Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond your salvation, what is the greatest miracle you ever experienced from Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond your salvation, what is the greatest miracle you ever experienced from Christ?

I have many to share if you do.

Devine Protection .

Me my wife and young son were eating at the kitchen table and storm started with very loud thunder . My son was getting scared and we said God will protect us and about a minute later BOOM ! The house was struck , the breaker popped on the window air conditioner that was right next to us . All of our electronics were blown up and the drain trap on the bath tub had all debris blown out and stuck to the ceiling . Outside the house we found a hole blown in the cast iron septic tank pipe and the gas line to our propane tank had about 4 inchs of it that were melted and misshaped from the lightning .We later found out the ground was NOT hooked up at our power meter . Praise the Lord we are still here !

I have more examples , which is greatest I don't know .

Comment

Divine Providence

I quit my career because it led away from following Christ and began living the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 6:24-34. I began working unskilled part-time jobs as unto the Lord. And I retired early from my own pocket. I experienced two job closings on Fridays but went to work the next Monday both times. Haven't had a doctor since the 1980s. Never missed a day of work being sick. Enjoy a comfortable retirement and still happily married to my only wife.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkman View Post
        Devine Protection .

Me my wife and young son were eating at the kitchen table and storm started with very loud thunder . My son was getting scared and we said God will protect us and about a minute later BOOM ! The house was struck , the breaker popped on the window air conditioner that was right next to us . All of our electronics were blown up and the drain trap on the bath tub had all debris blown out and stuck to the ceiling . Outside the house we found a hole blown in the cast iron septic tank pipe and the gas line to our propane tank had about 4 inchs of it that were melted and misshaped from the lightning .We later found out the ground was NOT hooked up at our power meter . Praise the Lord we are still here !

I have more examples , which is greatest I don't know .
        I had a similar experience in God's providence. It was a warm November day instead of the usual 30 - 40 degrees. And I set out to take a motorbike cruise through the countryside. I noticed the wet leaves on the road and thought I should do something else instead. A tornado had developed and cut through the area I normally rode in. I felt certain I would have been a casualty had I went ahead with my plans instead. As the sirens went off, I drove to the supermarket to collect my wife. I saw it moving NE into the area I would have been in.

Comment

I am hoping more will share unique experiences of God's providence. I have some more but prefer hearing from others.

Comment

God's timing and a dream .

We are delving into the supernatural things of God so we will talk about a dream I had . Not a long dream that involved my wife and I and an unknown gun man . In the dream my wife and I were outside our car but going around the car being stalked by the gunman with no way to escape . I awoke from this dream in jerk and a cold sweat . I told my wife about the dream because I have had a dream to play out in reality .It was troubling .

At least once a year my wife and I make a trip of about an hour to local community college and get our teeth cleaned by dental students , we save some money and give the students some practical work experience . On the day we were suppose to be there early in the morning for our appointment we could not get things in order to leave the house no matter how we tried , so we left a lot latter than intended .

About half way to our destination at a cross roads on the highway we see a large presence of law enforcement and cars stopped some with windows that looked to be shot with a gun ! And people beside their cars sitting or laying down , our view was blocked . My thoughts went back to my dream of the gunman . If we had left home earlier it might have been us that was victims of the gunman .

We went on to our dental appointment just barely getting there in time . When you are called back for your cleaning the first thing the student does is check your blood pressure . My wife's BP was too high and they would not clean her teeth but my BP was good and the student went to work on me . Most of the time they are done with you by 10:30 or 11 but not today for me it was 12 before I was out of there . We knew nothing more than what we saw of the highway shooting , so we started home back through were the shooting had been . Little did we know the shooter had left and came back again to the same place ! When we got closer to the incident area we were rerouted by highway workers blocking the road and we got lost but finally got home after stopping and looking at road maps and getting our bearings right . Our trip timing took us through a window of time that we missed the gunman twice .

I will give you some links to what happened that day . https://abc3340.com/news/local/bloun...ect-identified

https://www.wbrc.com/story/31760126/...-in-blount-co/

Comment

Originally posted by hawkman View Post
              God's timing and a dream .

