Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gifts of the Holy Spirit/miracles/prophets/demon possession, & how to get out of hell

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gifts of the Holy Spirit/miracles/prophets/demon possession, & how to get out of hell

Some of the things which I propose still occur today:

-asking God for the Holy Spirit, getting gifts of the HS (Luke 11:13 "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!")
    -dreams, visions, prophets (seers), knowing the future, miracles today

-Joel 2
    “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit."

-demon possessions -- what are its manifestations today?

Luke 13 -- note the similarities between the woman and a person with Parkinson's disease

And behold, there was a woman who had had a disabling spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not fully straighten herself. When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said to her, “Woman, you are freed from your disability.” And he laid his hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God.

The gospels refer to demon possession as the same thing as demon oppression:

Mark 1:32-34

That evening at sundown they brought to him all who were sick or oppressed by demons. And the whole city was gathered together at the door. And he healed many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons. And he would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him.

Mark 3:22

And the scribes who came down from Jerusalem were saying, “He is possessed by Beelzebul,” and “by the prince of demons he casts out the demons.”

Evil spirits, unclean spirits, and demons are all the same things. Disabling spirits again are a type of evil spirit. They're all demons. Some demons are more evil than others:

Matthew 12

When the unclean spirit has gone out of a person, it passes through waterless places seeking rest, but finds none. Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order. Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and dwell there, and ithe last state of that person is worse than the first. So also will it be with this evil generation.”

Demons are spiritual parasites that feed off of people or animals (remember that Jesus cast out demons which were inside Legion, into the pigs).

Mark 16

And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

-speaking in tongues, whatever that means, interpretations of tongues

1 Corinthians 14

The one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.

It may fit the context for "the perfect" in 1 Corinthians 13 (Paul is talking about love) to refer to heaven rather than the 66 books of the biblical canon.

Idolatry implies demon worship:

1 Cor 10:20

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons.

-Prophecy:

1 Cor 12

To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.

Acts 11

Now in these days prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch. And one of them named Agabus stood up and foretold by the Spirit that there would be a great famine over all the world (this took place in the days of Claudius).

Jesus Christ the Son of God's words in John 16:13:

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

-gifts of healing
    -detection of life without physically seeing it; the Holy Spirit, amongst other things, can act as a force that senses both physical and spiritual objects and entities in space and spiritual space; one can reach out with the Holy Spirit and feel other things around him or her

Separately and hypothetically: Consider what happens when a person who is condemned to hell for eternity, and in hell, is calling upon God while in hell, supposing that God can even save him from eternal death while he is in hell. What happens?
    -Soul exchange, reaching the outer limits of hell, making a jump to heaven, and more?
    -Ephesians 5:31-32 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.

Jesus having sex with the church: What kind of babies are born? Part-angel, part human offspring? Perhaps even part-God, part human offspring? Are they put on other planets somewhere in a certain space and the process repeats? I don't know.

Btw I'm not a gnostic.

Other thoughts:

666 in Revelation 13 referring to around the time of Mohammed? He lived in the late 500s AD and so certain calculations could lead you to 666 (or 616). 666 might refer to Mohammed and the rise of Islam.

I propose that it should be encouraged for Christians all over the world to ask God for the Holy Spirit more. This can certain help open up much of their potential for gifts of the Holy Spirit they have. The Spirit manifests itself in different ways to different people. To one person the Spirit gives one gift, to another He gives another kind of gift. (1 Cor 12)
    The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.
    Prov 15:3

Re: gifts of the Holy Spirit/miracles/prophets/demon possession, & how to get out of

I believe in the Gifts of the Spirit. I do *not* believe that all illnesses convey the sense of "demon possession." I do, however, believe that many illnesses are caused by demons, and that even so, sometimes it is the will of God. Whether it is against King Saul for his disobedience or for the Apostle Paul for his pride, God uses demons to humble us. Demons take advantage of our weaknesses and sins.

We should live in the supernatural if we claim to have a continuous relationship with God. I do think we should cultivate our relationship with God, by devoting time to Him in a variety of ways, and by excising from our lives activities that cause our spiritual interests to deteriorate. I'm not interested in fanaticism, nor in legalism. But a normal relationship with God will make the interests of the Kingdom of God paramount, even as we pursue things like recreation and enjoyment in life.

If we pursue a deeper relationship with God, spiritually, I think we can expect spiritual phenomena. But I don't think we should set out to have certain gifts. Paul simply said to focus more on the higher gifts, such as prophecy, which edifies more people. Our interest, rather, should be in having the ability to be a more effective witness to Christ in the world.

For example, Solomon prayed for wisdom, not to be the smartest guy in the world, but rather, to effectively lead his nation in an organized, moral way. Similarly, we should pray for spiritual gifts to convey the close personal presence of God so that unbelievers can come to know and follow Him.

