X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer reguest for an awful habit

Hi folks,

Some may know me here, but I just wanted to share a problem I've had for a while. I lie to people I love because I am ashamed of truth sometimes. Years ago when I was a teen, I used to get absouletly screamed at from Mom when bad things happened. Miserable experience. I discovered that if I just kept things from her, life would be peaceful for a while. Sure I knew things would eventually have to come out, but as long as things were okay for a while I'd be content. Well, even now after mom has been gone for 5 months, I still do this with my Aunt and Dad. I basically tell them lies about a job oppurtunity or keep bad news from them so they don't get upset or mad. I don't lie to my friends or anyone else for that matter. I am totally able to admit my faults and mistakes, but not with my family. I despise being like this and want help desperately. I've prayed many times before, but asking for your prayers and possible counseling if I can.

Jason
    Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right. - Bob Marley

Jason, you may want to start a similar post about this in the counselling forum to get more responses.... but for now, let me just tell you that I'm praying for ya, buddy.
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Comment

I stand in agreement with you and ask for your deliverance in Jesus' name. ty Jesus.

I used to have a simalar problem, but not anymore. Simply keep asking God to deliver you from the problem when faced with a temptation to lie. Say, "God, help me not to lie as right now i am being tempted, in Jesus' name" and in a few weeks, this problem will evaporate. Fast once a week for this issue.

Comment

Dear Father,
        I bring my brother Jason before You. Lord he has according to Your Word in James 5:16 confessed his faults to us that we might pray for him and that he might be healed. Lord, please free Jason from this protection he has put up through lying.
        Thank You! In Jesus Name, amen
        .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Praying for you here too Jason.

Comment

Lifting you up before the Lord for deliverance.

Comment

Jason, I am praying that you give it to Jesus!!! It's the only way!!! We are capable of nothing without HIM!!! Also, Jesus is a deliverer!!! There is nothing HE can't do...HE wants us to have life and life more abundantly..HIS Word says to ask and you shall receive...HIS Word says all we have to have is faith the size of a mustard seed...If you slip and tell a lie, confess and go back and tell the truth. Once you face the fear, it's done!!!! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!!!! Depend on the Lord...

God Bless You
              John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Thank you all for your prayers....much appreciated.
                Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right. - Bob Marley

Comment

Praying for Jason to Jesus..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
                  Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
                  SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
                  Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
                  Daughter & Family
                  Vickie & Ashley
                  For ALL suffering with ALS
                  Moonglow and Nate
                  My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
                  Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
                  Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
                  Gary &Cleaveland
                  EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
                  Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Praying for you...

I have never found anyone, however religious and devout who did not sometimes experience withdrawal of grace, or feel a lessening of devotion. -Thomas a Kempis

If You Need Help, Ask God. If You Don't, Thank God. -Unknown

The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still. -A.W. Tozer

Comment

Jason I am praying for you

Comment

Working...
                      X