Giving up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Giving up

As I have posted on here recently, I will be out of job in a couple of months. I have done all that I can do to find another one. I have had no luck. What I do not understand, is that I am a faithful follower. I read my bible, I hold tight to scriptures. And, I am a dedicated and hard hard worker. But, people who are not believers and who never dedicated themselves like me, are getting offers and jobs left and right. Some of these people are downright evil. I keep talking with God and praising and thanking. I love Him so much, but I do not see a light. My faith in Him is really being tested. Please, help me.

I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in. I'm praying for you!
    -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
    It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
    So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
    We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
    Warren Barfield

Comment

Don't Give Up!!

Dismiss that spirit that is making you feel as if God isnt going to come thru. God knows exactly what you need and it is on the way in God's time not ours. Keep the faith.

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Deuteronomy 7:9
      Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;

1 Corinthians 1:9
      God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord

1 Corinthians 10:13
      There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Matt. 6: 25-32

25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
      26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
      27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
      28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
      29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
      30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
      31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
      I will sing of your works & your mighty ways
      My Rock & My Salvation
      Who will hide me in the time of trouble?
      Who is like the lord, so full of gace and truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Teacup View Post
        As I have posted on here recently, I will be out of job in a couple of months. I have done all that I can do to find another one. I have had no luck. What I do not understand, is that I am a faithful follower. I read my bible, I hold tight to scriptures. And, I am a dedicated and hard hard worker. But, people who are not believers and who never dedicated themselves like me, are getting offers and jobs left and right. Some of these people are downright evil. I keep talking with God and praising and thanking. I love Him so much, but I do not see a light. My faith in Him is really being tested. Please, help me.
        Teacup... I dont know who you are but I care!

I have been in the pinch you are in since October of 2006! I am waiting for a phone call as I type to find out if I got the latest job I applied for. Let me tell you so you understand.. I really do know how you feel. I have cried into my pillow, I have been all, and I mean ALL alone, I have wondered where God was and why he did it to me (He didn't the devil did). I still have my doubts. I thought this time last year I would end up either in a loony bin, or on the street (Thank God I sold the handgun). That as a result I would forever lose my children and their love too. I cried and cried and cried and cried and.... etc..

Don't quit, don't give up. "Failure is not an option". Make that your refrain. Stay the course in prayer... when the Devil realizes he can't break you, or when God (as with Job) calls an end to the Devils efforts to disprove you. Then the blessings will return MULTI-FOLD.

May I suggest you find a friend of the same sex you can trust and pour your heart out to him in private. By phone if necessary. But find one who will listen rather than interupt and talk back in ignorance of the pain you are in.

DON'T QUIT WE CARE!
        Dragonfighter1
        Vivo est Ministro

Comment

I too can feel your pain and desperation and please know that God does not miss a thing, He knows and He is there for you and will make a way for you ..Now I do not know what way He will make but He will see that you are fed and sheltered and other things that you ttruly stand in need of..

My oldest daughter who is a Christian also was laid off from her job in Nov.of 07

She has so many degrees in various areas that one would think she would be able to get a job quickly but she hasnt

this has been almost one year and she is still putting out resume's and doing her best to keep her home and car plus put food on the table and pay utilities

Before she was laid off the Lord impressed upon her heart to start searching for something else

she did, studied for that , and is now a licensed employee of AFLAC

But that does not meet much of her needs , because one has to build up their customers

that takes time

but since then the Lord has made a way

now in Nov as it stands now she will not have th emoney to make her house payment, car payment or much of anything else

and like you her faith is being tested

because the Lord will test those who are His

now knowing that she will not have money for all of these needs does frighten me at times

and I have prayed and prayed and prayed

yet no answer as of yet about any thing coming in that will secure her being able to pay all that she needs to pay and provide for herself and two sons

and I tell her just dont give up, just keep hanging in there until God answers...I will go and pray for you now and continue to do so along with the others here as God leads

God bless you sis
          Evang.dare
          Last edited by Evangelist Smith; Oct 21st 2008, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I sent a prayer up for you. I hope that you get the job. I just do not understand any of this. I just feel torment and feel abandoned. His silence is killing me.

Comment

Prayers to all my new friends on here.

