I picked a magazine off the pavement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked a magazine off the pavement

In the 70s I worked in London in a tough job doing long hours, if I didn't get the tube home I walked the 6-7 miles home. One time I saw a magazine with blazened headlines "God loves YOU He wants to bless YOU. I thought I can handle some of that. Being brought up RC many of the sermon articles were about the difference between religion and salvation, one being formalities and rituals the other about the new inner life of Christ. Wow, I liked that.

I wrote off for further copies and soon they arrived, now it was an American magazine [God bless America] and published bi-monthly and shipped over which meant that it would arrive anytime between 6 and 10 weeks.

But I always knew while travelling home that my magazine had arrived, I mean I KNEW. One day I knew it had come but when I checked my mail ...no magazine, I was disappointed. I lived in a hostel for junior management with about 30 other guys from all over the country. After supper a mate of mine burst into my room and "said hey sorry mate your magazine has been puzzling me for months and when I saw it in the post I couldn't restrain myself any longer and I nicked it and read it...sorry, here it is."

Eventually, to cut a long story short, I was saved through the testimony of that magazine one May morning in 1978. 42 years later here I am, still loving the Lord.

Hello Billy,
    What was the name of the magazine?
    Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

Working...
    X