He's Dying..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's Dying..

My grandpa is dying. I knew it was bad when I found out that he was actually convinced to go to the hospital the other day. He has liver cancer...with a mass over half the size of the liver itself. Nothing can be done at this point...He's back home, starting up hospice today. He has almost no muscle mass left to speak of...he doesn't eat and barely drinks. His communicative abilities are almost completely gone. Seeing him today ripped my heart to shreds. I'll be back over there tomorrow but I dunno how I'm gonna keep myself together in front him if he gets any worse. The nurse believes him to be on the edge of death. What eats me alive is that I never was able to speak with him about Christ...and now there's no real way for me to convey much of anything to him. So with all I have, I ask you to pray for him. Grandma said that long ago, he was a catholic. The knowledge of Christ is in there somewhere. So please...Pray that in these last days of his, the Lord would remind him of the sacrifice that was made on the cross for his salvation..
    Jeremy, a bondservant of the Lord.

Today is a good day to die for Christ.

Praying, Praying

I'm really sorry to hear this....well, maybe he can't communicate, but that shouldn't stop you from praying the "sinners' prayer" with him. Maybe he can hear, I don't know, but, just tell him to recite in his head...If he's not conscious, speak it aloud to him, anyway...it's been said that people can hear in their subconscious. We aren't God, so we don't know. Just the knowledge of Christ won't get you to Heaven...It's the invitation, from each of us, for Christ to come into our hearts and be our Lord and Savior. We have to repent of our sins, and ask for forgiveness of our sins and acknowledge that Christ is the Son of God, HE was crucified, died, and was buried. On the third day, he was resurrrected and sits at the right hand of the Father. That what get's you to Heaven. We can't do it for someone else!!!!

As a former Catholic, I knew who God and Jesus were....I was taught that if you were a good person, and didn't sin too badly and got baptized as a baby.....then, you were going to Heaven....no one told me that I had to sincerely invite Jesus into my heart...Well, as John 14:6 says, Jesus talking, "I am the way, the truth, and the life...no one comes to the Father, but through me."

So, that' why I'm suggesting you pray that prayer aloud...Wonderful, if he can repeat with you, but, as I said, if he can't, then, maybe he can recite in his head....Amen....

You know, for everything there is a season...But, I believe, that if God wants him healed, he WILL be healed...After all, Jesus paid for all of our diesease with HIS stripes at Calvary...So, no matter, sometimes what doctors say, they have been wrong before and there have been miracles!!!!!! Keep your faith....Do the very best that you can in this time of sorrow. Just know, that God is right by your side. Lean on HIM!!!!

God Bless you and your family!!!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

He can't hear much of anything.. All I really can do is pray that he comes to accept Christ in his heart if he hasn't.

And thanks.

Comment

Sorry about your grampa JerAyala! We will make it a point in our daily group prayer to remember you and will pray that the Holy Spirit will confront him about his salvation and the person of Christ. (if it hasn't happened already).

Comment

Originally posted by JerAyala View Post
          My grandpa is dying. I knew it was bad when I found out that he was actually convinced to go to the hospital the other day. He has liver cancer...with a mass over half the size of the liver itself. Nothing can be done at this point...He's back home, starting up hospice today. He has almost no muscle mass left to speak of...he doesn't eat and barely drinks. His communicative abilities are almost completely gone. Seeing him today ripped my heart to shreds. I'll be back over there tomorrow but I dunno how I'm gonna keep myself together in front him if he gets any worse. The nurse believes him to be on the edge of death. What eats me alive is that I never was able to speak with him about Christ...and now there's no real way for me to convey much of anything to him. So with all I have, I ask you to pray for him. Grandma said that long ago, he was a catholic. The knowledge of Christ is in there somewhere. So please...Pray that in these last days of his, the Lord would remind him of the sacrifice that was made on the cross for his salvation..
          Sorry to hear about your grandpa...I'll be praying for you both. Please pray with him and speak to him about Christ. Don't give up that hope though he may seem to be in an uncoscious state.

Comment

I am praying for your grandpa too and for your whole family

Comment

Jesus.. Please hear my prayers for this Grampa.. and his family.. Please Jesus..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
              Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
              SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
              Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
              Daughter & Family
              Vickie & Ashley
              For ALL suffering with ALS
              Moonglow and Nate
              My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
              Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
              Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
              Gary &Cleaveland
              EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
              Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Dear Father in Heaven

You showed me personally many miraculous healings of Jesus Christ. If it is Your will, please heal this grandpa from his cancer.

But knowing this, the crowds followed Him. And He received them and spoke to them of the kingdom of God, and He healed those who had need of healing. (Luk 9:11)

I also pray that the Holy Spirit will convey the salvation and love of Jesus Christ to this grandfather.

In the powerful Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

He accepted Christ...

There are no words for how happy I am right now.

Comment

Oh gosh that's cool. Words cannot describe the feeling i have now.

Father thank youu for your greatest love lavished upon us. Thank you for your love which covers over all our sins. In Christ's name, Amen.
                    I keep trying to find a life On my own, apart from you I am the king of excuses Ive got one for every selfish thing I do

Comment

Praise God Jeremy!Now you can let him rest in our Father's hands.
                      .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                      .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

He's not gonna last much longer. Doubtful he'll make it past the weekend. I keep telling myself not to worry because I'll see him against someday. But as the time draws closer, I still can't help but break down inside. He had no blood ties to me but he took care of me just like I was his own. I couldn't have had a better grandfather than him.

He's slipped into sleep and he most likely won't wake up again...But I'll never forget the last thing he told me...

"I love you Jer."

Comment

Wonderful news Jerayala! Praise the Lord for your gramps salvation... thank you as well for being there for him.

Comment

Oh Jeremy I'm so glad he's with Christ... and so glad he was able to convey his love for you.... and that you have a lifetime of memories of him, and a wonderful example of a great man for a grandpa... I am praying for you and your family.
                            -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                            It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                            So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                            We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                            Warren Barfield

Comment

Originally posted by JerAyala View Post
                              He accepted Christ...

There are no words for how happy I am right now.
                              I praise the Holy Spirit !!!

my God; in Him I will trust (Psa 91:2).

If you have not accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, NOW is the time.

Persevere, pray and be ready for the Return of Christ.

Comment

Working...
                              X