This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on the one pound baby

I did a pray request last month about a staff lady at my son's school giving birth to her baby boy five months early..also said she had just lost her husband right before school started in August...I still don't know the cause of his death though. Anyway people kept asking for any news on the baby and I didn't know anything until yesterday so I thought I would just start a new post so you would see the update.

She set up a website about him on caring bridge which is to help families of sick children or premature babies like her son. Its an easy way for friends and family to keep updated on what is going on.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/dawsoncox

He has gained a little weight..is up to 1 pd and 11 ounces now. There are photo's on there of him and she had done updates on his condition. He is going to be there for many months to come! There is some concern about fluid on his brain and of course he still is needing help breathing but that is getting better. Please keep him and his mom who has already been through so much, in your prayers...thanks.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Thanks for the update. It looks like the little guy is making great progress...he no longer requires the breathing tube and is breathing on his own.

He has a long way to go still, but thank God for the progess he has made!
    My Blog

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'm sure we will all keep them in our prayers.
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
      Proverbs 3:5

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgements come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.
      Isaiah 26:9

Comment

for Health for the baby and the Lord's Peace for his mum.

Comment

Thank you all! As you probably well know, babies this premature can end up with life long serious disabilities....so please pray he doesn't suffer any major delays or disabilities from this. Of course also being this tiny it wouldn't take much for him to not make it...an infection...other health problems...he has a long struggle ahead still.

God bless
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Yes he does but so far so good.

Still praying.
            Grace is the gift of Christ, who exposes the gulf which separates God and man, and, by exposing it, bridges it. [K Barth]

Comment

Praying for the little one and his mother.
              Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
              Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
              http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Comment

update on the baby

The mom just did this update on Dawson:

Dawson came off of breathing support this morning and is on straight Sipap where the machine only gives him a breath if he forgets to breath. He is continuing to get oxygen support from the Sipap but not the machine doing the breathing for him. He is on 44% oxygen with this change which is excellent! Dr. Scooley is hopeful that with all the progress he has made that he will be on just an oxygen cannual (oxygen support that you would have if you needed oxygen) by next week. This is awesome progress for him.

Dr. Scooley also said this morning that they are more than likely going to have to put a reservior in Dawson's head to help drain spinal fluid that is collecting in his head from the bleeding in his brain. I am not too surprised at this as they have been dancing around it for the past week or so. I am hoping this is a temporary measure and they won't have to put in a permanent shunt to drain fluid.

While this is great news on the oxygen do pray about the bleeding and build up on fluid on his brain... Thanks.

God bless

Comment

I was born 2.2, and I'm cheerin' for ya little dude....you can do it! Fight, Fight, Fight!

Comment

Please Jesus, take care of this little boy, and help him to grow big and strong.. Please Jesus..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
                    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
                    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
                    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
                    Daughter & Family
                    Vickie & Ashley
                    For ALL suffering with ALS
                    Moonglow and Nate
                    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
                    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
                    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
                    Gary &Cleaveland
                    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
                    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

That is amazing! Praise God for the strenth He has giving this baby & his mama!

Comment

What a wonderful update! I am so glad to hear he is doing better!
                        Father God I just pray that you will continue to protect little Dawson as he continues to get better and place your protective and healing hand upon Dawson, and his Mother, In Jesus, Amen.
                        What a little fighter! That is indeed good news. Praise God!
                        Colo
                        Watch my videos
                        Signs!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8AXCXED1HU

Jack Chick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Q9Uam0cWU

For though I am absent from you in body,I am present with you in spirit, and delight to see how orderly you are, and how firm your faith in Christ is.
                        Colossians 2:5 . NIV

Comment

Working...
                        X