more harm than good.

      Edit to add: We as Christians are called to edify and uplift each other. We are directly told not to forsake fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ. We have clear Scripture telling us that if we see someone in the church that is in the wrong that we should approach them and gives steps about how these things are to be handled.
      You are in the right and I hope you never lose your fire and passion for the Lord.
      Good luck sister. You will have trouble, you will have strife and you will have others telling you that we shouldn't judge what God has clearly called sin.

      Through it all continue to trust in Him and remember that He is your hope and that He is your joy and that He is the life and things will turn out fine in the end.
      Last edited by BrianW; Jun 17 2017, 12:39 PM.
      "Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage."

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

        I believe you need to find a different church ! If for any reason this is not what you can do..

        at least find one on the computer and write to them for help........ do more then one , that way you should get a answer.

        Just make it as clear as possible and short as possible....... Blessing to you !
        Eph. 2:8
        For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
        9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

          Attending church doesn't make you a Christian - as much as sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car......

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

            There are many different "Christian" denominations. In Galatians Paul calls these one of the works of the flesh ("herisis" or divisions Gal. 5). Satan has been advancing this assault on Christians for centuries. The result is people who claim Christ and despise other Christians when the most singular identifying characteristic of Christians should be their love for each other.

            Here is a web page that describes some of the many divisions in Christianity.

            http://christianpioneer.com/lib/rchurch/rchurch.htm

            I would suggest avoiding those who seem disinterested or unable to seek the deeper things of the Lord and seek out older wiser Christians who are better examples and able to show you how to draw ever closer to our Savior.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

              Originally posted by BCV View Post
              Attending church doesn't make you a Christian - as much as sitting in a garage doesn't make you a car......
              True. Takes more to be a Christian.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

                It's a shocking Revelation but many many that profess to be Christians are not. Many of those that see nothing wrong with this person's dress are in the same sinking boat. Denominationalized but unsaved.

                Multitudes that are born again Christians are not baptized in the Holy Spirit. Until you have been born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit you are not equipped to walk rightly. Acts chapter 19 tells us about it.

                Yoga is just another ploy of Satan to take eyes and ears away from God. This woman is unsaved and needs to be really born again and filled with God's Holy Spirit.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

                  Originally posted by Frank Lee View Post
                  It's a shocking Revelation but many many that profess to be Christians are not. Many of those that see nothing wrong with this person's dress are in the same sinking boat. Denominationalized but unsaved.

                  Multitudes that are born again Christians are not baptized in the Holy Spirit. Until you have been born again and baptized in the Holy Spirit you are not equipped to walk rightly. Acts chapter 19 tells us about it.

                  Yoga is just another ploy of Satan to take eyes and ears away from God. This woman is unsaved and needs to be really born again and filled with God's Holy Spirit.
                  How do you do that? Get baptized by the Holy Spirit?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

                    Originally posted by DavidC View Post
                    How do you do that? Get baptized by the Holy Spirit?
                    Congratulations! You have just opened a major can of worms!

                    Basically, there are two camps of opinion in this matter. One camp believes that Christians are baptized in the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) at the point when they are born again; and that it is sometimes accompanied by “signs” such as speaking in tongues and prophesying.

                    The second camp believes that Spirit baptism, or Holy Ghost baptism, is a “second blessing” that the born- again believer experiences at some point after salvation if they diligently seek and ask God, and that it is always accompanied by “signs” such as speaking in tongues and prophesying.

                    I know sincere, well-rooted and grounded, and spiritually-gifted believers with very different opinions in this area

                    In my opinion, it is up to the individual believer to come to their own understanding in this matter, by diligent study of the scriptures as well as listening to the teaching and opinions of others.

                    I would suggest that you might start by comparing the accounts of the manifestation of the spirit in Acts 2:1-4 and related text, with Acts 10:44-48 and related text (it is very important to read these accounts in their context).


                    P.S. Being "filled" with the Spirit is something different. I'll leave that to someone else to follow-up. Need to get to sleep here.
                    If one member suffers, all suffer together ESV, 1Co 12:26a

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

                      Dear DavidC;

                      This is for you...

                      I just asked Him and He did it. Everyone that asks receives Jesus said. God wants to do you with His Holy Spirit more than you want it. The gift of speaking in tongues goes along with being filled with the Holy Spirit. I'm currently writing an indepth article and here are scriptures I'll be using.

                      First let me tell you how it happened to me. I was saved outside of any church. Jesus sent His Holy Spirit to convict me of sin at our rural mountain home. I repented if my sins and asked Him to save me which He so wonderfully did.

                      I then needed to be filled/baptized with His Holy Spirit but didn't know that. Just like you. I saw a woman on TV that was in trouble but she was saved. She was crying out to God for help and she noticed Y her click that she had bee praying in a language she'd never learned for a good while.

                      I'd never heard of such a thing myself. Later that day I was crying out to God and thought if that woman. A thought came that "if God did that for this woman maybe He'd do that for you too". In childlike faith I began to make up words, mumbling, jibberjsh, anything at all. In just a minute I wasn't making up words any more. He filled me up with His spirit and gave me the gift of tongues and my life has never been the same. That was 40 years ago and I an still praying I the spirit!

                      I was praying I the spirit when He gavene the interpretation telling me that after 14 childless years my wife was pregnant! It was so! J could write you a large book on what we've seen Him do. Praise God for His gift of Jesus!