Good subject! This is just a very brief treatment of the subject on my part.

Comment

Re: gifts of the Holy Spirit/miracles/prophets/demon possession, & how to get out of

Originally posted by randyk View Post
      I believe in the Gifts of the Spirit. I do *not* believe that all illnesses convey the sense of "demon possession." I do, however, believe that many illnesses are caused by demons, and that even so, sometimes it is the will of God. Whether it is against King Saul for his disobedience or for the Apostle Paul for his pride, God uses demons to humble us. Demons take advantage of our weaknesses and sins.

We should live in the supernatural if we claim to have a continuous relationship with God. I do think we should cultivate our relationship with God, by devoting time to Him in a variety of ways, and by excising from our lives activities that cause our spiritual interests to deteriorate. I'm not interested in fanaticism, nor in legalism. But a normal relationship with God will make the interests of the Kingdom of God paramount, even as we pursue things like recreation and enjoyment in life.

If we pursue a deeper relationship with God, spiritually, I think we can expect spiritual phenomena. But I don't think we should set out to have certain gifts. Paul simply said to focus more on the higher gifts, such as prophecy, which edifies more people. Our interest, rather, should be in having the ability to be a more effective witness to Christ in the world.

For example, Solomon prayed for wisdom, not to be the smartest guy in the world, but rather, to effectively lead his nation in an organized, moral way. Similarly, we should pray for spiritual gifts to convey the close personal presence of God so that unbelievers can come to know and follow Him.

Good subject! This is just a very brief treatment of the subject on my part.
      Hooah!

For a comment, thus why one of the giftd is "discernment of spirits". Quite effective when determining when a malady is sourced to a physical or spiritual cause.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua1 View Post
        -gifts of healing
        -detection of life without physically seeing it; the Holy Spirit, amongst other things, can act as a force that senses both physical and spiritual objects and entities in space and spiritual space; one can reach out with the Holy Spirit and feel other things around him or her

Separately and hypothetically: Consider what happens when a person who is condemned to hell for eternity, and in hell, is calling upon God while in hell, supposing that God can even save him from eternal death while he is in hell. What happens?
        -Soul exchange, reaching the outer limits of hell, making a jump to heaven, and more?
        -Ephesians 5:31-32 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church.

Jesus having sex with the church: What kind of babies are born? Part-angel, part human offspring? Perhaps even part-God, part human offspring? Are they put on other planets somewhere in a certain space and the process repeats? I don't know.

Btw I'm not a gnostic.

Other thoughts:

666 in Revelation 13 referring to around the time of Mohammed? He lived in the late 500s AD and so certain calculations could lead you to 666 (or 616). 666 might refer to Mohammed and the rise of Islam.
        Umm, is this part of your post, you or some cut/paste from another site?

If this is all you, have you had "any" church leadership disciple you concerning this topic that you raise?
        Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
          Umm, is this part of your post, you or some cut/paste from another site?

If this is all you, have you had "any" church leadership disciple you concerning this topic that you raise?
          It's part of my post. Not everything that the so-called leaders of the church say is true. We must turn to God for the ultimate answers...

When I say the so-called leaders of the church, I mean present-day preachers, elders, etc, not God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the apostles, and those we know who have authority as we see it in the Bible.
          The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua1 View Post
            It's part of my post. Not everything that the so-called leaders of the church say is true. We must turn to God for the ultimate answers...

When I say the so-called leaders of the church, I mean present-day preachers, elders, etc, not God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the apostles, and those we know who have authority as we see it in the Bible.
            Just want to clarify then:

Did the church leaders teach this to you and you are requesting help in refuting this based on the "I don't know" conclusion?
            Slug1--out

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
              Just want to clarify then:

Did the church leaders teach this to you and you are requesting help in refuting this based on the "I don't know" conclusion?

I'm not necessarily refuting this at all. What I'm saying is we should look to what God tells us in the Scripture instead of trusting in the "church leaders" just because "they said so." God tells us in the Bible to "ask, and it will be given to you", "seek, and you will find", and to ask God for the Holy Spirit, and for wisdom, and to grow in faith and good works. Paul talks about Christ and the church right there in Ephesians 5. When we stand up for the truth we'll have even "church leaders" tell us that we're wrong.

Look, I'm not a gnostic, but the gnostics attempted to pervert what Paul wrote about and talked about because some of it sounded closer to what they taught. We need to fully accept what God teaches us instead of limiting ourselves to what we feel comfortable with.

Comment

MOD NOTE: The link from which these "teachings" come from is very disturbing. This thread is closed until a full mod review. Do NOT post this link again until a decision is reached.

jayne
                sigpic
                ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Working...
                X