Demons or Hauntings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demons or Hauntings

What do you all think about places that are "haunted"? Some people say it's souls from people who have lived and died there. I tried to find something similar like this happening in the Bible but the only thing I can find is when Saul spoke with the dead soul of Samuel.

Or do you think it would be a demon? How would you go about getting rid of this, whichever one it could be? I couldn't find anything about a demon possessing a house either, but only people. Can a demon possess a thing or just people - or pigs ?

Thanks.

Re: Demons or Hauntings

Originally posted by DavidC View Post
    What do you all think about places that are "haunted"?
    Silly myths for the most part I'd say.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Comment

Originally posted by jesusinmylife View Post
      Silly myths for the most part I'd say.
      Maybe so.

Do you believe there are demons upon the earth today?

Comment

Have heard preaching that demons and evil spirits are territorial, so i'm not surprised. There is one lady at work who told me a couple of weeks ago she has Ghost that haunts her house every now and then. She moved houses and the Ghost followed her to the new house. Said that when the ghost was around it had a foul odor/smell to it. The ghost throws objects around the room and sometimes at them.

I didn't want to tell her, that i didn't think it was a ghost, but a demon or evil spirit - but said she should get the house blessed by an ordained minister to get rid of the ghost, which I believe is a demon or evil spirit.

What do you all think about places that are "haunted"? Some people say it's souls from people who have lived and died there. I tried to find something similar like this happening in the Bible but the only thing I can find is when Saul spoke with the dead soul of Samuel.

Or do you think it would be a demon? How would you go about getting rid of this, whichever one it could be? I couldn't find anything about a demon possessing a house either, but only people. Can a demon possess a thing or just people - or pigs ?

Thanks.

Comment

I personally think that part of the reason satan is pushing this meme, ( manifesting it ) is to throw a kind of false view of reality into the mix.... ( to deceive of course ) Let me try and explain.

By making the masses believe/think that "pure evil" exists, ( serial killers, demonic possession, overt Satanic worship, haunted homes etc...) while all very evil, this extreme end leads people believe that if I am not doing/experiencing/promoting THAT "kind" of "evil" I must be "ok". [ in God eyes ]

It gives a sort of false sense of security to the uninformed masses that they are "Ok" from "Gods" perspective if they are not doing/promoting these things.

The reality is, much evil masquerades as good. "All religions reach God" "Truth is subjective" "It does not matter what you believe as long as you are good".

I don't know if homes can be "haunted" or not....If this is real, I do feel they are not the dead hanging around, but would be demons masquerading as the dead to throw people off the trial. Narrow is the path...

The current obsession in North America with this meme is disturbing, ( hollywood promotes this ad nauseam)

Their minds should be focused on the REAL POWER of God, not the defeated power of satan.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
          Hosea 4:6
          A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

What do you all think about places that are "haunted"?
            There is no question that places can be -- and have been -- haunted.

Some people say it's souls from people who have lived and died there. I tried to find something similar like this happening in the Bible but the only thing I can find is when Saul spoke with the dead soul of Samuel.
            It is not the souls and spirits of the dead which haunt people or places, but rather evil spirits and demons. When Samuel appeared to Saul that was a very exceptional incident and should not be taken as the norm. This was not a "ghost" but Samuel brought out of Sheol to communicate with Saul.

There is nothing "cool" about demon possession or demonic oppression. If you are a Christian, stay away from any contact with demons or the occult and focus on Christ,

By making the masses believe/think that "pure evil" exists,...
            Well there is no question that pure evil does exist on this earth, and we cannot simply dismiss it and say that everyone is evil. While all human beings are sinners by birth and by choice, all are not purely evil.

Comment

Maybe so.

Do you believe there are demons upon the earth today?
              I believe the Bible teaches they do. Why else would Paul write about putting on the full armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18
              10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
              9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Comment

Originally posted by jesusinmylife View Post
                I believe the Bible teaches they do. Why else would Paul write about putting on the full armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18
                10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
                Thanks, good reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky22 View Post
                  I personally think that part of the reason satan is pushing this meme, ( manifesting it ) is to throw a kind of false view of reality into the mix.... ( to deceive of course ) Let me try and explain.

By making the masses believe/think that "pure evil" exists, ( serial killers, demonic possession, overt Satanic worship, haunted homes etc...) while all very evil, this extreme end leads people believe that if I am not doing/experiencing/promoting THAT "kind" of "evil" I must be "ok". [ in God eyes ]

It gives a sort of false sense of security to the uninformed masses that they are "Ok" from "Gods" perspective if they are not doing/promoting these things.

The reality is, much evil masquerades as good. "All religions reach God" "Truth is subjective" "It does not matter what you believe as long as you are good".

I don't know if homes can be "haunted" or not....If this is real, I do feel they are not the dead hanging around, but would be demons masquerading as the dead to throw people off the trial. Narrow is the path...

The current obsession in North America with this meme is disturbing, ( hollywood promotes this ad nauseam)

Their minds should be focused on the REAL POWER of God, not the defeated power of satan.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
                  Hosea 4:6
                  This reminds me of one of the letters in Revelation, the one written to the lukewarm church. It's not so obvious to us when satan has us oblivious to what is really going on. It's kind of like the church has taken what the world has presented and made it their own. If you listen to the mainstream news media, some preachers sound exactly like them, I've heard them on-line. They don't even know they're spreading satan's agenda - or do they?