                      Scriptures O the infilling of the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues;

                      Baptism in the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues


                      Job 29:21 — Job 29:23 (NKJV)
                      “Men listened to me and waited,
                      And kept silence for my counsel.
                      After my words they did not speak again,
                      And my speech settled on them as dew.
                      They waited for me as for the rain,
                      And they opened their mouth wide as for the spring rain.

                      Intercessory prayer I the spirit


                      Job 32:18 — Job 32:20 (NKJV)
                      For I am full of words;
                      The spirit within me compels me.
                      Indeed my belly is like wine that has no vent;
                      It is ready to burst like new wineskins.
                      I will speak, that I may find relief;
                      I must open my lips and answer.


                      Isaiah 28:11-12 KJVS
                      For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
                      [12] To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

                      Zephaniah 3:9 KJVS
                      For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord , to serve him with one consent.

                      Mark 16:17 KJVS
                      And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

                      Acts 1:8 KJVS
                      But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

                      Acts 2:1-4 KJVS
                      And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
                      [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
                      [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
                      [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.


                      Acts 19:1-7 KJVS
                      And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
                      [2] He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
                      [3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. [4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
                      [5] When they heard this , they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
                      [6] And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
                      [7] And all the men were about twelve.

                      1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJVS
                      But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. [8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
                      [9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
                      [10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
                      [11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.


                      Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up. I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue. So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
                      1 Corinthians 14:1*-‬5*, ‬18*-‬19*, ‬39 ESV

                      praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
                      Ephesians 6:18 ESV


                      Jude 1:20 (NKJV)
                      But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: I am having a Hard time with Chrsitians

                        Originally posted by Frank Lee View Post
                        Dear DavidC;

                        This is for you...

                        I just asked Him and He did it. Everyone that asks receives Jesus said. God wants to do you with His Holy Spirit more than you want it. The gift of speaking in tongues goes along with being filled with the Holy Spirit. I'm currently writing an indepth article and here are scriptures I'll be using.

                        First let me tell you how it happened to me. I was saved outside of any church. Jesus sent His Holy Spirit to convict me of sin at our rural mountain home. I repented if my sins and asked Him to save me which He so wonderfully did.

                        I then needed to be filled/baptized with His Holy Spirit but didn't know that. Just like you. I saw a woman on TV that was in trouble but she was saved. She was crying out to God for help and she noticed Y her click that she had bee praying in a language she'd never learned for a good while.

                        I'd never heard of such a thing myself. Later that day I was crying out to God and thought if that woman. A thought came that "if God did that for this woman maybe He'd do that for you too". In childlike faith I began to make up words, mumbling, jibberjsh, anything at all. In just a minute I wasn't making up words any more. He filled me up with His spirit and gave me the gift of tongues and my life has never been the same. That was 40 years ago and I an still praying I the spirit!

                        I was praying I the spirit when He gavene the interpretation telling me that after 14 childless years my wife was pregnant! It was so! J could write you a large book on what we've seen Him do. Praise God for His gift of Jesus!

                        Scriptures O the infilling of the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues;

                        Baptism in the Holy Spirit and the gift of tongues


                        Job 29:21 — Job 29:23 (NKJV)
                        “Men listened to me and waited,
                        And kept silence for my counsel.
                        After my words they did not speak again,
                        And my speech settled on them as dew.
                        They waited for me as for the rain,
                        And they opened their mouth wide as for the spring rain.

                        Intercessory prayer I the spirit


                        Job 32:18 — Job 32:20 (NKJV)
                        For I am full of words;
                        The spirit within me compels me.
                        Indeed my belly is like wine that has no vent;
                        It is ready to burst like new wineskins.
                        I will speak, that I may find relief;
                        I must open my lips and answer.


                        Isaiah 28:11-12 KJVS
                        For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
                        [12] To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

                        Zephaniah 3:9 KJVS
                        For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord , to serve him with one consent.

                        Mark 16:17 KJVS
                        And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

                        Acts 1:8 KJVS
                        But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

                        Acts 2:1-4 KJVS
                        And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
                        [2] And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
                        [3] And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
                        [4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.


                        Acts 19:1-7 KJVS
                        And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
                        [2] He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
                        [3] And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. [4] Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
                        [5] When they heard this , they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
                        [6] And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
                        [7] And all the men were about twelve.

                        1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJVS
                        But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. [8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
                        [9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
                        [10] To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
                        [11] But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.


                        Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy. For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. On the other hand, the one who prophesies speaks to people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation. The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church. Now I want you all to speak in tongues, but even more to prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be built up. I thank God that I speak in tongues more than all of you. Nevertheless, in church I would rather speak five words with my mind in order to instruct others, than ten thousand words in a tongue. So, my brothers, earnestly desire to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.
                        1 Corinthians 14:1*-‬5*, ‬18*-‬19*, ‬39 ESV

                        praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
                        Ephesians 6:18 ESV


                        Jude 1:20 (NKJV)
                        But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit
                        Hi Frank Lee,

                        Thanks for your post, it's full of wisdom!

                        There is a follow-up for me I'd like to share, I read a book and prayed about being baptized and so I believe I am now. Praise God. I had no idea there was a difference, but God is good and faithful!

                        Thanks again!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X