X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT Poetry Forum Rules, please read.

The Poetry forum is for your edification, education and enjoyment. Please be sure that all poems are your own work. Be sure to include a copyright notice with your poetry even if you have not actually copyrighted the material. This will help you protect your work if it is plagiarized.

The poetry does not have to be religious in nature. Poems that edify are great, but humorous poems are welcome too. Comments are encouraged.

If you are posting a new poem, be sure you post it as a New Thread.

All negative posts and anything not decent will be deleted.

We have added some rules to posting links:

--If you post a link to another site, be it a video, article... whatever: Give a description of what it is that they will see. Just posting a link with a message such as "hey, check this out." will result in your post or thread being deleted.

--No links soliciting to members other Christian message boards in posts, signatures, profiles or PM's, rep system, etc.

--No linking to sites promoting the sales of products

This forum is for Poetry, but your short story can go to Articles where it will be considered for publication if you are the one who wrote the story. Go here for more information:
    http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...le-Please-read

If its not your original work, then you could post it here with a link to where it came from, unless it is under a copyright notice. (I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them in Chat to Moderators.)
    Last edited by Amos_with_goats; Apr 9th 2015, 07:48 AM.
    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Re: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING -updated Feb. 5, 2011

Oops. Does it matter if I am not concerned about plagiarism? If someone would like to take credit for my shoddy attempts they may feel free.
    Psalm 19:14
    Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_no_one View Post
      Oops. Does it matter if I am not concerned about plagiarism? If someone would like to take credit for my shoddy attempts they may feel free.
      I have to say I feel the same. Many of the things I write I do not put to my copywrite site. It is nice to just give a piece of ourselves so it can be distributed freely.

Comment

Can I post a short story here? (About 620 words.)
        "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
        C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
        "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
        "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
        "Our Hope is unchanged"
        "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Comment

Originally posted by thomasmind View Post
          I have to say I feel the same. Many of the things I write I do not put to my copywrite site. It is nice to just give a piece of ourselves so it can be distributed freely.
          I give people permission to use my work, as it may bless others... well, most of it any way. Just don't take credit for it, give credit to Jesus if you want.

Originally posted by thomasmind View Post
          I give people permission to use my work, as it may bless others... well, most of it any way. Just don't take credit for it, give credit to Jesus if you want.
          Understanding the bible is simple...

First know God; then you will know His Word.

Comment

Everything I post is my own work. I read the posts about some of the folks not putting the copyright and why, and felt the same way.

If something has the copyright symbol on it , it's because I copied from the book pages and it just has the copyright on it.

I have a line of greeting cards, original verse also, that I sold in my store. I know that someone from PA. bought some of mine to use to copy and put in his store, knowing I'd never know. I found out from someone who overheard them talking.

I used to really worry about someone stealing my 'babies', but I finally found a place for that worry. It took God to help me understand: I am not taking the volums of stuff I have written with me and once I get to Heaven I would not care anyway!

I have no idea what my (human) children will do with all this. Possibly the only way anyone will have to read what have written/will write, is by posting them in a forum somewhere. I enjoy sharing them here, not because of ego, but because of the same reason I so enjoy the work of others. The simple enjoyment of reading what someone else thought and how they 'put it on paper'.

I don't think anything I have posted is offensive. ( I don't know that I have ever written anything that is) however, opinions vary and differ. If something I posted gets removed, then I will know about differing opinions.

God bless,
            Dani
            If someone's name comes to mind ~ pray; you may be the only person who EVER prays for them...

Comment

Working...
            X