Comment

This reminds me of one of the letters in Revelation, the one written to the lukewarm church. It's not so obvious to us when satan has us oblivious to what is really going on. It's kind of like the church has taken what the world has presented and made it their own. If you listen to the mainstream news media, some preachers sound exactly like them, I've heard them on-line. They don't even know they're spreading satan's agenda - or do they?
                    Many examples of "people" in churches, many of which are in leadership position where their voice and leadership goes world-wide, are speaking "in God's name." So no, they are deceived and do not realize they are doing satan's work and their followers, are being led right into eternal punishment along with them. These days, whole denominations and religions are deceived and accept SIN from the mouths and by the actions of their leadership.

2 Peter 2: But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
                    --
                    Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

I think deception can come in many forms, both overtly evil and also hidden with goodness.

Satan (masquerades as an angel of light)

(2 Cor 11:14 NIV) And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

(2 Cor 11:14 KJV) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

:: Satan (True evil self)

(John 8:44 NIV) You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

(John 8:44 KJV) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

::

(Rev 12:9 KJV) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

(Rev 20:7 KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

(Rev 20:8 KJV) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
                        I think deception can come in many forms, both overtly evil and also hidden with goodness.

Satan (masquerades as an angel of light)

(2 Cor 11:14 NIV) And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

(2 Cor 11:14 KJV) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

:: Satan (True evil self)

(John 8:44 NIV) You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

(John 8:44 KJV) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

(Rev 12:9 KJV) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

(Rev 20:7 KJV) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

(Rev 20:8 KJV) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
                        Hooah, many church leadership today do satan's work and after they do satan's work... conclude the work in God's name. The deception is THAT acute!
                        --
                        Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
                          Hooah, many church leadership today do satan's work and after they do satan's work... conclude the work in God's name. The deception is THAT acute!
                          Hi Slug1,
                          If we, at all, have the Holy Spirit, wouldn't we know we weren't doing God's Will? Because we have the Holy Spirit, is there a way to sin and not know it? I think we know when we sin. As I was studying what you are saying, I found in Romans 1, "people hold the truth in unrighteousness", they suppress it - and doesn't this indicate they are suppressing it - on purpose and knowingly?

What if the teacher is suppressing the truth in unrighteousness BUT the people who are listening and believing are deceived? Even hearing something false, however, if we have the Holy Spirit wouldn't we know what we're hearing is false? Don't all believers have discernment?

Thanks.

Comment

Agreed, applies to inside and outside the church.

The tares and the seed (Mt 13:37-42)

(Mat 13:37 KJV) He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;

(Mat 13:38 KJV) The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

(Mat 13:39 KJV) The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

(Mat 13:40 KJV) As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.

(Mat 13:41 KJV) The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

(Mat 13:42 KJV) And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Popular NT Commentary - Matthew 13:38

The field is the world. ‘His field’ (Mat_13:24), hence some would limit this to the Church. But in that case the parable would not differ from the last of the series. The phrase can only mean the Church, as the Church is seeking to occupy the whole world. The gospel is good seed to be scattered everywhere; the intertwining of the roots suggests that the tares are in the Church also, as indeed Mat_13:41 plainly implies.

The sons of the kingdom—the sons of the evil one. The reference is to persons, who represent and embody the two opposing influences and developments. In the world, and in the Church both as an organized body and as engaged in its missionary enterprises, there exist side by side two such classes; those made heirs of Christ’s kingdom by Divine sowing and those who are of the seed of the serpent.

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

Comment

Demons or minions of the devil can take on or possess any living thing but like the souls of the departed who flit about helping family and loved ones the devil and its minions can do just the opposite. Anytime someone feels the presence of a baneful animus spirit or evil influence they should instantly put on their Armour of Light by saying this, "Jesus what do I say or do" and know, depending on your faith, you will receive what to say or do. An old sage said to read Psalm 91 and the first four verses of Psalm 68 until these denizens depart and keep reading them until they do depart, while others have used white sage smudges while reading the same Psalms. Remember what you allow yourself to think, see, hear, say and do literally set into motion Almighty God’s creative powers that form the matrix of life’s reality you find yourself now walking whether good or bad; so knowing this practice each day focusing your whole attention on your movements whether thoughts, sight, sounds, words or deeds, doing that which is good, positive and constructive.
                              The Word of God tells us there is life after death and now science is proving it. A British scientist at the forefront of this theory claims that humans have souls, which don't die along with the body. We may not know exactly what consciousness is, but physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it's just a packet of information stored at a quantum - or sub-atomic - level. Sensationally, he claims to have found evidence that this information, which is stored in microtubules within human cells, leaves the body after a person dies. Sir Roger has argued that when a person dies temporarily, this quantum information is released into the universe, only to return to the body's cells if the host is brought back to life. He argues that this explains why people can have near-death experiences, and believes that this quantum information amounts to a soul leaving the body. The physics expert said: "If the patient dies, it's possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul."
                              "A man can no more diminish God's glory or His Son Jesus by refusing to worship them than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.”
                              The Daniel Project was playing on Netflix and can be found on Face book; this documentary will open the eyes of some skeptics concerning the Word of God, prophecies fulfilled and Jesus the Christ of Nazareth, the Messiah.
                              If you do not know Jesus the Christ of Nazareth, the Messiah, as your personal savior, yet believe He is Lord, was born of the Virgin Mary, died for your sins, arose from the dead the third day and is now at the right hand of Almighty God, then if so lead say this simple prayer to be saved and have eternal life in the Kingdom of God and not be Judged for sins truly repented.
                              Jesus loves you and is calling you.
                              “Hear Oh Israel the Lord our God is one Lord and blessed is the Glory of the Lord from His place; Precious Jesus the Christ of Nazareth please forgive me my sins and come into my heart and life forever Amen.”
                              If you are sincere in this prayer then know for certain that you are saved and if you need help on your Christian walk contact me through my website below.

http://counselfreelight.homestead.com/Roberts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X