Please keep my mother and son in your prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please keep my mother and son in your prayers

Both are dealing with alot of medical problems. My mom, Linda, has been loosing her memory and gets confused alot. She hasn't been officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's or dementia yet which is frustrating to us as a family, we feel if she was the doctor's would be more aggressive in their treatment of her. This has been going on for years now. They have tried a medication to help with her memory but she had a bad reaction to it. Seems like most of what they have tried either doesn't work or she has a reaction to it. She is 75 years old. She doesn't live alone but with her husband who is the same age. His memory isn't always that great either but the problems aren't nearly as bad as hers.

My son, Nathan is a type one diabetic and has ulcerative colitis and gastroparesis which means his stomach digest food very slowly and can cause alot of stomach cramping and nausea. He is on insulin for his diabetes but sometimes getting it into his system is a struggle because he is so thin. He has alot of internal scars too from the insulin pump. He feels pretty awful most days.

If you could keep them both in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Please keep my mother and son in your prayers

May God completely heal your mom and son. Will pray for them daily.

Comment

Yes I will be praying for Mom and your Son .

Comment

Praying for both of them....
        Per Hebrew 13:3 please "Remember those in prison": http://bibleforums.org/forumdisplay....secuted-Church

Acts 21 Now they have been informed about you that you continually teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn back from and forsake Moses...Therefore do just what we tell you....thus everybody will know that there is no truth in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself walk in observance of the Law of Moses.

Comment

I think the hardest thing for my son is people, especially his church family and wive's family not believing he has these illnesses outside of the diabetes. They apparently haven't bothered to look them up or want photo's of his ulcerated intestine. Of course no one can 'see' the cramps and how nauseous he gets after eating. It hurts him deeply that he is not believed and that is hard for me to see and there is nothing I can do about it. They only see him when he is having a 'good' day and not when he is at his worse. Plus he is good at hiding the pain. His church family never text him to see if he is ok or what's going on when he misses church either. He is facing so much as such a young age, he needs understanding and support not being judged like this. Please pray these people become more compassionate and understanding, they are doing terrible emotional damage to him.
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Prayers up for all involved...including your church family
            Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Lifting your Mom before the Lord this morning, asking for that special mercy to help her with her declining memory and loss of cognizance.

Praying for strenngh and continued optimum care for your boy in his fight with diabetes and associated ulcerated colitis - hoping the day comes when he will find victory over both.

Lifting your Mom before the Lord this morning, asking for that special mercy to help her with her declining memory and loss of cognizance.

Praying for strenngh and continued optimum care for your boy in his fight with diabetes and associated ulcerated colitis - hoping the day comes when he will find victory over both.

Comment

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
                Both are dealing with alot of medical problems. My mom, Linda, has been loosing her memory and gets confused alot. She hasn't been officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's or dementia yet which is frustrating to us as a family, we feel if she was the doctor's would be more aggressive in their treatment of her. This has been going on for years now. They have tried a medication to help with her memory but she had a bad reaction to it. Seems like most of what they have tried either doesn't work or she has a reaction to it. She is 75 years old. She doesn't live alone but with her husband who is the same age. His memory isn't always that great either but the problems aren't nearly as bad as hers.

My son, Nathan is a type one diabetic and has ulcerative colitis and gastroparesis which means his stomach digest food very slowly and can cause alot of stomach cramping and nausea. He is on insulin for his diabetes but sometimes getting it into his system is a struggle because he is so thin. He has alot of internal scars too from the insulin pump. He feels pretty awful most days.

If you could keep them both in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it.

God bless
                You have my prayers for your mother and for you son.
                sigpic
                ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

I am praying right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X