Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: water baptism

Originally posted by randyk View Post
    We cannot win souls unless God has called us to do it. Many years ago, during a national revival of Christianity, during the Charismatic Movement/Jesus People Movement, it was not too difficult to tell people on the street about Christ. But every time someone opened their heart to the Gospel, it was entirely predictable--a Christian friend nearby would step in, and bring in the harvest.

It has never been my job to bring about a conversion--my job has always been to lay the groundwork, and clearly, that's been done.

Salvation clearly is a matter of the "convert" accepting "redemption." Whether full regeneration takes place, or only the *knowledge* of redemption is accepted, I don't know, and it isn't my job to judge. It's only my job to share the truth. It is the convert's job to accept that truth.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way a soul can be saved is it has to be redeemed?

Comment

Originally posted by Loaousal View Post
      Correct me if I'm wrong but the only way a soul can be saved is it has to be redeemed?
      I don't know how to define the Salvation of the Soul other than through Christian Redemption? What alternative is there?

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
        I don't know how to define the Salvation of the Soul other than through Christian Redemption? What alternative is there?
        I heard that you have to be born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit. So please explain to me how anyone that you know was redeemed through Christian redemption?

Comment

Originally posted by Loaousal View Post
          I heard that you have to be born into the kingdom of God by water and Spirit. So please explain to me how anyone that you know was redeemed through Christian redemption?
          By recognizing who Christ is, you accept him. Once you understand where he will take you, you go along with it.

Comment

I think that as long as you are immersed and not baptized in the waters of Mormon that you are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by BiblicalElect View Post
              I think that as long as you are immersed and not baptized in the waters of Mormon that you are ok.
              Oh boy... dare I ask ?

Comment

Working...
              X