Comment

I sent a prayer up for you. I hope that you get the job. I just do not understand any of this. I just feel torment and feel abandoned. His silence is killing me.
                he is there and he is not silent.

God uses "love with skin on" to communicate. We are Gods instruments to comfort you. Make yourself more available to Skin covered servants of God, surround your self with them, ask, talk and meet with them. That is a primary purpose of church meetings. Not just to worship but to fellowship!

Many quote Heb 10:25 for a reason to attend church, but that misses out on the preceding verse which will certainly bring you much more comfort.. oh, and by the way... these boards ARE A FORM OF CHURCH.

Heb 10:24-25.
                24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

God Bless
                Dragonfighter1
                Vivo est Ministro

Comment

Father, Thank You that we can come boldly before Your Throne. Thank You that You hear us when we call upon You. Thank You for caring so much for every detail in our lives.
                  Lord, please lead Teacup to a job. Father, more than that, fill her heart with peace as she waits on You. Lord let us all be reminded that You provide for our daily needs and You have told us not to worry about tomorrow.
                  Thank You Lord for protecting Teacup from being caught up in the world alongside those who taking what they can from this evil world and never finding satisfaction. Lord may Teacup find her peace only in You.
                  May Teacup's faith be strengthened as she waits on You.
                  In Jesus Name...Amen
                  .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                  .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Teacup..do not loose your faith..and keep praying.. Jesus Please help Teacup find that job he needs so badly..

Jesus please hear my prayers always for..

Lorie & Her Son's Matty & Josh
                    Mieke & Charles,Vhayes & her Husband
                    SteelerBabe,Ken, Gracie, Mike
                    Colo & Famiy & MercyChild
                    Daughter & Family
                    Vickie & Ashley
                    For ALL suffering with ALS
                    Moonglow and Nate
                    My Brother Greg, and Sister Victoria, Dad & Cecilia
                    Maureen and her Sons Kevin & Keith
                    Kevin & Gwen, Ron & Angel
                    Gary &Cleaveland
                    EVERYONE here at the BibleForums
                    Please Jesus hear my prayers...

***GOD BLESS***

Redneck Charger..

Comment

Praying for a good job for you, knowing that our Lord's plan for you surpasses anything in this temporal world.

Comment

Alright now....Let's put on the "whole armour of God," not just a piece here and their!!Amen!!! Ok, we all go through trials and tribulations, and I'm sure praying for you in yours; however, you better let the devil know who's in charge of your life...it ain't you, it ain't him, but it's the Almighty God!!! Yep, the same one who parted the red sea, the same one who raised the dead, the same one who kicked satan's behind out of Heaven...Glory to God. Now, if HE did and continues to do these kind of miracles, don't you think HE will get you the job you deserve?!!!!! I know my God!!! HE has tested my patience, at times, but you know what, for what HE provided to me and you(JESUS' BLOOD ON THE CROSS), I could never, ever, think HE is not on the job!!!!

So, you put on the Word in music, on tv, on the pc, in the car, read the Word, pray like there's no tomorrow, cause there might not be, and know that we serve an awesome God....yes, we do...thank you Father for always keeping watch over us, never slumbering, but constantly watching out for our welfare. Glory to your mighty NAME, JEHOVAH!!!
                        John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Teacup,

Be strong in the Lord.
                          He is never early and never late.
                          He will see you through.

Praying for you.

God bless.
                          "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

{ Psalm 46:10 }

Comment

I have been sitting her after reading your post once again and quietly praying for you and when I had finished the Lord impressed upon my heart these scriptures

Fear thou not, for I AM with thee
                            be not dismayed for I AM thy God
                            I will strengthen thee
                            yea I will help thee
                            yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness

For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand saying unto thee
                            I will help thee

God bless you sis and hang in there
                            the Lord is with you and for you sis

keep the faith and press on there is a better day coming
                            Let us hope in the Lord

In His Service,
                            Evang.dare

Comment

Well, I have not had anybody call for an interview. I have my resume out there. My dream job has had 2300 applications submitted. Could there be a miracle for me? I cannot see anything happen, but God is with me. I have to believe in Him. Please, keep praying. And, keep feeding me scripture.

Comment

Working...
                              X