X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need prayer

Hi,

Emotionally and professionally I've been having a hard time recently, as well as being overly-concerned about finances. I fear that my health may be beginning to suffer as a consequence.

I have allowed all these worldly stresses to affect my walk with the Lord and request prayer as I try to get back on track.

Thanks.
    If one member suffers, all suffer together ESV, 1Co 12:26a

Doug my prayers go up for you. Worry and anxiety is a common attack the enemy uses to get us believers down. However, just keep remembering and embracing the word of God which says, 'be anxious for nothing but with prayer and thanksgiving make your petitions known to God and the peace which passes all understanding will fill your heart." (PP)

Also, I heard a teacher once say, there are 365 Scriptures that has God through His servants proclaim 'Fear not.' So everyday take one of your 'Fear Not' Scripture sedatives and it will still your heart amidst financial and other difficulties.

Comment

Read the Word, Always!!!!Stay rooted in the Word

Prayerfully, this will help, Doug:

The first thing we must do to be free from our stress and our worry is to come unto Jesus. Without Him, our life has no real purpose or depth. We simply run from one activity to another, seeking to fill our lives with purpose, peace, and happiness. "All man's efforts are for his mouth, yet his appetite is never satisfied." (Ecc. 6:7).Things haven't changed much since the days of King Solomon. We work ourselves to the bone for the things we desire, only to crave more.
      If we do not know our real purpose in life; our reason for existing, life is very meaningless indeed. Yet, God created each of us with a special purpose in mind. There is something that needs to be done on this earth that can only be done by you. Much of the stress that we carry springs from the fact that we don't know who we are or where we are going. Even Christians who know that ultimately they are going to heaven when they die, are still anxious in this lifetime because they do not really know who they are in Christ and who Christ is in them. No matter who we are, we are bound to have tribulation in this life. It is unavoidable, but having trouble in this life is not the issue anyway. The real issue is how we react to it. That is where stress is born. The trials we face in this world will either break us or make us strong.
      "I will show you who he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them in to practice. He is like a man building a house who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came the torrents struck that house but could not shake it because it was well built." Luke 6:48. Jesus didn't say that once we built our house on the rock that everything would be perfect. No, He said that a flood came in torrents smashing against the house. The key is that the house was built on the rock of Jesus, and the rock of putting His words into practice. Is your house built on Jesus? Did you dig your foundation deep into Him, or was the house hastily erected? Is your salvation based on a prayer you prayed once or is it growing out of a committed relationship to Him? Do you come to Him every day, every hour? Are you putting His words into practice in your life, or do they lie there like dormant seed?
      "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2
      Until you have fully committed yourself to God, until your foundation is dug deep into Him, you will never be able to discern what His perfect will is for your life. When the storms of life come, as they are bound to do, you will only worry and fret and walk around with an ache in your back. Who we are under pressure reveals who we really are. The storms of life wash away the thin veneer that we present to the world and expose what lies in our heart. God, in His mercy, allows the storms to hit us so we will turn to Him and be cleansed of the sin that we were never able to perceive in times of ease. We can either turn to Him and receive a soft heart in the midst of all our trials, or we can turn away and harden our heart. The hard times in life will either make us pliable and merciful, full of faith in God, or angry and brittle, full of doubt and unbelief.
      FEAR OR FAITH?
      "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31). Ultimately, there are only two motivating factors in life: fear or faith. Until we truly know that God is for us, loves us, cares about us personally and hasn't forgotten us, we will base our life's decisions on fear. All fear and worry stems from a lack of faith in God. You may not think you are walking in fear, but if you aren't walking in faith, you are. Stress is a form of fear. Worry is a form of fear. Worldly ambition is rooted in a fear of being overlooked--of being a failure.

God Bless!!!
      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Praying for you Doug.. Please Jesus help relieve Doug from his worries..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
        Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
        SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
        Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
        Daughter & Family
        Vickie & Ashley
        For ALL suffering with ALS
        Moonglow and Nate
        My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
        Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
        Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
        Gary &Cleaveland
        EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
        Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Praying for you

Comment

Praying with you Doug3

Comment

Hi,

Thank you all for you prayers, and thank you those that shared. Today I have experienced a deep inner peace that I haven't had for a long time: the peace of God that passeth all understanding.
              If one member suffers, all suffer together ESV, 1Co 12:26a

Comment

Always find time each day for prayer, to read even a very small part of God's Word, and just find peace and stillness in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Praying for you. Peace, SofTy.
                1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

that you will experience the Peace of the Lord re. all your concerns, knowing He will Guide you in all things . . .

Comment

Doug - Will be lifting you up in my prayers. It has been a long difficult
                    year for my family. Please keep us in your prayers as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X