This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post

We are a month in. The numbers for this have been consistent in other nations. Why not compare flu numbers for one month at the very beginning of the season with what we see with COVID-19 now, a month in (and really, we aren't a month in).

Here's another way of looking at it: 687 deaths, only 370 recovered. Oh, and we are at 53,609 cases now. So almost another 6000 have been added since I posted at about 8 hours ago. Of course, we are way behind on testing, so we don't know what is really going on yet. We don't know what we don't know.

Let's see how it goes. What we do know, is that if we do nothing, there will be millions infected based on the data. If it goes like it has at other places, in another month, maybe sooner, we will see the inflection point and the number of new cases will start going down. Things will slowly improve from there. In another two months, we will begin the recovery process. But that is just my opinion.

I do think we will be fine. But not without taking some measures to slow the growth, and we are taking measures.

Here's a link for numbers if you wish to look at them.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

God bless
    I heard the numbers at the press conference at the White House. They are very clear. Less than 100 deaths in a population of 300 millions. Big whup.

Again, the theoretical approach. "IF we do nothing...." Then there is the actual, present data. If it is so terrible, why isn't the country being shut down for 80,000 cases or more of the flu each year? Do you know how many people die in auto accidents each year? About 1.2 million! So why don't they ban autos?

"Not without taking some measures...." But there is really no clear data to show that all those masks etc. demonstrate that the Corona Virus isn't just another, usual, winter, mild virus.

I am sitting back watching in amazement at how people are letting their freedoms be taken away, sometimes losing their jobs, and experiencing food shortages based on almost nothing.

To me it is scary. Not the virus, but the acceptance of it.

I have nothing more to say about this. To me the math is simple and obvious. If others don't see that, I can't make them. May the Lord lead. Bye!
    Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Comment

Well, I will say one more thing. Quit watching t.v. and that certainly includes the mainstream media. It is a huge propaganda tool. Wattching it puts people into a light trance state - the better to sell you their goods their belief systems and their fear mongering, my dears.
      Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Comment

Originally posted by L'Ange View Post

I heard the numbers at the press conference at the White House. They are very clear. Less than 100 deaths in a population of 300 millions. Big whup.
        Those numbers are old. We now have 698 deaths. And we are what, 2 weeks in?

Again, the theoretical approach. "IF we do nothing...." Then there is the actual, present data. If it is so terrible, why isn't the country being shut down for 80,000 cases or more of the flu each year? Do you know how many people die in auto accidents each year? About 1.2 million! So why don't they ban autos?
        The actual data shows the death rate is worse for COVID-19 than the flu. And the numbers show it could spread as easily as the flu. In 10 days, we have gone from less than 3000 known cases in the US to almost 54,000 cases.

"Not without taking some measures...." But there is really no clear data to show that all those masks etc. demonstrate that the Corona Virus isn't just another, usual, winter, mild virus.
        We can see how this impacted other countries and act accordingly.

I am sitting back watching in amazement at how people are letting their freedoms be taken away, sometimes losing their jobs, and experiencing food shortages based on almost nothing.

To me it is scary. Not the virus, but the acceptance of it.
        No one is giving up freedoms. Instead, we are loving our fellow man by making sure we don't give him something that might kill him.

I have nothing more to say about this. To me the math is simple and obvious. If others don't see that, I can't make them. May the Lord lead. Bye!
        The numbers are the numbers. Math is math. We may have reached an inflection point, thanks to social distancing. We will know in another week or so.

Matt 9:13
        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
        NASU

Comment

Originally posted by L'Ange View Post
          Well, I will say one more thing. Quit watching t.v. and that certainly includes the mainstream media. It is a huge propaganda tool. Wattching it puts people into a light trance state - the better to sell you their goods their belief systems their fear mongering, my dears.
          I don't watch TV. I might stream a movie occasionally. But I do enjoy math.

God bless you!
          Matt 9:13
          13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
          NASU

Comment

I am going to close this thread. You are free to discuss this issue in one of the other sub-forums but this one is reserved for prayer.
            Blessings
            Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Working...
            X