Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanking Him for keeping me safe today

2:00 P.M.
    On my way home from an appointment I stopped at the store, and the handle inside my door broke off.

I was thinking about this happening and how to fix it as I got back on the road. I saw a semi-in the distance behind me.

It is a 50 MPH zone, but people fly down this road sometimes up to 65.
    My turn is about 3 miles ahead from where I pulled out.
    I always put my turn signals on well in advance, as I need to turn left at the bottom of a hill..so those behind me have opportunity to slow down going down the hill it is easy to pick up speed.

I stopped as I was waiting for the clearance from traffic to turn left when I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw the driver of the semi with his hands gripping the steering wheel...noticed the trailer fishtailing as he had slammed on the breaks smoke coming up from burning rubber--trying to keep control of the rig. He had not slowed down when I signaled.

I gunned it and turned right, before he hit me.

Praise God-- I looked in my rear view and had a way out.

Here to tell the tale another day.
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Re: Thanking Him for keeping me safe today

Praise
    The
    Lord!
    Watchinginawe

I Samuel 3:10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.

Comment

You know, I also need to thank God for the person behind me. Perhaps he prayed and I looked up. And so both of us were saved from something bad---
      Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

Praise the Lord!

Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Thank God you are safe

Comment

............... Praise the Lord!
            sigpic
            ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Praise God for His protection over you. ........................................
              Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
              And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
              Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
              and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
              1 Tim 6:10

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
                2:00 P.M.
                On my way home from an appointment I stopped at the store, and the handle inside my door broke off.

I was thinking about this happening and how to fix it as I got back on the road. I saw a semi-in the distance behind me.

It is a 50 MPH zone, but people fly down this road sometimes up to 65.
                My turn is about 3 miles ahead from where I pulled out.
                I always put my turn signals on well in advance, as I need to turn left at the bottom of a hill..so those behind me have opportunity to slow down going down the hill it is easy to pick up speed.

I stopped as I was waiting for the clearance from traffic to turn left when I looked in my rear view mirror, I saw the driver of the semi with his hands gripping the steering wheel...noticed the trailer fishtailing as he had slammed on the breaks smoke coming up from burning rubber--trying to keep control of the rig. He had not slowed down when I signaled.

I gunned it and turned right, before he hit me.

Praise God-- I looked in my rear view and had a way out.

Here to tell the tale another day.
                praise God for giving you wisdom in that moment!
                Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Wow! Praise God!

Comment

Working...
                  X