This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for the family

As it stands, right now in my family I am the only Christian. This is really hard, especially when my parents don't understand my commitment to the Lord. They support me in my decisions, although they dont quite understand them. I have tried to witness to them before, but I find it is the most difficult thing to try to witness to your own family members and friends.

Please pray for me that I will be able to be bold and strong, and to not back down but to approach my family members.

Jenn,
    Don't give up prayer for your family and friends. I do feel better when I remember to pray for others. I believe that God hears intercessory prayer and he listens. Keep the faith.

Comment

Don't give up.. The Lord is very very important to us.. And I pray to Jesus that he helps your family understand..and show his pressence to the rest of your family.. Please Jesus..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
      Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
      SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
      Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
      Daughter & Family
      Vickie & Ashley
      For ALL suffering with ALS
      Moonglow and Nate
      My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
      Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
      Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
      Gary &Cleaveland
      EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
      Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Originally posted by jenn0889 View Post
        As it stands, right now in my family I am the only Christian. This is really hard, especially when my parents don't understand my commitment to the Lord. They support me in my decisions, although they dont quite understand them. I have tried to witness to them before, but I find it is the most difficult thing to try to witness to your own family members and friends.

Please pray for me that I will be able to be bold and strong, and to not back down but to approach my family members.
        keep doing the sowing, someone else will do the watering maybe and another will reap. it is God working all through. My prayer partner here in seminary was a drugdealer, drug abuser, alcoholic, slept around and his family witnessed and prayed for him for 6 years. His father told God he has given up and quit praying altogether after many years. later a youth minister talked to him and he got saved. now he wants to become an evangelist. he told me today that God used to speak to him when he was in the drug industry . he hit bottom and asked himself, 'is this all life has to offer?' God is not a liar.

He asks in Jeremiah "I am the Lord, God of all flesh, is anything too hard for me?"

Comment

that you will be filled, and re-filled, with the Power of the Holy Spirit - and bold in witnessing to the Salvation of the Lord . . .

Comment

praying for jenn's family

Comment

...praying that the Lord will give you boldness and make you His vessel to pour out.

I have never found anyone, however religious and devout who did not sometimes experience withdrawal of grace, or feel a lessening of devotion. -Thomas a Kempis

If You Need Help, Ask God. If You Don't, Thank God. -Unknown

The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still. -A.W. Tozer

Comment

the lord gives me peace

When my younger brother became a pastor he tried to preach to me and I told him I didn't want to know about it, I was to busy having what I thought was a good time. I realise how hard it was for him to ask me especially someone he looked up to and I feel so remorseful the way I gave him the cold shoulder, but through Gods grace and mercy here I am. I pray your family can see Gods love as much as I have. I think for now just live by example and let them see the joy and peace God brings to your life. My friends have asked me how my wife and I can keep so happy even in times of real hardship which gives me the opportunity to plant the seed. THE LORD GIVES ME PEACE and I have faith that things will work out........and it always does

Comment

Aww, I know it is difficult to tell your own family about God...
                  I'll say a prayer for you and your family
                  sigpic

Comment

praying for your enablement/strength to meet this with confidence and wisdom in all you say to them.

peace and blessings,

owl
                    "The flowers appear on the earth,
                    the time of singing has come,
                    and the voice of the turtledove
                    is heard in our land
                    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Working...
                    X