Need prayer for my husband!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT Need prayer for my husband!

Please pray for my husband. He woke up this morning with the left side of his face numb. And the left part of his lip is swollen. He has not eaten anything new. So, I don't think it is an allergic reaction. And he is able to move his face and speak clearly, so I don't think it is Bell's Palsy. His face is not distorted. But, his lip is noticably swollen on the left side. He can feel it when I touch the left part of his face. But, he said that it feels a little numb. I thought it might be the way he was laying last night. But, after being up and awake for almost 2 hours this morning, it was still numb. I figured that if it was the way he was sleeping, it would have worn off by that time. I tried to get him to go to the doctor today and skip work. But, he said that he has some important meetings today at work that he has to attend. He went to work anyway. I am so afraid that it could possible be the early signs of a stroke. PLEASE pray for him.

Re: Need prayer for my husband!

Lord, I pray for this husband. Lord, please touch him and keep his numbness from getting worse. I pray he would go to the doctor to see what this is. In Jesus name I pray,

(please urge him to go to the doctor. When I was in my teens one morning I woke up with this same symptom. One side of my bottom lip was swollen like someone hit me. It was a bacterial (or viral - I don't remember) infection.)

Comment

Just a thought - I wonder if there is any bug bite around anywhere to be found on his face, like maybe from a spider.

Whatever - praying that YHWH will lead to a correct diagnosis and whatever medical and/or alternative health help that He knows will lead to complete healing.
      Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Comment

Praying for a speedy healing and return to normal . . .

Comment

Praying for your Husband, am not sure what to make of him symptoms.
          I wish he would go the Dr., maybe he can get a late appt. after work. Please keep us posted.

Comment

I hope he is doing better, saying a prayer for him. If he is being stubborn and doesn't make the doctors office, maybe the ER. I mean, better to feel silly if it is nothing than for it to be something of more concern. Men, they are so stubborn.

sigpic

Comment

Personally I feel this is stress and anxiety... Maybe get a Xanax pill and see if it helps him relax. Then he will need to get a plan to deal with his stress.

On the web I found this:

There are a few typical things that can cause bilateral symptoms. Lyme is one of them, but is relatively rare,depending on where you live (the tick that transmits Lyme only lives in certain areas such as New England). Sarcoid is another possible cause for bilateral cranial nerve dysfunction - tests include a chest xray, and sometimes a conjunctival biopsy. Diabetes is another diagnossi to consider.

Another cause is MS, and this might need to be looked into by your doctors although you do not seem to fulfill any criteria for this diagnosis as yet - a visual evoked potential test given your visual symptoms may be appropriate, and an MRI as you have already had done. A normal MRI is not suggstive of MS. If the tests are still negative, a spinal fluid analysis may be necessary.

Best of luck

Comment

Well, husband's face is no longer numb. He said that it lasted for about 3 more hours after he left home yesterday. Then, it wore off ????? Also, his lip is not nearly as swollen this morning. Not sure what was going on with him. BUT, one concern that I do have is this - He said that he had to make a phone call yesterday at work. And halfway through the phone call, one of his sentences became slurred. He said that he realized right away that his speech was slurred. But, then his speech cleared up again???? He has not had slurred speech since. Strange. Any doctors out there? Anyone know what this might mean? I can't get him to go to the doctor. He is very stubborn about doctor visits.

As for Diabetes - He was tested about 5 years ago and it came back negative. So, he doesn't have Diabetes unless he has developed it within the last 5 years. MS - Never thought of that. Do these sympoms sound like MS??! One more thing - he has very severe headaches at times. They get so bad at times that they make him dizzy and disoriented until they pass. He has been to the Dr. for the headaches and they have told him that it is due to very bad sinus flare ups. But, wondering about that diagnosis? I remember back in 2005 right before we got married, I went to his apartment to plan some last minute wedding things. When I first got there, he came to the door to let me in. Then, when he turned around, he was so dizzy that he stumbled and fell into a wall. I was scared to death. He said that he was having one of his headaches that day. It scared me so bad that I stayed there until late that night watching over him. Just very concerned about my husband. He is only 47 years old. But, we have 2 little ones to raise. They need their Daddy.

Comment

It sounds like he really needs to see a doctor. When we had health insurance, my husband was also stubborn about doing to the doctor. I made the appointment and when he protested I simply said do you love your family? He said of course. Then you will do this for us. Please keep us posted and I will be praying for all of you.

Comment

Thats probably blood pressure from stress. Sounds like he is under high stress and the phone call was probably stressful to.
                    He needs to learn to relax. At this stage he is right near a nervous breakdown. If he doesn't get to a psychiatrist soon he may go into full nervous breakdown.
                    I had to go on Xanax to get my stress under control. Does his heart start beating really fast?

It could be medical related. Any time you have a numb feeling something is very wrong. Mentally or physically. The guy needs bed rest first of all, immediately.

Comment

I know I'm a little late but I will still be praying for your husband
                      Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Comment

Hi, checking to see how your Husband is doing?He remains in in my prayers.

Comment

I am beginning to think that maybe he has developed Diabetes lately. He was tested 5 years ago. But, he stays tired and can fall asleep anywhere. He has dizziness at times, he gets headaches often. And now, this numbness that came out of nowhere and then left a few hours later. I am going to try to get him to get re-tested. Wish me luck! The man hates going to the doctor. I may have to drag him there myself!

Comment

Praying for wisdom and healing for your husband.
                            Matthew 21:22

Comment

Does he need a lot of water ?? Or does he go to the bathroom a lot??
                              I think those are early signs to.

Comment

Working...
                              X