X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convicted to ask for prayer

Hi, everyone.

In the last while, God's really convicted me to come to my brothers and sisters in Christ, and ask for prayer and help in an area of my life. I've spoken to people at church, but I wanted to come here, too, since I spend a good bit of my 'online' time here. I've really been battling the sin of pride lately. In a way, I know pride's just the flip side of insecurity -- if we feel insecure, we try to mask it by acting like we're more than we are. I've been guilty of that, and I feel horrible because of it. Would you please pray with me that I allow God to humble me, break me down, chasten me the way I know I should be? I need to fully realize that I don't have all the answers, or even most of the answers. I need to let God really help me develop a servant's heart for Him. The way I am now, wrapped up in 'me' and my world, being a servant is very difficult, if not nearly impossible. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself... maybe I'm spot on. I'm not sure. But I know I need to learn humility and learn how to trust Christ fully with my life, not myself. Especially with the career I'm moving into.... teaching highschool kids... I'm going to need to be reminded DAILY that it's NOT about me, that Christ is the one governing my life -- the one I need to point my students towards, daily. And I'm the one standing in the way of that... so I know I need work. "Head knowledge" has gotten in the way of being broken to the point of relying on Christ fully, and this pride has to be busted wide open, with God's help.

If you'd pray for and with me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Laura aka CoffeeCat
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

I will pray with you my sister......
    Here is where battles are won....

I Corinthians 10:13 (my verse for a while)

Comment

that the Lord humbles you, but does not need to humiliate you . . .

Comment

.... for you.

I have never found anyone, however religious and devout who did not sometimes experience withdrawal of grace, or feel a lessening of devotion. -Thomas a Kempis

If You Need Help, Ask God. If You Don't, Thank God. -Unknown

The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still. -A.W. Tozer

Comment

Cat, praying for you. High school teachers ( and all of us need to have humility of heart and purpose); So praying for that for you and also for grace, wisdom, and strength in this calling.

owl..former (now retired) high school and college teacher.
          "The flowers appear on the earth,
          the time of singing has come,
          and the voice of the turtledove
          is heard in our land
          ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

May the Lord guide you daily.

Hi Cat. I am praying for you, with you and others. The power of GOD is not to be taken lightly. HE, as you know, wants us to be transparent. Sometimes, that's hard to do. So, we have to say to our Father, OK, Lord, I'm casting my cares to you and humbling myself with your help. Thank you, LORD!

God Bless. You teach them kids who is in control.....THE LORD!!!!!
            John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Praying for you Coffecat..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
              Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
              SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
              Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
              Daughter & Family
              Vickie & Ashley
              For ALL suffering with ALS
              Moonglow and Nate
              My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
              Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
              Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
              Gary &Cleaveland
              EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
              Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Praying for you!
                Love In Christ,
                Tanya

Comment

Praying for yoy CC

Comment

This topic shows that your reading is guided by God's Spirit within, rather than man's cleverness. God is actually 'speaking' through his Word, the bible. 'Head knowledge' is good, God's unchanging Wisdom/ Will much better.

You are in my prayers, and your family. But be kind to yourself. God spoke and you responded. That is maturing. Peace, SofTy.
                    1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Working...
                    X