This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pray for strength.

my mom and i have completely different views on religion.
    she's holiness, and i am CoG. she's already told me that i am going to hell. mom doesn't agree that i am a christian, but that i am going through a faze.

my boyfriend is also holiness, but he is way more laid-back about me not being the same as him. i'm afraid if we were to consider our future together, he would not want to be with me in the long run because of this. also, his mom is mentally ill, and she calls my mom all the time saying things to try to keep cody (boyfriend) and i apart because i am not holiness. she likes me, but would prefer him date in his denomination.

my best friend and i are drifting. she is a strong christian, and has helped me stay on track at times.

please pray for my strength through these troubled times.

thanks & God bless,
    logan
    Galatians 2:20
    I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

In my younger years I attended a holiness church and also have seen Holiness preachers preach on tv and what I got out of it all was

CONDEMNATION

You are going to hell if your dress is to short
    you are going to hell if your hair is to short
    you are going to hell if u play golf on sunday
    you are going to hell for backslidding

hey you are going to hell if u fail the Lord in anyway shape or form

now sister this is what I got out of that and I didnt agree with it based on the Word as I comprehended it to mean

anyway God bless you and just be faithful to pray for your mother that the Lord will help her to see the truth

that the Lord Jesus Christ came to save us not to condemn us

I will lift u and your needs up as soon as I finish this

God bless
    Evang.dare

Comment

Please define 'Holiness' and 'CoG' as I don't understand . . .

Comment

thanks ES. that's basically all i've gotten out it as well.

holiness: a denomination that believes they are the only ones going to Heaven. have to speak in tongues to be saved. believes that holiness ppl will never sin again after being saved. very strict traditional rules

CoG: Church of God (out of anderson, indiana). very close to southern baptist.
        Galatians 2:20
        I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Comment

Jesus, Please help Logan stay on the path with you.. she has all kinds who are trying to get her off your path.. So please help her please Jesus..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
          Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
          SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
          Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
          Daughter & Family
          Vickie & Ashley
          For ALL suffering with ALS
          Moonglow and Nate
          My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
          Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
          Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
          Gary &Cleaveland
          EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
          Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Paying for strength and wisdom for you in this difficult circumstance.

Comment

that you and your mother will both recognise what is glorifying the Lord in each other's understanding, and are prepared to give up cherished positions, where necessary, to embrace the Truth of Scripture. . . . and enjoy His Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Godisnumber1 View Post
                my mom and i have completely different views on religion.
                My mother and I differ on religion also, in fact she dosn't even believe in God. She's of the attitude of --"how can a loving God let babies die", and whatnot. So I can relate to your situation. Of her three sons, I am the only one that she dosn't have any influence over, So I concern myself with my brothers also. I am the oldest son, so I feel a bit responsible for bringing my family members to God, at the same time realizing that there is only so much I personally can do. I've had to pray and leave it in God's hands because when I speak to them about it they sat I'm "preaching", tend to get offended--boy people do not like to be told that they've got it wrong. I will pray for you. God bless you.
                -I'm a soldier in the Army of the Lord-

Comment

Working...
                X