Corrie Ten Boom on forgiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrie Ten Boom on forgiveness

She recounts the grace that enabled her to forgive one of the men that tortured her in a concentration camp. It is well worth the 5 minutes for you to watch it!

Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Re: Corrie Ten Boom on forgiveness

Thank you for sharing Brother Mark.
    An awesome testimony from that beautiful soul !
    And also a very timely testimony for our current generation to digest.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
    Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

I've seen it and seen it again.

Christians should watch this - more than once. This same man killed her sister if I am not mistaken.
      sigpic
      ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob's Ladder View Post
        Thank you for sharing Brother Mark.
        An awesome testimony from that beautiful soul !
        And also a very timely testimony for our current generation to digest.
        Originally posted by jayne View Post
        I've seen it and seen it again.

Christians should watch this - more than once. This same man killed her sister if I am not mistaken.
        She is one of my heroes in the faith. I look her up every now and then just to be convicted, encouraged, moved, and blessed.

I am not sure if this guard was the one who killed her, but she definitely held her sisters death against this man till the Lord enabled her to forgive him. All of it occurred rather quickly as she worked through it.

It was left out of this video, about the naked part. But when Corrie shared her vision with Betsy, Betsy replied "Oh Corrie, and I've never thanked Him for it!" What a testimony of God's love and patient suffering this family was and is!
        Matt 9:13
        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
        NASU

Comment

Forgiveness is the sweetest action in the soul of the believer. There was a day in my life when a man oppressed me with much hatred. I set apart and brought the person before God and discussed the matter with the Lord how unhappy I am about this person's actions. As I pray, I see in a vision where I am nailed to the cross. In front of me, the man stands with a spear in his hand and puts the spear in my side. At that moment I cried out and said: Lord forgive him because he does not know what he is doing. The vision was gone and I was delivered of bitterness and filled with the love of God. That guy and I became friends.
          To God be the Glory

Comment

I learned much from Corrie.

Comment

Working...
            X