Dad's mental health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad's mental health

My dad has undiagnosed depression but refuses to get treatment for it. Neither my mom nor my brothers will do anything to try getting him help and there really isn't anything that I can do myself to get him the help that he needs. Needlessly to say, this has weighed very heavily on me. I've had many sleepless nights from worrying about my dad's failing mental health.

He's going through one of his "episodes" tonight. He is so hateful to my mom and treats her awful when he gets like this. My parents fight even more than normal when he is like this and I'm so tired of listening them like this. I know my dad shouldn't treat or talk to my mom the way he does, but she needs to be more understand of his mental health and not fight with him when he gets like this.

Pray for my parents and for myself. I really believe we're being attacked by the enemy.

Also as long as my dad feels like it, he will be taking me to church on Saturday morning for the orientation breakfast. He will be meeting the pastor and a few others. So please pray that he feels like taking me and that a seed will be planted and that he will want to come visit this church after meeting these people.

I pray that the Lord will draw your dad to Himself and bring His peace to your whole household. When you're worrying, try to turn those worries into prayers instead.

Father I lift up LBF to you and ask for your mercy and kindness, that you will guide her and guard her heart and mind against the works of the evil one against her and her family. Please grant that her father will hear Your word in a way that he can understand, so that He can receive You and be healed.
    Love In Christ,
    Tanya

Comment

Praying for your dad and family

Comment

Jesus. Please seep your love into her Father's heart.. Please help him with anger.. and show him how to talk through love and not hatred.. Please Jesus help this family..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
        Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
        SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
        Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
        Daughter & Family
        Vickie & Ashley
        For ALL suffering with ALS
        Moonglow and Nate
        My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
        Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
        Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
        Gary &Cleaveland
        EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
        Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Lord I praise you and thank you for loving your children and dying for us while we were still yet sinners. Thank you Lord. I lift her family up unto you dear Lord.

You love her family and you have a plan for each one. Lord I pray you will wake them up and draw them in. Lord I pray you will pursue her dad without ceasing that you would turn that depression to Joy in you.
          That he would put his heart and hope in you that he would see that the depression is from repressed anger.

Lord teach us to yield our rights and hopes to you. Help us to not to put our expectations in man and things this is idoltry. Causes destructive patterns sinful patterns. They can cause disappointment hurts and grief to be sown in our hearts.

Then unforgiveness can surface because of unresolved anger causing more issues resorting to hate and blame and depression. And even self hatred. Lord if our hearts condemn us you are greater than our hearts.

Teach us your ways - simple truths. Love Jesus love one another...

So we do not trip on destructive feelings and words. When we do the right thing that we know to do, then our feelings become healthy.

Lord teach us to turn from evil thoughts and wrong actions and words and attitudes that we would repent and pray that you would cleanse our hearts and renew a right spirit within us.

When we keep our eyes on you and walk in the light as you are in the light and we fellowship one with another(among believers) Then the blood of Jesus Christ heals us from all sins when we walk in your light.

Teach us to have a soft answer...thank you Lord for you life giving words. bless this daughter give her your peace dear Lord.

Heal us as only you can dear Lord. Break the cycle of destructive behavior in all families. Lord the enemy comes only to kill steal and destroy but you Lord have come to give life more abundantly.

If this family needs to change their eating patterns, I pray this family would eat healthy too Lord.

Lord raise up the marriages strengthen their families I pray for wisdom and knowledge for parents and children raise them all up to love you dear Jesus. That your name be glorified in all the earth through your people dear Lord. That they would bring flory and honor and praise to your name not destructive behavior. Teach us your ways so that we will not sin against you. Heal restore renew the families. Assign godliness and integrity as their body guards.thank you Lord.

Lord bless you living by faith and heal you too

But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you;
          may those who love your salvation always say,
          "The LORD be exalted!" Psalms 40:16
          <><

For God so Loved the World that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believeth on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Comment

Dear Father, I pray for the depression of this dad:

..... Then you shall be healed, and it shall be known to you why His hand is not removed from you. (1Sa 6:3)

In the beautiful Name of Christ Jesus. Amen.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Continue with the prayers. He's acting hyper today. Also pray that he will have a good night and not get sick so he can go with me to my church meeting tomorrow

Comment

Yep i getcha.

Father we pray that you would grant Living by Faith's father grace. Lord we pray that her father would know that you are Almighty and protect him from the world and this depression. Lord grant grace unto this family, Lord put your protection on the sanctity of this marriage and this family. Lord grant sleep and relaxation on this family for you can only bring peace on this earth. In Christ's name. Amen.
                I keep trying to find a life On my own, apart from you I am the king of excuses Ive got one for every selfish thing I do

Comment

Keep the prayers coming. I pray first thing every morning that he will be "normal" and have a good day. But that's not been happening lately.

Comment

I have not stopped

Comment

Jesus listens to all our prayers, do not give up

Comment

My dad is doing much better. He just goes through these spells every so often and it keeps getting harder for us to deal with them. I had a warm sensation come all over my body other night while I was praying fervently about my dad. That was such an amazing experience. I believe it was the next day when my dad started acting normal again.

Comment

Praise HIS Name at all Times....Allelluia

That is testamony that God does hear our prayers...Continue to pray, be faithful to HIS Word, and be patient and wait on the LORD... I do feel for you in this time of distress!!! Feelings and emotions are the "key" buttons that satan pushes...And I gather your Father has not been born-again, so of course satan is having a "party" in trying to destroy him...You be vigilant in your prayers, as we, on this board, will be also.....Prayer DOES WORK!!!!!!

God Bless and may God touch the heart of your family that they can "come to Jesus."
                          John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

[quote=*Living~By~Faith*;1802430]My dad is doing much better. He just goes through these spells every so often and it keeps getting harder for us to deal with them. I had a warm sensation come all over my body other night while I was praying fervently about my dad. That was such an amazing experience. I believe it was the next day when my dad started acting normal again.[/quote]

Praise the Holy Spirit !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X