This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been robbed

I've been robbed. yesterday when I was walking with my son, somebody got hold of my bank card somehow, and they've spent every penny I had.

Please pray that this gest sorted out... I thought at first I'd simply left the card somewhere in the house, but yesterday at 5.30 pm someone spent right up to my overdraft limit. Now I'm trying to get the bank to accept it's not my bill, and I'm trying to get them to transfer funds into an account I have which I do have a card for. If they accept that this bill is not mine, I'll have to pay 25 pounds for an instant transfer to a different bank. It will be five working days before my new card turns up.

I'm having a REALLY bad day.
    Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Oh no! Will call you tonight, hun.

Comment

That is so ROTTEN. I have that worry in the back of my mind all the time.
      But be comforted in the fact that "thieves shall not inherit the kingdom of God."
      Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.
      MAY WE IN EVIL'S HOUR, TRUTH'S SWORD WITH BOLDNESS WIELD

Comment

Well, now I'm calmer I can remember to pray for the thief. The bank has cancelled my card, and are going through channels to see where the money has gone. My Dad's transferring some money to my account. It will take a few days to hit, but I've got food and heating in the house, so we'll be okay, now I'm no longer panicking.

I used to steal myself (shoplifting) so I should remember to pray for the thief. Thank you guys.

Comment

Calm patience is what it is all about...you and your son are in my prayers....
          God happens!
          'I Can Only Imagine'

Bless the Beasts and the Children:
          http://youtu.be/AhR36gV6vW4

On cautionary note:
          Originally posted by ProjectPeter
          When they say something... it is about anyone's guess what it is they really mean... but NEVER ask for clarification of their mysterious language... they are often very happy to give it and that's when the discussion goes FREAKY!

Comment

Daughter, I am so sorry this happened but am thankful the Lord is helping you deal with it. I have prayed that things happen in the correct fashion and order. I also want to thank you for praying for the thief. I did as well. Let's see what God does with THOSE prayers.

Be blessed and at peace -
            V
            I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
            - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I am sorry to hear this and I praythat God will turn this around and make good come out of it; in Jesus' name. ty Jesus. Forgive them for what they have done.

Comment

Oh no...I am so sorry! I know here due to lack of jobs, bad economy and Christmas coming...people tend to do more desperate things..I will pray for the thief he or she is convicted in their mind about what they did and of course lead to Christ and pray for you and that things will work out ok...

Everyone needs to be very careful right now I think..

God bless
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

No way! That is a real downer. Very laudable for you to reject anger and vengence instincts to pray for the thief. I had to spend a lot of mental effort not getting angry when I got in an accident last weekend and it was my own dang fault!, so you're showing a heck of a lot spiritual maturity imo.

Paying that you get it sorted out in a timely fashion.

Comment

Well, one good thing about keeping tracts in your wallet... at least I know this particular thief will have had an opportunity to read the gospel.

http://shop.livingwaterseu.com/produ...94168b5ca35597

He or she will have thought they got lucky... I think it really likely that they'll read it. I mean, in their situation, wouldn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                      Well, one good thing about keeping tracts in your wallet... at least I know this particular thief will have had an opportunity to read the gospel.

http://shop.livingwaterseu.com/produ...94168b5ca35597

He or she will have thought they got lucky... I think it really likely that they'll read it. I mean, in their situation, wouldn't you?
                      That is great! I love how it starts out..."the million pound question: Will you go to Heaven? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything,..... Thinking he or she got a million pound note..(though the message is worth so much more!).

God bless
                      "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I've seen people who picked that up, thinking I'd dropped it, flinch when they read it. It's a very funny tract. I fold it up, and leave it on the seat when I'm going places - so far only one person ever picked it up to return it to me.

One time a neighbour stole my son's birthday money (his birthday card went through her door.) She had the silliness to brag about it to another neighbour - I overheard them in the shop.

Once I stopped feeling sick (I was on another side of the ailse) I went home, wrote a card addressed to my son... but put her house number on it to see what would happen. (My son's name is very distinctive in this country, she knew who he was.) Inside the card was one of those tracts, and I wrote her a note - can't remember exactly what it said, but it was about the importance of her repenting and going to heaven, because riches on earth perish, but riches in heaven never do. I'm afraid to say I didn't sign it, but next time I saw her she blushed like a tomato, and I knew she'd read the tract.

Comment

Praying for you Daughter, and very sorry for your having been hit like this.

Comment

Originally posted by daughter View Post
                            I've seen people who picked that up, thinking I'd dropped it, flinch when they read it. It's a very funny tract. I fold it up, and leave it on the seat when I'm going places - so far only one person ever picked it up to return it to me.

One time a neighbour stole my son's birthday money (his birthday card went through her door.) She had the silliness to brag about it to another neighbour - I overheard them in the shop.

Once I stopped feeling sick (I was on another side of the ailse) I went home, wrote a card addressed to my son... but put her house number on it to see what would happen. (My son's name is very distinctive in this country, she knew who he was.) Inside the card was one of those tracts, and I wrote her a note - can't remember exactly what it said, but it was about the importance of her repenting and going to heaven, because riches on earth perish, but riches in heaven never do. I'm afraid to say I didn't sign it, but next time I saw her she blushed like a tomato, and I knew she'd read the tract.
                            That's pretty sick to 'brag' about stealing a child's birthday money...she better blush! She should have returned it to him too...

Glad she got the 'message'...

God bless

Comment

Especially since she knew the kid concerned, and that his step father was dying at the time. She used to come out and pretend all sorts of sympathy to our faces. It was my son's first real head on impact with the fact that people are bare faced liars, and shameless thieves. It upset him for days.

Vhayes might remember it... I remember talking to you about it at the time?

Thing is... looking back on it now, all the times I've been robbed, it's never been the end of the world. It's been upsetting, or an inconvenience, but God always does see us through.

Comment

Working...
                              X