This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding called off.

I don't have the heart or the strength to get into it.... and would prefer not to on the open board... but for several reasons apparently, my "fiance" let me know that he doesn't want to BE my fiance any more, and we've called our wedding off.... and for that matter, our relationship. I'm crushed. This came flying out of nowhere.... but in a weird way, I'm relieved that, even though our wedding was only supposed to be just over two WEEKS from now... I know what he's actually like now.... and I know how he really feels about certain things. I can't believe it, but nothing makes sense anyways so I'll have to.

Please just pray for me, for him, and for our respective families -- I imagine they'll be confused and disappointed, but this isn't something we'll be reconciling.

I'll maybe start a thread in C2M later when I can organize what the heck happened, in my head.

Thank you....
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Praying for you CoffeeCat - If I could I'd give you and hug but it will have to be a cyber hug due to distance...
    (((((CoffeeCat)))))
    V
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

awwwww. I'm so sorry you're hurt. I'll pray God will comfort you as only He can. Things will work out for the best.

Comment

Oh hon! I am so sorry. I will pray for you right now.

And as you mentioned, you may start a private thread in chat to moderators or chat to ministers at any time.

Originally posted by ConqueredbyLove
        Even sheep fall down sometimes...But Jesus picks them up as they can't pick up themselves

Comment

Oh, sweetheart... I'm so sorry. What a shock.

I'll be praying for you.
          Please could everyone pray for Mieke and Charles.

My testimony http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthr...ight=testimony

Comment

Oh sweetheart!!!!! But like you said, at least you found out now, before you were married.

I have never found anyone, however religious and devout who did not sometimes experience withdrawal of grace, or feel a lessening of devotion. -Thomas a Kempis

If You Need Help, Ask God. If You Don't, Thank God. -Unknown

The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still. -A.W. Tozer

Comment

Oh my dear friend...I am so so sorry! I don't know what to say...

My prayers are with you though in this...

God bless
              "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

. . . . .

Comment

I know that there is nothing that I can say to make this better. I am so sorry that you have to feel this pain and deal with this situation. Thank God that he is watching out for you enough that you didn't enter into covenant with this person. Isn't it funny how sometimes a blessing hurts like heck? We ask for what we need and when we get it, it's not always what we wanted. I am praying for you, and him and your families. I know that you will continue to be blessed, just hopefully your next blessing includes chocolate instead of heartache!
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
                  Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
                  Isaiah 26:9

Comment

Praying now, love.

Comment

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through I am praying for you during this difficult time

Comment

aying for your heart to mended by our Healer...spend all of your time focused on Jesus, and HE will reveal what HE wants you to know at this time....Protection is always in God's hand for HIS children!!! HE allows things to happen for a reason....Just know, that HE has got you in HIS mighty and powerful hand, and nothing can overcome HIS strength!!!

Bless you and please, take care of yourself!!!!
                        John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Oh my goodness! I will be praying for you like crazy! I so wish there was something I could do to comfort you, but I think only God can provide the comforting you need right now. If you'd like to PM me, I'll be around. I went through a similar situation, though I was on the other side. Believe me, sister, God has plans for this situation. I am so so sorry that you're heartbroken, shocked, and probably every other emotion there is out there!
                          "I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite!" - Buddy the Elf

My Blog

Pray for Mieke and Charles

Comment

Sorry to hear this my friend...... May God bless you abundantly as you go through this!

Love you,
                            Mieke
                            Glorious Day
                            Living He loved me
                            Dying He saved me
                            Buried He carried my sins far away
                            Risen He justified
                            Freely forever
                            One day He's coming
                            Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Comment

May God comfort you all in this time.
                              Matt 9:13
                              13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                              NASU

Comment

Working...
                              X