This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray I get this part time job!

It sure would be a load off my shoulders if I get it. Its cooking healthy suppers on weekends for a disabled lady. I interviewed for it late this afternoon. She has CP and is nonverbal and her parents run a natural food store so would like for her to have all natural meals at least once a day. Another lady cooks her suppers during the week. Weekend would be better for me anyway as I want to be home during the week with Nate..cook supper, help with homework and so forth. I have worked with handicapped individuals like her before so that is a plus. The bad thing is I have little in the way of past work references for them to call because I haven't worked in 12 plus years since Nate was born. Its made it very difficult to even get a part time job because of this. I have been trying since last spring. Its very discouraging to have interviews then keep getting turned down. Several others had interviewed for this job too...and probably have better reference then I do...but on the plus side I know some of the other clients there as I worked with them years ago so I am hoping this ladies mom can speak to their parents about me and hopefully they remember me and give me a good reference.

I am disabled myself (back problems and other things) and cannot work full time...but really need the money..especially with Nate's birthday and other holidays coming up..plus the rise in regular bills....

Of course I want to be in God's will on this...so please pray..if its in His will...I will get this job.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Consider yourself prayed for.
    ----------------------------------------------
    When the plain sense of Scripture make sense, seek no other sense.

Comment

Praying for you and Nate, for your job situation and for THIS job specifically... and for God's will to always be done in your life.
      -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
      It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
      So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
      We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
      Warren Barfield

Comment

I will Moonglow,

Take heart, for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

God bless you
        Stay healthy

"Think white and get serious"

sigpic

Comment

Praying for you, Moonglow. This job sounds ideal for your needs.

V
          I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
            Praying for you, Moonglow. This job sounds ideal for your needs.
            I agree! This sounds like a great opportunity! Praying for you
            "I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!" - Buddy the Elf

My Blog

Pray for Mieke and Charles

Comment

I will join in the prayers for you Moonglow
              My soul does GLORIFY the LORD, my spirit REJOICES in GOD MY SAVIOUR
              ------
              "To be entirely safe from the devils snares the man of God must be completely obedient to the Word of the Lord. The driver on the highway is safe, not when he reads the signs but when he obeys them." A.W.Tozer

The Lifehouse Skit

Comment

moonglow

I pray that it is in God's will that you get this job

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Praying about this part-time job for you, and for your family and expenses.

Comment

Moonglow, I am particularly sensitive to people looking for jobs as I am in the same boat. I will remember you in prayer. And be sure and post if you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by catlover View Post
                      Moonglow, I am particularly sensitive to people looking for jobs as I am in the same boat. I will remember you in prayer. And be sure and post if you get it.
                      I will...thank you all.

I would have to learn to cook a little differently as they are all natural...no canned stuff at all...even spices have to be bought whole...like no onion salt...the actually onion cut up. Things like that...but that is ok as Nate is tried of me cooking the 'same old things' all the time anyway...

God bless
                      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                        I will...thank you all.

I would have to learn to cook a little differently as they are all natural...no canned stuff at all...even spices have to be bought whole...like no onion salt...the actually onion cut up. Things like that...but that is ok as Nate is tried of me cooking the 'same old things' all the time anyway...

God bless
                        Cooking is a great adventure! I think you will find it to be fun. I'm an omnivore (I eat EVERYTHING) but I seldom use cans or pre-made things. It's the only part of my life that I am "creative" in - all the rest of my life is "nuts and bolts". I know how to get things done and I do them. Cooking is like my daily mini-vacation where I can play.
                        I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                        - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X