This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for my suffering mother..

My poor mom has been suffering two years with terrible dry eyes that cause burning so badly it makes it nearly impossible for her to read..bright lights and sunlight causes more pain. After going to numerous docs she finally found a eye doc that discovered not only does she have dry eyes but also the oil glands in her eyelids are closed and not letting out any oil that helps coat and protect the eyes. Plus an eye lid infection. He also noticed her cheeks would turn red and said she has Rosetta which can go along with the type of eye problems she has. So he started her on an eye antibiotic and a regular antibiotic. Well right after she started the oral antibiotic for the Rosetta she got very sick with flu like problems...sick to her stomach, feeling hot and chills...so she stopped that antibiotic everyone thought she was having an allergic reaction to it. This was over a week ago and she is still sick! Plus has what appears to be hives on her back. She has had mild cases of that off and on but this is worse and itching keeping up awake at night. She did go to the doc and the took blood but everything comes back ok. He did give her cream to put on the hives to stop the itching. I almost wonder if she has west Nile virus as it fits the description.

At any rate she is just in tears...been miserable so long with her eyes...finally has some hope of them getting better then gets sick and can't seem to get over it. Her eye problems were really limiting her life as it was now she is really suffering and unable to do much.

Please pray whatever it is clears up quickly and she is totally healed of everything, including her eye problems. I love her very much and its been very difficult to see her suffering so much like this and feeling so helpless to relieve her suffering. While none of this is life threatening....its really ruining her life! She has missed going to church more then she has been able to go and is cut off more and more from people because she feels so bad.

Thanks.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Awwww your poor mom! Lifting her up to our Lord right this minute.. and I'll keep praying for her!
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Comment

Lots of prayers for your mum honey, especially in the days to come, that she will have healing completely for her eye problems and every thiing that ails her. That she will be well enough to go back to church and have fellowship again. God bless you, and God keep you both in his loving care, Soulangel
      sigpic
      1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with your power;
      and little things as though they were great, since I do them in your name. Blaise Pascal

Comment

that the cause of the eye troubles and hives is found and remedied rapidly.

Comment

MG, Lifting up your mom and this need for healing to the Lord in prayers.

"The flowers appear on the earth,
          the time of singing has come,
          and the voice of the turtledove
          is heard in our land
          ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Very similar problem with my Mom's eyes. Will be keeping your Mom in prayer about this, that she receive healing and relief.

Comment

STanding in agreememnt with you in prayers for your mum that her eyes gets healed in Jesus' mighty name. I am claiming the promise of John 16:24 now and ask that Jesus will show her what it means when we read that He bore our sicknesses. ty Jesus;

Comment

Thank you all. Just talked to her a few minutes ago and she is doing better so far...not feeling sick to her stomach and has been able to stay up instead of feeling so bad she just went back to bed. Please keep praying she totally recovers from all of this!

Thanks!
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Praying for your mom and her eyes I scratched the cornea of my eye once and the pain was unbelievable. I can image how much she is suffering.

Comment

Praying for your wonderful mother that she Beats this sickness with the Mighty Power of god.

God will work it out, he respects that your bringing the problem to him...So You Can start Rejoicing right now, your mother is Healed...in the mighty name of jesus....i'm declaring victory

Comment

Bless her heart I know that must be so terribly painful for your mother

Merciful and Gracious Father we ask O God that you would hear the cries of your people and move with mercy and compassion for this precious mother, Lord bring swft healing and restoration to all areas of affliction in her body in Christ' Mighty name we do humbly pray amen and amen

Comment

Jesus please take care of moonglow's Mom and her eyes.. Please Jesus..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
                        Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
                        SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
                        Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
                        Daughter & Family
                        Vickie & Ashley
                        For ALL suffering with ALS
                        Moonglow and Nate
                        My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
                        Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
                        Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
                        Gary &Cleaveland
                        EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
                        Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Thank you all. We had a family outting yesterday which she barely got through and is pretty worn out today but she did sound better. I think her stomach is finally settling down...but she still isn't sleeping well keeps getting like hot flashes then chills...then hot then chills. Can't be hormones as she is way past that. She said she checked this one medication that helps prevent bone loss and it can cause that so she had stopped taking it a few days ago to see if that would help...so far it hasn't...maybe take some time to get out of her system. So please pray she starts sleeping peacefully and the hot cold thing stops. And please pray these eye antibiotic starts helping her eyes! She is having no relief at all from this yet. Suppose to see the eye dr next week and I think we were all really hoping and praying this would be the thing that helps her. She can't just keep enduring this with her eyes...been two years now and she has suffered enough!

Thank you all and God bless you for taking the time to pray for someone you don't know. I forgot to say too, her name is Linda.

God bless

Comment

Continuing to lift your Mom to the Lord!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know how your mum is travelling. Lets continue to pray tht she has some relief from all of this, and that the Doctor has another solution to the problem that will actually help her not hinder her. Praying for her healing from the pain in Jesus mighty name, amen. with lots of love and hugs galore ~ Linda xoxoxoxoxox
                              sigpic
                              1 Cor 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Lord, help me to do great things as though they were little, since I do them with your power;
                              and little things as though they were great, since I do them in your name. Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                              X