This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Needed Hurting Hearts

Thirteen years ago almost to the day whilst hanging out the washing God said to me "go across the road, you have to go with Penny tomorrow night" This was a Saturday, and I had no idea where on earth Penny would be going on a Sunday night, let alone if Penny was even home, let alone if I was even hearing things or not. However, the force that was propelling me forward couldn't be ignored, so off I ventured, leaving the clothes half hung out and half in the basket, thinking to myself this woman is going to think I'm crazy when I knock at her door saying I just got told this message, uh, don't know what to do about it........ You see we had only just me really a week before this and only just had an intimate conversation the day before. Did you think God was in a hurry?!!

To cut a long story short, Penny was home, and Penny was going to church the next night, so off I went with her, and I began to know the Lord slowly but surely. God gave me several gifts that day, not just the gift of Himself, but also the gift of Penny and her husband Gerry. They became my surrogate mum and dad that I never ever had. They filled my life with the love and support that I never received and to top it all off, as each of my children were born they adopted them as their grandchildren.

Today is heartbreaking for me. Poppa Gerr died last night from cancer. A true example of the father I never had, the love and laughter and so many good times has just slipped by so quickly and my heart is broken into a thousand pieces. Why do all the good ones go home and the ones who well you know ripped you to pieces are still left here? I know I speak from grief, but we all need prayer right now. Nanna Penny needes prayer to get through this difficult time, my kids need prayer they loved him so much it's rocked their world too. Sorry to go on, I'll stop now, thanks for listening, Soulangel
    sigpic
    1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with your power;
    and little things as though they were great, since I do them in your name. Blaise Pascal

I'm really sorry for your loss. You all will be in my prayers.

Comment

Oh I am so sorry. I will be sure to keep you and everyone that loved him in my prayers...

God bless
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Sorry for your loss! Praying for Nanna, the kids and yourself.

Comment

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I will for you all.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Soulangel
            Linda, I'm so sorry about your loss and I will be praying for you and your family.Bless the children in their loss of grandparents.
            I wish I could do more for you,like a real But, all I have is a cyber .God will do the rest.
            Father,I pray and ask your guidance for Linda & her family in this great need of theirs.Give them Peace in their heart Lord and spread your love & strength to help them.God you get all Glory & Praise for being our God and supplying our needs.Father Bless nanna Penny as she bares the loss of poppa Gerr and lift her up to the highest mountain. Let your Love so shine in this dark hour.Thank you Father for what your already doing in their lives.
            Linda,msis in Christ,Darlene......God is the healer of all of us
            luv you girl !!!!
            " May The Peace of God Be With Us"
            Jer:29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you....
            <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
            Knowledge Will Be Increased
            In Christ Jesus, Darlene
            sigpic

Comment

Soulangel,

Can feel the pain in your heart.
              Will keep you and the family in prayer.

God bless.
              "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

{ Psalm 46:10 }

Comment

Sorry for your loss and for Ms. Penny

ing for you and your family, and especially, Ms. Penny....

God Bless
                John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Sorry for your loss..and Please Jesus take care of the family!

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
                  Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
                  SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
                  Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
                  Daughter & Family
                  Vickie & Ashley
                  For ALL suffering with ALS
                  Moonglow and Nate
                  My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
                  Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
                  Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
                  Gary &Cleaveland
                  EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
                  Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story and this heartfelt prayer request. This morning I am praying for you, Nanna Penny, and the family. God, send the Holy Spirit, the comforter, to them, please..in the Name of Jesus.
                    Amen.
                    "The flowers appear on the earth,
                    the time of singing has come,
                    and the voice of the turtledove
                    is heard in our land
                    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Thank you everyone for your love and much appreciated support at this time. We travelled away to the funeral up north Monday just gone and supported the family and our three very distressed children through a very difficult time. It makes your heart break into a trillion pieces when your teenage son is sobbing his heart out and your daughter has tears pouring out of her eyes endlessly. Even tho' they know Poppa is in heaven with Jesus it doesn't take away the pain of loss for them and for me holding it all together for them, to support them, well I praise God for the strength that I could do it at all, I praise him for the words that just seem to come at the right time to comfort them, because I was lost and in pain myself. Praise the Lord for mending their tiny hearts. ~ Linda xoxoxooxo
                      sigpic
                      1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with your power;
                      and little things as though they were great, since I do them in your name. Blaise Pascal

Comment

I will pray the Lord continues to comfort all of you...

God bless
                        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I pray that God will seem closer than ever to you through this difficult time. I pray that He will give His undniable comfort and peace Nana Penny, you, your children and all who loved Poppa Gerr.
                          Jeremiah 29:12
                          "Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

Philippians 4:5-7
                          5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Comment

Linda I am praying for you all... for Penny, you and the kids. I'm so sorry you lost someone so dear. It's hard to be "the rock" that holds up your family, especially when you're hurting, yourself. Please keep leaning on Christ..... rest in Him. I'll be keeping you folks in my prayers.
                            -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                            It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                            So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                            We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                            Warren Barfield

Comment

Working...
                            X