My Salvation Testimony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Salvation Testimony

I went forty years without Christ, "years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not my Lord was crucified..."

Then the Lord sent an online witness, someone who took the time to tell me about Jesus, and how to get saved. The witness was patient, conversing with me over a period of three years, yet I kept rejecting the message. I kept rejecting God.

So, the Lord used a stronger persuasion: I received bad news about a couple of medical tests I had undergone, and suddenly I wasn't as confident in my own ability to handle my life, my way. Suddenly I knew I wasn't in control of my life. I was mortal, I could die.

Not long after, I woke up in bed one morning, with tears running down my face, and knew what I needed to do: I gave myself to my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, just Him and me in that bedroom.

I've never regretted it, ever.
    If the Book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? ... Are these correctors of Scriptures infallible? Is it certain that our Bibles are not right, but that the critics must be so? ... We shall gradually be so bedoubted and be criticized that only a few of the most profound will know what is Bible and what is not, and they will dictate to the rest of us. I have no more faith in their mercy than in their accuracy... and we are fully assured that our old English version of the Scriptures is sufficient for plain men for all purposes of life, salvation, and goodness. - C.H.Spurgeon

Praise the Lord, for He is good
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

Amen!! Our God is so great

Comment

Amen and Amen!

Where would any of us be without His mercy and grace?
        If the Book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? ... Are these correctors of Scriptures infallible? Is it certain that our Bibles are not right, but that the critics must be so? ... We shall gradually be so bedoubted and be criticized that only a few of the most profound will know what is Bible and what is not, and they will dictate to the rest of us. I have no more faith in their mercy than in their accuracy... and we are fully assured that our old English version of the Scriptures is sufficient for plain men for all purposes of life, salvation, and goodness. - C.H.Spurgeon

Comment

Three years - wow. That's great, fuzzi.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Comment

Welcome brother it is always encouraging to hear the conclusion to the seeds and watering that have been sown in peoples lives may God continue to transform your life as you grow and prosper.

Peace

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by TrustGzus View Post
              Three years - wow. That's great, fuzzi.
              I know. What a testimony he has, too, of patience, not being weary of well-doing!

Originally posted by Sam07 View Post
              Welcome brother it is always encouraging to hear the conclusion to the seeds and watering that have been sown in peoples lives may God continue to transform your life as you grow and prosper.
              Thank you, Sam, for your encouraging words.

BTW, I am a, er, 'sister', but that's okay. 'fuzzi' isn't exactly a feminine name, hmm?

Comment

Your testimony has been a blessing to me, thanks so much for sharing.
                God bless

Comment

Working...
                X