Praising God for His faithfulness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praising God for His faithfulness

Hello,all! As most of you know, my wife and I have been going through a bit of a tough time lately due to her most recent bipolar manic episode back in the middle of November. The reason I'm starting a thread here is because God has been so incredibly faithful to provide our needs, even in the midst of our mess, and I wanted to share a little bit of what's been going on.

For starters, I'm thankful that my wife had the wherewithal to call 911 when she did, and didn't do anything to harm herself or anyone else. Also, I'm thankful we were able to get her into Pine Rest and get her the help she so desperately needs to heal from what is causing this problem in the first place. As she continues to see the counselor over the next three Monday mornings, I'm sure they will delve into exactly why she does what she does, and the Lord will use that to heal her in amazingly awesome ways. I'm also thankful for both her biological family, especially her parents and oldest sister, as well as our church family, all of whom have been incredibly helpful and supportive during this stressful and trying time.

Also, I want to thank and praise the Lord for abundant provision when it comes to food. A couple of weeks or so ago, my wife was hanging out with some friends from our old church in Grand Rapids, and when she went to their house, they loaded her up with five big reusable grocery bags stuffed to the gills with pantry items. Then, we met yesterday with a lady from a ministry in our area called Love in the Name of Christ, or Love INC for short, which is dedicated to helping those in our community who are in need, and she referred us to their food pantry, which loaded us up with a bunch more stuff. So, we are set for groceries for a while. Also, my wife is going to be meeting with a different lady at Love INC next Monday morning after her counseling session who is going to set us up with a budget counseling program. This is something we desperately need, because we need to get on top of our bills as part of being good stewards of our finances. We had met with the same gal a couple of years ago or so, but never followed through because we thought we were doing better than we were. So, I am thankful God has brought us to the place where we recognize how important budgeting truly is.

That's about it for now. God bless, and have a great day in the Lord.

Yours in Him,

Benjamin
    "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; for the man of peace will have a posterity." Psalms 37:37, NASB

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9, NASB

"The only people who do not see Christ and his teachings as nonviolent are Christians."
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Fighting to preserve peace is like [expletive deleted] to preserve virginity." Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School

Re: Praising God for His faithfulness

Benjamin I am praising the Lord with you. I am so glad your wife made that call and also that people have embraced her helping her to bring the Lord's provision into your home. I imagine that made her feel helpful to you and that may be something she needs..sometimes people who fall on hard time and have issues feel as if they aren't helpful and have little worth. I am also glad you will both be getting help with the bills and well...I suspect this is going to end up even better than you both expect.....Exceedingly and abundantly words that come to mind when I read your post. I feel good things in store for both of you

Comment

Thanks, Ashley. I appreciate your encouragement. I will believe right alongside you that God is going to bring amazing things out of this situation. God bless, and have a great night in the Lord!

Yours in Him,

Benjamin
      "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; for the man of peace will have a posterity." Psalms 37:37, NASB

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9, NASB

"The only people who do not see Christ and his teachings as nonviolent are Christians."
      Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Fighting to preserve peace is like [expletive deleted] to preserve virginity." Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School

Comment

I have another praise to add. I just found out yesterday that the married couple from our church that works on cars is willing to fix the problem with ours for $275, which is half of what it would cost elsewhere. Thank You, Jesus! We just have to come up with the money. So, please be praying that God provides in miraculous and amazing ways. God bless, and have a great night in the Lord!

Yours in Him,

Benjamin

Mohandas K. Gandhi

Comment

Praise God!! He is faithful! Thanks for the encouraging testemony of God's greatness brother!
          prayer of many more blessings for you and your wife!
          your sister in Christ,
          katy

Comment

Praise God! Thank you for sharing! This will encourage many others!
            Psalm 19:14
            Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
            sigpic

Comment

I have another praise to add here. My wife's short-term disability came through today, as well as my paycheck, so the check for this month's rent that we dropped off on Tuesday will not bounce because there will be enough money in our bank account to pay for it. Plus, as I mentioned in the prayer forum, our church called yesterday, and they are helping us by paying our rent for January, as well as getting us caught up with our electric and heat bills! The pastor who called us about it did rebuke me a bit on the phone, since writing a check when you don't have the money to cover it is deceitful. I totally see where he is coming from, but I felt like I didn't have much of a choice, since the management at our apartment complex was threatening to start legal proceedings if we didn't drop a rent check at their office by midnight on Tuesday. Also, since we don't have to pay rent until February 1, we have some extra money to help pay for the repairs that are needed on our car. Another good thing that is going on is that my wife went back to work today, so please be praying she is able to handle it, and that the transition is smooth.

That's about it for now. God bless, and have a great day in the Lord!

Yours in Him,

Benjamin

Mohandas K. Gandhi

Comment

Praise God! Thank you for the update!
                Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
                sigpic

Comment

Praying for your wife.

Comment

More great news from our Lord.. Praise our Lord Jesus.. Thank you Jesus for all you do for us..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
                    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
                    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
                    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
                    Daughter & Family
                    Vickie & Ashley
                    For ALL suffering with ALS
                    Moonglow and Nate
                    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
                    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
                    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
                    Gary &Cleaveland
                    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
                    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

The blessings just keep on flowing! Yesterday, in the process of doing some chores around the apartment, I opened up our front door to temporarily place some garbage out there, and there were two envelopes on the ground in front of our door. They were both from the management at our apartment complex, and while one was about our overdue gas bill, which our church is graciously paying for, the other was a note to let us know that someone had anonymously gifted $95 to our apartment complex to be put towards our January rent. But, since our church actually already paid our January rent, the $95 will actually go towards our February rent. So, when we go to pay our rent on February 1st, we will only owe $390, instead of $485. Praise the Lord! God is so good to us, even when we don't deserve it. Thank You, Jesus, that You love us so very much. I just had to share this with you guys. God bless, and have a great day in the Lord.

Yours in Him,

Benjamin

Mohandas K. Gandhi

Comment

Great news!!!! Praise God!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X