This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grandson's first wheelchair

My Grandson Sean, who is now almost two years old and was born with Spinal-Bifida, got his first wheelchair today.

Sean has movement in his legs down to his mid-thigh, and his doctors say they still intend to have him fitted with braces, so eventually he may be able to move about on crutches.

I knew today was coming, and I've tried to prepare myself for this, but the sight of this smiling, happy little boy in a wheelchair is just too much for me.

I know Jesus has a plan for Sean, and I apologize for my lack of faith but I just break down sobbing when I see him in the wheelchair. I know the doctors consider this progress, and it means Sean can move about now with dragging his legs behind him, but it's still hard to see and accept as progress.

Would you please pray for Sean, and the rest of the family, and please pray for my lack of faith in this matter. I'm trying I really am, it's just so hard.

Thank you for your prayers.

Rob
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16

Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace;
    And your best days are never so good that you're beyond the need of God's grace.

Americans grew tired of being thought to be dumb by the rest of the world,
    so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.

Father, we Praise You and Thank You that You alone are God.
    Father it is truly amazing to think that this little boy could smile because of a new wheelchair. It is a great reminder to me that with You all things are indeed possible. Father it is You that fills our hearts with joy, even in the midst of difficult circumstances. It is You that gives us the grace to go through tough times when those around can't understand how we are getting through them.
    Be with this Grandmother, Lord, may she see Christ shine through her precious grandson. Lord we don't understand why things have to be the way they are at times, but Lord You do know what is happening and why.
    May you be glorified in this child's life, and may many come to know Your Son Jesus Christ through his testimony.
    In Jesus Name, Amen
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone View Post
      My Grandson Sean, who is now almost two years old and was born with Spinal-Bifida, got his first wheelchair today.

Sean has movement in his legs down to his mid-thigh, and his doctors say they still intend to have him fitted with braces, so eventually he may be able to move about on crutches.

I knew today was coming, and I've tried to prepare myself for this, but the sight of this smiling, happy little boy in a wheelchair is just too much for me.

I know Jesus has a plan for Sean, and I apologize for my lack of faith but I just break down sobbing when I see him in the wheelchair. I know the doctors consider this progress, and it means Sean can move about now with dragging his legs behind him, but it's still hard to see and accept as progress.

Would you please pray for Sean, and the rest of the family, and please pray for my lack of faith in this matter. I'm trying I really am, it's just so hard.

Rob
      I can image that is very hard. I have worked with a man that had that. Try to see it as its giving him more independence having it. I will pray the Lord comforts you on dealing with this.

God bless
      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Hi Rob... just to let you know, God can work amazing blessings through this, and any other ailment. My husband had spina bifida, and he told me after he'd become Christian that it was only because of having suffered in his life that he grew up not to be self centred and materialistic. He spent most of his life campaigning to make the world a better place, and after he became Christian his witness moved a lot of people to love our Lord who would never have listened to anyone else. Sometimes God does move in mysterious ways to work His greater good, and I trust that He is doing so here. Also, I trust that He's going to give you trust and bless you as time goes on.

For the record, they told my husband's parents that he would never walk, and he did, from about three until he was forty seven. Whether your grandson does or not, do know that God is walking with him, whatever happens.
        Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Rob

You rest, dear soul. We will carry you in prayer during this extremely difficult time for you. Will pray for Sean also. The effects of sin on our loved ones is the hardest to bare, I believe

I often wonder if God the Father broke down sobbing when He saw the effects of sin on His dear Son. He knows...He understands.... I believe He weeps with you.....
          ~ My testimony~

Comment

Praying for your little grandson and your family!
            -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
            It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
            So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
            We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
            Warren Barfield

Comment

Jesus.. Please help Rob overcome what he is seeing.. Sean is ok where he is.. he is happy.. Us as grownups look at the worse.. I worked in a school full of kids in wheelchairs.. and they were the happiest kids going.. He'll be fine... Jesus please hear my prayers for this family.. Please Jesus

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
              Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
              SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
              Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
              Daughter & Family
              Vickie & Ashley
              For ALL suffering with ALS
              Moonglow and Nate
              My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
              Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
              Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
              Gary &Cleaveland
              EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
              Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

I just break down sobbing when I see him in the wheelchair. I know the doctors consider this progress, and it means Sean can move about now with dragging his legs behind him, but it's still hard to see and accept as progress.
                [/COLOR]
                that you see the wheelchair as your grandson does - as liberty. . .

You're not alone in your view of wheelchairs, my paralysed mother was determined not to use one - until she was given the ultimatum, to either sit in a borrowed one to go Christmas shopping or stay at home. . . . she was delighted to own her own as soon as possible after that. . . and she had a full and happy life, loving the Lord and used by Him.

Comment

I saw this post the other day while at the library looking for a job..they have faster puters and I was so saddened by this...please know I prayed right on the spot and will hold this child and your heart in my prayers

Comment

Sorry for catching this so late! I will make Sean a part of my regular prayer. I, like you, am grateful for his new chair. What a difference that will be for him. Praying for this young guy!

(watch him conquer the world in his chair).

Comment

Lord may your perfect and gracious will be done in this precious little soul Sean,and may comfort strength and peace fill the heart of this grandfather and all those tht love and care for this little one in Christ' Wonderful name amen

Comment

Hi Rob, can't walk your shoes...and it's natural for you to feel sad...but It is worse to be spiritually handicapped... Lord give Rob and his family comfort through this, only you can do that....In Jesus' Precious name...Amen...

*edited*
                        ps...a lot here with straight legs...sadly and unfortunately will not be able to walk in Heaven.

You will see the beautiful things the Lord can do through him. Just know that he is blessed and loved. and Your Father understands....
                        Don't magnify the problem, magnify the Lord.

Raise my white flag...I surrender, I surrender all to You!

Comment

praying!

maybe this will help:
                          a little boy named joshua was born at my church without a growth plate in his left foot. this made him not be able to walk. the doctors told his parents that multiple surgeries would have to be performed, and even this may not fix it. he is the most beautiful little child and he's always happy! his mom and dad had him prayed for at church many times, and wouldn't you know it, that little miracle is now running around and his growth plate grew back in! God does perform miracles! many people thought that joshua would never be healed, and by God's great power he did! please try not to give up the faith, for your families' sake!

God bless & keep us updated on his healing! i know God can do it!
                          Galatians 2:20
                          I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Comment

Rob, I will pray for you. My youngest son is disabled and used to be able to walk, but due to a bone condition, is now dependent on a walker. We're trying to keep him out of a wheelchair. I understand how you feel, brother, I understand the pain and the struggle and the questioning. But, take heart, because kids are resilient and adaptable, and they're stronger than we all think. Keep covering Sean in prayer, and ask God to use the situation, and him, for His glory, and He surely will. I keep telling my son that, regardless of his body, he is still a whole person and that he can do anything God wants him to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DaniHansen View Post
                              Rob, I will pray for you. My youngest son is disabled and used to be able to walk, but due to a bone condition, is now dependent on a walker. We're trying to keep him out of a wheelchair. I understand how you feel, brother, I understand the pain and the struggle and the questioning. But, take heart, because kids are resilient and adaptable, and they're stronger than we all think. Keep covering Sean in prayer, and ask God to use the situation, and him, for His glory, and He surely will. I keep telling my son that, regardless of his body, he is still a whole person and that he can do anything God wants him to do.

AMEN...God is not limited by our so called limitations...Praise The Lord
                              Don't magnify the problem, magnify the Lord.

Raise my white flag...I surrender, I surrender all to You!

Comment

Working...
                              X