Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Christian Law Enforcement Officers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Christian Law Enforcement Officers here?

Hi! I'm wondering how Christian law enforcement officers live out their faith on the job, and what they've learned. I'd love to hear examples or stories.

Some specific questions in my mind:
    What has God taught you through the job and the people (public, agency, inter-agency) you work with?

You have a lot of contact with elements of society that don't respect rules or other people: how do you try to get through to them? What's worked and what hasn't?

How do you decide what deserves a penalty (fine/summons) and what doesn't?

How do you decide how much verbal and physical aggression to accept before you... assert your control of the situation? How does your faith influence that decision?

Self care: how do you keep a good attitude about work and people?

Re: Any Christian Law Enforcement Officers here?

Originally posted by MoveMountains View Post
    Hi! I'm wondering how Christian law enforcement officers live out their faith on the job, and what they've learned. I'd love to hear examples or stories.
    I'm retired now, but when I was working, I would share the gospel with criminals.

Some specific questions in my mind:
    What has God taught you through the job and the people (public, agency, inter-agency) you work with?
    God taught me that I'm a former criminal.

You have a lot of contact with elements of society that don't respect rules or other people: how do you try to get through to them? What's worked and what hasn't?
    Listening to others points of view and finding something similar from my own past to share with them helped a lot. Imagining that I could never find myself in their position never helped.

How do you decide what deserves a penalty (fine/summons) and what doesn't?
    in cases where the decision was mine, the persons attitude toward the law was the determining factor.

How do you decide how much verbal and physical aggression to accept before you... assert your control of the situation? How does your faith influence that decision?
    Verbal aggression , quite a bit. Physical aggression , none of object of aggression was another person.

Self care: how do you keep a good attitude about work and people?
    By knowing that God desires the best for people and being thankful he made me a servant of that.

Comment

Working...
    X