Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearls Before Swine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pearls Before Swine

    Today I opened my heart to a group of people in a Christian group. I told them many problems that I am facing and I went deep into my trauma and sins that I committed, which I confessed. But I do not know those people very well and now I'm now having panic attacks.

  • #2
    Re: Pearls Before Swine

    Originally posted by Translucent1 View Post
    Today I opened my heart to a group of people in a Christian group. I told them many problems that I am facing and I went deep into my trauma and sins that I committed, which I confessed. But I do not know those people very well and now I'm now having panic attacks.
    It was clearly a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes. So the best thing to do is to talk to the Lord about it and ask Him to protect you from anyone who may use your openness to try and do you harm, or bring you hurt, or destroy you.

    Christians have to use great discernment to know with whom they can share their deepest needs and problems. Only those who are mature and have a sense of responsibility and know how to maintain strict confidentiality should be approached, preferably from among the spiritual leaders in your church.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Pearls Before Swine

      They told me I should see a therapist but I did that repeatedly and none helped. I am so starved of love that I'm looking for sympathy from strangers but I feel like I'm throwing myself under the bus sometimes. Now the darkness (the unknown) is attacking me because I don't know how these people see me now. But I want to share with others the bad as well as the good because I'm so used to people showing only the good in order to appear perfect before others.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Pearls Before Swine

        Originally posted by Daniel567 View Post
        It was clearly a mistake, but everyone makes mistakes. So the best thing to do is to talk to the Lord about it and ask Him to protect you from anyone who may use your openness to try and do you harm, or bring you hurt, or destroy you.

        Christians have to use great discernment to know with whom they can share their deepest needs and problems. Only those who are mature and have a sense of responsibility and know how to maintain strict confidentiality should be approached, preferably from among the spiritual leaders in your church.
        You're right, I will try to be much more careful next time and not repeat the same mistake again. Perhaps I needed to learn this lesson as I move on in life. Not everyone can be trusted, and I pray for the LORD and his Son to protect me so I can relax a little.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Pearls Before Swine

          Originally posted by Translucent1 View Post
          They told me I should see a therapist but I did that repeatedly and none helped. I am so starved of love that I'm looking for sympathy from strangers but I feel like I'm throwing myself under the bus sometimes. Now the darkness (the unknown) is attacking me because I don't know how these people see me now. But I want to share with others the bad as well as the good because I'm so used to people showing only the good in order to appear perfect before others.
          No you don't need a therapist since Christ is your Great Physician and can heal body, soul, and spirit. But what you do need desperately at this time is a Christian brother or sister who will take you under their wing and show you some genuine love without trying to psychoanalyze you. It won't be easy, but God will bring someone into your life. Just ask Him to do so very soon.

          Comment

          Working...
          X