Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

In this passage, the Lord Jesus taught Christians to have no fear of the unbelievers, but instead fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

I invite a discussion between Christians.

Holy Bible - Matthew 10:26-33 (ESV)
    26 ôSo have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[h] 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[i] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Re: Fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Originally posted by Alert View Post
    In this passage, the Lord Jesus taught Christians to have no fear of the unbelievers, but instead fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

26 “So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[h] 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[i] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
    Normally, when one starts an OP, they raise ask questions. But in this case, the text is very plain and unambiguous that it's difficult to know what you wish to be discussed...

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
      Normally, when one starts an OP, they raise ask questions. But in this case, the text is very plain and unambiguous that it's difficult to know what you wish to be discussed...
      Looks to me that he's referring to the fear of sharing Jesus Christ and the plan of salvation with others.. some say it's not my job some say its not my gift but the commandment is clear we are to preach the gospel to every living creature..

i like the way Leonard Ravenhill put it..

The early Church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.
      A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alert View Post

26 “So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.[h] 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?[i] And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
        In context, this passage addresses the fact that the Pharisees had continuously denied Jesus while the disciples continued to speak about Him everywhere they went. We might paraphrase His teaching this way: "Whoever confesses me before men (such as you disciples), I will confess him before my Father in heaven. But whoever denies me before men (like the Pharisees), I will deny him before my Father in heaven.

Those who confess Jesus are those who recognize Him as being the true Messiah and trust in Him as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. Those who deny Jesus (and those who give mere lip service confession) but refuse to trust in Him alone for salvation place themselves beyond any possibility of salvation, since salvation is found only in Him (John 3:15,16,18; 10:9; 14:6).

The word for "deny" is an aorist tense. This points to the fact that Jesus is not talking about a single instance of denial (as was the case with Peter, who actually denied Jesus three times (Luke 22:56-62) but is referring to life in its entirety. Hence, the person who throughout his life denies Christ (as was typically the case with the Pharisess and includes unbelievers who may even give mere "lip service confession" - Matthew 7:21-23, but lack saving faith in Christ) will be denied by Christ before the Father.
        Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Working...
        X