This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several prayer requests

I just thought I'd pass along some prayer requests for some different areas of me and my wife's lives. They are, in no particular order:

Financial/employment: There is a full-time position opening up at my current employer, and since I am next on the seniority list, I am the most likely person they will ask to fill it. It would be greatly beneficial to both me and my wife, since it would mean both more hours (thus more money coming in) and better benefits. It would be third shift, however, so I am unsure if I would be able to handle it. Please be praying that if I am meant to get this position, God would make that abundantly clear, and that I would be able to handle working third shift. On the other hand, if I am not meant to get it, please pray that God makes that very clear, as well, and that He provides just the right job at just the right time. I do have a part-time job as of right now, but it is as a cashier in a supermarket, and I don't believe the Lord wants me to stay in retail the rest of my working life. Also, be praying that my wife and I continue to chip away at our various debts, and that we continue to be good stewards of the finances God has entrusted to us.

Health: As I mentioned in my last post in the Praise section, my wife and I got baptized by immersion back in mid-June. However, Satan tried to hinder it from happening by causing my wife to slip as she was getting into the baptismal and severely sprain her left knee. You see, the baptismal is built into the platform at the front of our church, and as she was stepping into it, her right leg went out from under her due to the slipperiness of the top step and her left knee was severely twisted as a result. She was relatively fine that night, but her knee was in so much pain the next morning, I had to drive her to the emergency room. They took X-rays, and thankfully there was nothing broken. She did have to wear a brace for a while (one of those that bends in the middle so she could bend her knee), and she had to ice her knee and take arthritis pain reliever sporadically to help it heal properly. Well, it is much better, but she still has some pain and stiffness in it, especially when she has been sitting down for quite a while or is first getting up in the morning. It is tough for me to see my wife hobbling around like an old woman with advanced arthritis when she is only in her mid-twenties! Please be praying that the Lord fully heals and restores her knee, and that my wife starts walking again, because that is the best way for her to lose the weight she wants to. Also, please be praying for my MIL's health, as she has been in the hospital three or four times in the past six months or so. The most recent time was about a week or so ago for some severe pain in her side. She was only there for a few days, and is home now, but please be praying for her. The doctor's thought it was some sort of infection in her intestinal tract and treated her with antibiotics, which seemed to work, but it was a little scary at first because they had a surgeon on semi-standby in case the antibiotics didn't work and they had to go in and do exploratory surgery to try to figure out what was causing the pain. She is much better now, praise the Lord, but please keep her in your prayers.

Automotive: As I mentioned in my praise report post, there are some somewhat expensive repairs that need to be done to our car, and relatively soon. Apparently, a small rock bounced up and hit the windshield of our car a few weeks ago while my wife was driving to work, and now there is a good-sized crack working its way up the windshield on the driver's side. More than likely, that means the windshield will have to be replaced, which is not exactly cheap. Also, both back tires have to be replaced, due to a slow leak in one and extremely low tread on the other. This, also, is not exactly inexpensive. Please be praying the Lord provides the necessary funds to allow these repairs to happen, and that He keeps us from having any accidents or any other problems due to the repairs needing to be done.

Creative: I have started writing the introductory chapter of my nonfiction book about how Christians are called to be peacemakers in every arena of their lives, and it is amazing to me how many insights the Lord is bringing to my mind as I write. As a result, I have opened a separate Microsoft Word document just for random thoughts on peacemaking, so that I can jot them down as they come to me. They will eventually make their way into my book, but I'm not letting myself worry too much about where. Please be praying that I will be diligent about working on this, and that the Lord provides just what I need right when I need it. I am especially thinking of research materials, because there is a handful of authors I would like to have access to their writings, but can't do so from the library where I live, even through interlibrary loan. So, I am going to have to set aside a day where I can go to the library of my old Christian college, which is a 45-minute drive away, and borrow several of their books and do some photocopying of magazine articles. Please be praying that if it is the Lord's will, that will be able to happen relatively soon, and that I will recognize and seize the opportunity when it presents itself. Also, please be praying I find just the right publisher/editor/proofreaders/etc. to help bring this book to fruition and to the people who need to read it and be changed for the better by the biblical principles contained therein.

Housing: My wife and I have been living with her eldest sister and BIL for over a year now, and while it has been a great experience, we would very much like to find our own place. We are pretty sure it won't happen this year, but then again, all things are possible with God. We just know that we very much want to start a family, and we don't want to do that until after we are in our own place. That is because, as I think I may have mentioned before, my wife's sister and her husband have been married for over 11 years now, and still have no children. They very much want them, and have been trying for quite a while now, but up to now have been unsuccessful. So, my wife and I are trying to be sensitive to their situation, since the topic of babies and children is a very touchy one for them. However, we don't have much control, if any, over when the Lord decides to bless people with children. I just hope and pray that if my wife and I are blessed with a baby before my wife's sister and BIL, they would be able to be truly happy for us.

