Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have ears too sensitive for church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have ears too sensitive for church?

There is something wrong with my hearing, I am mostly deaf in one ear but my other ear hears normal but cannot stand loud noise. I get this static like grinding in my good ear whenever the church starts singing and especially when the instruments are playing.

My wife and I just moved to Sevierville Tn and she really likes going to the 1st Baptist church here. I like it too a lot, the preacher does a good job of preaching straight from the bible and holds nothing back. I end up having to cover my ear or stepping outside every time which just makes things difficult.

I do not want to tear her away from a good church just to go looking for something that likely does not exist. I pray God will provide a solution without having to settle for a church that neither of us like to attend just because it is silent there.

I don't like the loud music either because it hurts my ears. You can try ear plugs. That's what I try to do if I attend a church where the music is amplified. I also try to pick seats that are away from the speakers and/or to the side of them.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Ri Chasu View Post
      There is something wrong with my hearing, I am mostly deaf in one ear but my other ear hears normal but cannot stand loud noise. I get this static like grinding in my good ear whenever the church starts singing and especially when the instruments are playing.

My wife and I just moved to Sevierville Tn and she really likes going to the 1st Baptist church here. I like it too a lot, the preacher does a good job of preaching straight from the bible and holds nothing back. I end up having to cover my ear or stepping outside every time which just makes things difficult.

I do not want to tear her away from a good church just to go looking for something that likely does not exist. I pray God will provide a solution without having to settle for a church that neither of us like to attend just because it is silent there.
      Have you had your ears checked out by a doctor ? It could be ear wax in the good ear causing the problem . It has happened to me . And Brother Mark has good ideas too .

Comment

Originally posted by hawkman View Post

Have you had your ears checked out by a doctor ?
        This is a great idea too. I have tinnitus due to hearing loss and believe it or not, that makes ears more sensative to loud music.
        Matt 9:13
        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
        NASU

Comment

Hearing aids not only amplify sound but regulate it. May check with your doc about that. Or possible just get some foam plugs. Being in an artillery battery for years taught me that even earplugs can be regulated as well.

Comment

If it is ear wax, that can usually be removed with over the counter hydrogen peroxide soaking in the ear canal for about 5 minutes, though usually ear wax causes sound to seem decreased rather than increased. I pray that you will be led to the solution for your problem.
            Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Comment

Working...
            X