This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Iran

Please pray for our brothers and sisters in Iran.

It has been reported that last Tuesday (September 9th) the Iranian parliament approved a draft bill that allows for the death penalty to be carried out on those convicted of apostasy from the Islamic religion. The bill now goes to a commission for amendment before being voted on again by the parliament

That means Muslims who convert, or have already converted to Christianity, could face the death sentence.

It has been reported that two Christians with Muslim backgrounds were recently charged with apostasy by a court in Iran. There are fears that these brothers in Christ may face the death penalty if the bill becomes law.

Futher information can be found at http://dynamic.csw.org.uk/article.asp?t=press&id=773

Please lets not discuss this here. Let's just pray.
    Last edited by doug3; Sep 13th 2008, 03:04 AM.
    If one member suffers, all suffer together ESV, 1Co 12:26a

Praying.. Please Jesus.. hear our prayers..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
    Daughter & Family
    Vickie & Ashley
    For ALL suffering with ALS
    Moonglow and Nate
    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
    Gary &Cleaveland
    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

ing for our fellow brothers and sisters, in Christ....
      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Comment

Praying for God's protection and a reversal of the law.

Comment

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Praying for our brothers and sisters in Iran. I am confident the Lord will give them the strength they need to go through this powerful yet difficult trial.
            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

God help them and give them strength to face trials. Lifting them up in prayer and asking for protection.
              "The flowers appear on the earth,
              the time of singing has come,
              and the voice of the turtledove
              is heard in our land
              ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

I had not heard about this. Praying that the Lord will give them the peace and strength they need for those suffering persecution.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
                Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Lord, give them the strength to remain strong in YOU. May their deaths, should it come to that, strengthen other people and reveal to them that only through you can you have the strength to face any challenge, climb any mountain. Keep them secure in the faith, that to die is gain and to live in Jesus is to live forever. Lord, I also pray that their sacrifice, may be enough to start a cultural revolution in that country. I pray that YOU harvest that country and that it be your will that Iran will turn from it's own apostasy and towards the TRUTH. I ask for salvation for Iran and that Christianity sweeps across that country like the wildfire that it is.
                  Show the citizens the peace and security that can only be found in you.
                  Amen.

Comment

Amen and amen!

Originally posted by tt1106 View Post
                    Lord, give them the strength to remain strong in YOU. May their deaths, should it come to that, strengthen other people and reveal to them that only through you can you have the strength to face any challenge, climb any mountain. Keep them secure in the faith, that to die is gain and to live in Jesus is to live forever. Lord, I also pray that their sacrifice, may be enough to start a cultural revolution in that country. I pray that YOU harvest that country and that it be your will that Iran will turn from it's own apostasy and towards the TRUTH. I ask for salvation for Iran and that Christianity sweeps across that country like the wildfire that it is.
                    Show the citizens the peace and security that can only be found in you.
                    Amen.
                    I am in complete and total agreement with this prayer from tt1106.

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin
                    "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; for the man of peace will have a posterity." Psalms 37:37, NASB

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9, NASB

"The only people who do not see Christ and his teachings as nonviolent are Christians."
                    Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Fighting to preserve peace is like [expletive deleted] to preserve virginity." Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School

Comment

Thank you all for praying.
                      If one member suffers, all suffer together ESV, 1Co 12:26a

Comment

Working...
                      X