Relational: As I mentioned in my praise report post, my wife and I were able to go up north at the beginning of this week and spend some time (a couple of days) with my mom and step-dad. Neither one of them are Christians, but I am encouraged by something that happened while we were up there. You see, my wife and I got up there Sunday afternoon, and called them after we had some lunch at a local restaurant and had a chance to explore the downtown and the marina. They were just about to head out the door for a business meeting, and would call us back as soon as they got back home. It is amazing how God organizes things! If we had called just a few minutes later, they would have been gone. Anyways, after spending the first night there, I was looking through the books on my mom's bookshelf, which is next to the entrance to the kitchen, and I saw a book I recognized. It was "Purpose-Driven Life" by Rick Warren, and it had a couple of different pieces of paper being used as bookmarks, marking different chapters in the book. I told my wife about it that night when we went to bed. Well, the next morning when we got up, the book was no longer on the bookshelf but on an antique chair my mom was sending home with us that used to belong to my great-grandmother on my father's side. As it turns out, when my parents got divorced when I was five years old, my dad made sure that in the divorce agreement there was a stipulation that stated that certain items that were family heirlooms from his side of the family would be passed on to me when I was old enough. Well, my mom has kept her part of that agreement, because she has been doling them out to me over the last few years. Anyways, the point is that my mom didn't want to hang onto the book. She left us a note reminding us not to forget the chair, or the items on it. There was also an alarm clock I had left at my mom's house years before when I had come to visit for the holidays, and a stuffed Christmas elf that holds a pair of pliers with a tooth in it and sings songs and says different phrases when you squeeze his hand (or something similar). At first, my wife and I were like, "Well, we could give it to one of our two nephews," but we very quickly realized neither of them would like it. I don't know what we are going to do with it. Anyways, the point is that we ended up leaving the book behind at my mom's house, and didn't tell her about it. It is in a somewhat inconspicuous place, so she might not find it right away, but she needs it more than we do. Please be praying both she and her husband read it, and are brought to Christ, either directly or indirectly, as a result. Also, please be praying for my relationship with my mom, because it can be difficult at times, especially since there is a part of her that still wants to run my life, however subconscious it may be.

I think that's about it for now. Sorry for getting so long-winded; I tend to do that from time to time when I write. God bless, and please know I do read through and pray for everyone else's prayer requests, even if I don't respond to every single one.

Yours in Christ,

Benjamin
    "Mark the blameless man, and behold the upright; for the man of peace will have a posterity." Psalms 37:37, NASB

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9, NASB

"The only people who do not see Christ and his teachings as nonviolent are Christians."
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Fighting to preserve peace is like [expletive deleted] to preserve virginity." Dr. Stanley Hauerwas, Gilbert T. Rowe Professor of Theological Ethics, Duke University Divinity School

I am praying for you right now. I have been away from these boards for awhile. I am glad to be back. I need prayers about my job and car, also. My company may possibly fold in mid-October. I have come to realize that it may happen, but I believe that God will NOT leave me out there on my own. He knows the bills that I need to pay, and He is all knowing and loving. I just wish I knew what He wants me to do or where to go. Strange sounds coming from my car today. I cannot afford a bill. I am giving it all to Him. And as for you, again, my prayers are lifted. God Bless.

Comment

Praise His Mighty Name Always; He loves us so....

Lifting you both up in prayer...May God touch the areas of need in your lives...Thank you Father for loving us so much...

God Bless
      John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Thank you so much. How can my flesh be so afraid of all of these scary things, yet I KNOW He always helps me? Meaning, I am so full of anxiety. But, I know His character and He has a plan for me? Again, THANK you for praying for both of us.

Comment

Ben you and you wife are in my prayers

Comment

Ben.. You and your wife are in my prayers.. Please Jesus help them with their needs.. Please

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
            Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
            SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
            Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
            Daughter & Family
            Vickie & Ashley
            For ALL suffering with ALS
            Moonglow and Nate
            My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
            Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
            Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
            Gary &Cleaveland
            EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
            Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

It is a privilege to bring your requests before our Lord.
              I am asking Him to go before you regarding this job position. May He open the way for you to get it and be able to move out and get your own place, and fix your car problems.
              Praying also for you wife that she may have a quick healing.
              Praying as you write, and may the words you write be ones that our Father would have you share with other Christians that it might be edifying and bring glory to our God's Name.
              I'll be looking for your post over in the praise forum regarding these requests.
              .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
              .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Working...
              X