This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for Zimbabwe

In our neigbouring African country the ruling Zanu-PF party has lost it majority in parlement. Please pray for peace.

Mugabe to go down fighting - experts

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe is likely to resist pressure to make a graceful exit and go down fighting in an election runoff with opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai, analysts said on Wednesday.

"Mugabe is a high stakes political gambler, and I think he is going to go for it with everything he can marshall.

A senior Western diplomat, who asked not to be named, said: "He is not the type that quietly walks away into the sunset.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...298821,00.html

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Praying that God`s hand is upon the country, and upon the people in it.
    Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
      In our neigbouring African country the ruling Zanu-PF party has lost it majority in parlement. Please pray for peace.

Mugabe to go down fighting - experts

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe is likely to resist pressure to make a graceful exit and go down fighting in an election runoff with opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai, analysts said on Wednesday.

"Mugabe is a high stakes political gambler, and I think he is going to go for it with everything he can marshall.

A senior Western diplomat, who asked not to be named, said: "He is not the type that quietly walks away into the sunset.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...298821,00.html

Mugabe is like Goliath. fine. But we serve a God who created Mugabe. A God who created the blacksmith who makes the weapons. Never limit the power of God.
      I am from Kenya, studying abroad and i was terriefied by the news of what was happening in Kenya. I fasted. i said 'i come against the spirit of war and pestilence in my country in the name of the Jesus, the Lord God of Israel". and i ask the Holy Spirit to come and dwell in the hearts of the leaders and people of my country. you can see the result!! this is the attitude God honors and it comes by practice. trust His faithfulness. trust His power. I pray the same prayer for Zimbabwe. there shall be peace in the name of Yeshua.

Comment

Originally posted by jsph110 View Post
        .... trust His faithfulness. trust His power. I pray the same prayer for Zimbabwe. there shall be peace in the name of Yeshua.
        Thanks for your prayer.

Comment

Trusting the Lord to use this situation for His Glory.

Comment

Fear returns to Harare as Mugabe thugs vow to fight ‘white invasion’

Robert Mugabe unleashed his most feared thugs on the streets of the Zimbabwean capital yesterday in a very public show of force as his party’s leadership united in a last-ditch bid for him to stay in power.
            At its first meeting since the party’s shock defeat at polls held last weekend, the Zanu (PF) politburo endorsed Mr Mugabe’s bid for a second-round run-off against his opposition challenger, Morgan Tsvangirai.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3685256.ece

Comment

Zanu-PF 'preparing for war'

Harare - Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai said on Saturday that he was the clear winner over Robert Mugabe in the first round of a presidential election and there was no need for a run-off.

Zanu-PF is preparing a war against the people of Zimbabwe such as we witnessed in 2000," he told reporters, in reference to violence which followed Mugabe's defeat in a referendum on presidential powers eight years ago.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...300581,00.html

Comment

Police stop MDC lodging appeal

Harare - Armed police on Saturday prevented Zimbabwe opposition lawyers from entering the high court to apply for an order forcing the release of presidential election results.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...300534,00.html

Comment

Opposition braced for dirty war as Mugabe clings on to power

The beleaguered president has been accused of mobilising militias to settle Zimbabwe’s election the hard way

ZIMBABWE was bracing itself yesterday for the possibility that President Robert Mugabe, forced into an expected election runoff against his opposition challenger Morgan Tsvangirai, could mobilise an army of thugs to beat, intimidate and terrify voters, while taking emergency powers to vary the electoral regulations so as to make ballot-stuffing easier.
                  Both Britain and the United States are exercising strong diplomatic pressure on Mugabe not to follow this route. But some diplomatic observers believe that it may be the ageing despot’s only way of keeping his vow to die in State House.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3689991.ece

Comment

New farm invasions in Zim

Harare - White farmers in Zimbabwe say they are being besieged by a new wave of farm invasions by militants loyal to President Robert Mugabe's ruling party.
                    Three cattle ranchers say they were forced off their land on Saturday and a fourth is holding out with about 50 militants threatening to break down his farm gates. The land grabs, revealed on Sunday, come as Mugabe and his party confront massive elections losses and may be plotting to recoup by marshalling militias and security forces to intimidate voters in a run-off presidential vote.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...300969,00.html

Comment

Zimbabwe's war veterans set their sights on white farms

Militant supporters of Robert Mugabe descended on some of Zimbabwe’s last white-owned farms yesterday in an orchestrated campaign of intimidation designed to keep him in power.
                      The invasions, which sparked memories of the farm seizures that ultimately brought the economy to its knees, got under way as the ruling party and the Opposition both launched legal battles over the release of election results.
                      Lawyers for the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) appeared in court to press for the immediate release of presidential poll results, more than a week after the election. Mr Mugabe’s ruling Zanu (PF), meanwhile, hit back with a demand that results be withheld and a recount taken.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3694930.ece

Comment

Please pray with me that Mugabe will accept the results and that peace will reign in Zimbabwe.

Zuma meets MDC leader

Harare - Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai met ANC president Jacob Zuma on Monday after appealing for help from outside powers to end the 28-year rule of President Robert Mugabe. A spokesperson for the ruling African National Congress said Tsvangirai had met Zuma in Johannesburg, but gave no details.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...301810,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by Roelof View Post
                          Please pray with me that Mugabe will accept the results and that peace will reign in Zimbabwe.

Zuma meets MDC leader

Harare - Zimbabwe opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai met ANC president Jacob Zuma on Monday after appealing for help from outside powers to end the 28-year rule of President Robert Mugabe. A spokesperson for the ruling African National Congress said Tsvangirai had met Zuma in Johannesburg, but gave no details.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/...301810,00.html
                          please don't be like the Israelites who forgot what the Lord had done for them, parting the redsea and killing all Egyptians who were after them. they forgot about that and they were all scared of fighting the hittites and those other tribes in the promised land. this really angered God. its a test. even if there was a war there, God is still faithful to those who obey His commandments.
                          but i won't blame you, i was also scared when the same situation was happening in Kenya and could not see how God could stop it. i did not think He was powerful enough!!

Everytime you start worrying, praise the Lord reading psalms and most importantly FAST. ask God to help you not limit Him. read 2chronicles 20 everyday. do what it says. it literally means what it says. do not limit Jehova. He made the whole world.

I agree with you as touching this peace issue in Zimbabwe. As Per Jesus' promise, we proclaim peace in that country and the presence of the Holy Ghost; may angels encamp about you and your loved ones in Jesus' name. you are covered with the blood of Jesus.

Comment

Continuing to pray for Zembabwe and its people. May God`s Will be done there.
                            Romans 15:30 KJV 30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

Comment

Please continue to pray for peace:

Zimbabwe faces starvation as mobs rampage through farms

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3671353.ece

Comment

Working...
                              X