Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your prayer, regularly answered by God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your prayer, regularly answered by God?

Mat 7:11 If you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

For years, I struggled with this scripture and could not understand why Christians get everything, they ask for. I approached God and begged Him things I wanted in my life, but the prayers were not, answered. Because of the unfulfilled prayers, I began to fall away and believed that God had favorites. My apostate state blinded my eyes so that I could not understand the script. I became furious and withdrew from God and the church. It was unacceptable to me that some are prosperous and I am not. My reasoning was; what are they better than I am, and what do they do better than I do? The script's; God is not a respecter of the person. I began to doubt the script and believed that it was not so. When I saw the luxury of saints, I was puffed up and upset with God. For years, I have run with this discontent, and have sought the prosperity of the saints.

I got a ride from a brother who took me home with his car. As I talk to him, I decide that I want to reveal my displeasure to the brother. I tell him about my lack and the unhappiness in my heart that I feel like one who is going through tribulation whiles my prayers are, not answered. The brother tries to reassure me and tells me about the persecution our brothers are going through in China. Immediately, I went up and became furious at the brother who now disappointed me with an answer I did not want. I wanted to hear that he had to sympathize with me and give good advice that would make me feel positive. After the reassurance I gained, I was unhappy and just moved further backward in my mental knowledge. The counsel was unacceptable because I sought a comfortable life without persecution, and wanted to enrich myself in the worldly desires that satisfy the soul.

I started wandering around and gained no stability in my life. There was a soul struggle in me, which drove me to suicide. I could not understand God's word for why I could not get the things I wanted. I spoke to the Lord and said; maybe there is a God, who loves me, better than He is. At that moment I get a vision, and the Lord shows me, go, wherever I want, to meet this God I think is there. I move into the darkness and look back, what I see, God alone. I move on and want to meet my God: I look back and see God, alone. The writing comes to me and I understand; there is no God but the God of the saints. There I realize there is only one God who loves me and supports me in my circumstances. I found comfort and my faith returned to me.

After further Bible study, regarding the answer, to my prayer, I came across the following scripture, which greatly strengthened me and declared the will of God.

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have boldness toward God;
    1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask, we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight.

This script made me think and do introspection in my own life. I had to get rid of the sin that was the cause of my displeasure. I realized that sin is a dividing wall and unacceptable to God.

Isaiah 59: 1 Behold, the hand of Jehovah is not shortened to help, neither is his ear heavy to hear;
    Isaiah 59: 2 But your iniquities have become a barrier between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

I have decided over the years that if it is God's will for me to live as He wills, I will submit to His will. I began to make peace with what others have and began to delight in the word. I made a decision as Jesus said; you cannot serve God and Mammon. Today I can also say like Christ; the world has nothing on me. Today, I live under the blessings of God as David says: Lord don't give me too little and don't give me too much so I leave you.

One of the fastest answered prayers was at a time that our finances were so low. Due to a financial emergency, we had nothing (literally) and payday was in the middle of the week coming up. I had to get to church for Sunday and to work Monday-Wednesday too and my truck was so low in fuel, I would be able to get by Sunday and Monday but on Tuesday, I would basically run out on the way into work, definitely on the way home from work. So... Saturday night, my wife and I prayed and later in the night during my alone time with God, sitting on the tailgate, prayed more. I know my wife was praying more also. I thought about calling someone from work on Sunday and inform them of a need for a ride but, did not.

Sunday church is ending and during the fellowshipping after the service, a church member comes up to me, gives me a hug and hands me a $50. They said, God is prompting me to give this to you. This person didn't even know why the funds were needed, let alone "that" I had such a need.

I started crying, right there.
    Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by angelmike View Post

I started wandering around and gained no stability in my life. There was a soul struggle in me, which drove me to suicide. I could not understand God's word for why I could not get the things I wanted. I spoke to the Lord and said; maybe there is a God, who loves me, better than He is. At that moment I get a vision, and the Lord shows me, go, wherever I want, to meet this God I think is there. I move into the darkness and look back, what I see, God alone. I move on and want to meet my God: I look back and see God, alone. The writing comes to me and I understand; there is no God but the God of the saints. There I realize there is only one God who loves me and supports me in my circumstances. I found comfort and my faith returned to me.

After further Bible study, regarding the answer, to my prayer, I came across the following scripture, which greatly strengthened me and declared the will of God.

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have boldness toward God;
      1 John 3:22 And whatever we ask, we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight.

This script made me think and do introspection in my own life. I had to get rid of the sin that was the cause of my displeasure. I realized that sin is a dividing wall and unacceptable to God.

Isaiah 59: 1 Behold, the hand of Jehovah is not shortened to help, neither is his ear heavy to hear;
      Isaiah 59: 2 But your iniquities have become a barrier between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

I have decided over the years that if it is God's will for me to live as He wills, I will submit to His will. I began to make peace with what others have and began to delight in the word. I made a decision as Jesus said; you cannot serve God and Mammon. Today I can also say like Christ; the world has nothing on me. Today, I live under the blessings of God as David says: Lord don't give me too little and don't give me too much so I leave you.
      Now that I got that quick testimony out of the way, I'll respond to this portion.

Concerning the portion of testimony where you were not walking in the steps God has for you (I didn't leave that part in the quote), when you were in sin... yeah, sin will give one who has chosen to believe in Christ, a WHOLE wrong view of God and "His" intent/meaning of scripture.

Once you were convicted in the manner in which He utilized to convict you, when we "see" God for who He truly is and who we truly are and how we are not aligned with Him... we "see" completely differently. Even when we don't understand, we still "see" as God intends for us to see Him. This is when our faith is effectual. Does this mean we can declare fleshly (my wants)… nope. God will always provide for our needs and when wants outweighs need and the provision is not enough, God isn't gonna increase provision. He will help us SEE our error and it is up to us to return to a place were we are satisfied with the provision He provides for out needs. He will help us with such a "heart" change and there will not be any "desire" to keep up with the Jones (persee). From there He can give increase, when we are aligned as He wants (keeping His commandments and doing what is pleasing to Him).

Why, because not only OUR needs, but the needs of others and even His needs, to get Kingdom work accomplished. We are in the world, it takes money to do ministry and with the responsibility of greater ministry (reap greater), then in comes greater provision (literally, more money). Not for our wants... it's for the NEEDS, to fund the greater ministry :-)

Also, in reading your whole post, a thought I had was about being carnal. Both the lost and "babes" in Christ, can be carnal. Through a desire to "grow," carnal thoughts and actions by babes in Christ, will end in time.
      Slug1--out

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Great testimony bro, thanks for sharing!

The thing I finally realized about all those Christians who are very well off is that their prosperity may not necessarily come from God. They may have been blessed with a good business sense or work ethic and have simply attained prosperity on their own, without God's help. No doubt there are some who have been blessed by God; but we're all different parts of one body and we're not all destined for material wealth. On the other hand, I do believe God wants us all to prosper to the degree we're able to handle it responsibly.
        Love is patient, love is kind. . .

Comment

A really great subject. I could write a book on it, because so many, including myself, have gone through what you've gone through. Yes, God hears and answers our prayers when they are prayed in the right spirit, for the glory of God and therefore, in the will of God. Since we don't always know what God's will is, we just pray, wanting God's will to be done. We know that He hears us and will respond affirmatively to the *intent of our heart.* That is key.

Beyond this we should just accept that we don't always pray right. Sometimes we pray what we want, and not what God wants. Sometimes God actually doesn't wish to heal people. We know that. The explanation as to why things happen to people, through the generations and accompanying consequences, would require a computer to just begin to understand. We inherit our parents' heritage, which involves good things and bad things. We are their fruit, and thus are ordained of God to exemplify that fruit, for better or worse. We just need to accept it.

The torment of my confusion has long ago gone away. It began with discovering my attitude was bad every time I questioned God. But He does understand our emotional upsets and our pains. Just know this, God does hear your prayers and your agony. And you may be surprised over time that things you thought God was not answering will actually be answered. I've certainly seen it in my own life, and could testify, in detail, about it. Don't give up. God has no favorites. He loves you just like He loves Jesus--just like He loves anybody else.

Comment

Working...
          X