We are delving into the supernatural things of God so we will talk about a dream I had . Not a long dream that involved my wife and I and an unknown gun man . In the dream my wife and I were outside our car but going around the car being stalked by the gunman with no way to escape . I awoke from this dream in jerk and a cold sweat . I told my wife about the dream because I have had a dream to play out in reality .It was troubling .

At least once a year my wife and I make a trip of about an hour to local community college and get our teeth cleaned by dental students , we save some money and give the students some practical work experience . On the day we were suppose to be there early in the morning for our appointment we could not get things in order to leave the house no matter how we tried , so we left a lot latter than intended .

About half way to our destination at a cross roads on the highway we see a large presence of law enforcement and cars stopped some with windows that looked to be shot with a gun ! And people beside their cars sitting or laying down , our view was blocked . My thoughts went back to my dream of the gunman . If we had left home earlier it might have been us that was victims of the gunman .

We went on to our dental appointment just barely getting there in time . When you are called back for your cleaning the first thing the student does is check your blood pressure . My wife's BP was too high and they would not clean her teeth but my BP was good and the student went to work on me . Most of the time they are done with you by 10:30 or 11 but not today for me it was 12 before I was out of there . We knew nothing more than what we saw of the highway shooting , so we started home back through were the shooting had been . Little did we know the shooter had left and came back again to the same place ! When we got closer to the incident area we were rerouted by highway workers blocking the road and we got lost but finally got home after stopping and looking at road maps and getting our bearings right . Our trip timing took us through a window of time that we missed the gunman twice .

I will give you some links to what happened that day . https://abc3340.com/news/local/bloun...ect-identified

https://www.wbrc.com/story/31760126/...-in-blount-co/
              Wow!! Talk about God's providence. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

I went to London England to play in a band. It was going well but leading me away from my wife and the Lord. So I quit after a few months. I was then stranded. So I did session work for a publisher and wrote songs. Years earlier I wrote a song about scrapping my life and going to the north woods to become a hermit. The publisher was producing a movie with the same theme and took the song and some others. This gave us plane tickets and we returned to America. This is where my testimony about living the Sermon on the Mount as a career begins. https://bibleforums.org/forum/christ...47#post2727747

Comment

One that comes to mind when topics like this pop up is when some years ago while I was an elder in a church God had me serving. At the time we were doing an early service at a hotel in a town about 20 miles from our church building and soon as that service was done, pack up all the gear (mainly worship team stuff) and go back to the church building for the regular 10Am service. During a service we had a going away celebration for a family that were soon to move away.

I noticed a little girl I knew looking over the cupcakes but wouldn't take any that were offered. I asked her mother if she was allowed to have a cupcake and she informed me that she had a sore throat and after the service, she was going to take the child to an Urgent Care in town. She wasn't "sick" in the sense of being dragged out but didn't want to even talk due to the soreness and hadn't even ate her breakfast, only drank some milk. I asked the mother if it was OK to anoint the child and pray for healing.

So, I got the oil, sat down on the floor while I informed the girl that I had spoken with her mother and that I was to anoint her and pray for her healing. Informing her also that God is the greatest of healers. She nodded after looking at her mom, who stood by watching.

I simply anointed her throat and while laying a hand on her throat, prayed for God to heal her. Then I gave her a hug and watched her go to her mom and hold onto her. She was a shy child too.

I then got busy helping the worship team pack up all the gear and while I was outside the hotel packing the trailer. I saw that child running to their car with her siblings. I also saw that the mother was coming up to me. She informed me that about a minute after the prayer, the child was eating a cupcake and talking normal. We both teared up in that parking lot praising God.
                  --
                  Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

We were in a recession and going under during the 80s farm crisis. I was a foreman. The industrial mechanic walked out. We had no chance without him. But I took a swing at it. One machine, in particular, was impossible to get by without. The Lord gave me the wisdom to keep all the machines running without any training whatsoever. Today, being retired it seems I can't fix a thing. And it tells me how miraculous the machine repair in those days was.

I actually learned to repair industrial robots and computers by talking to tech service as they walked me through repairs on the high tech stuff. And later made a living at it at ridiculously high prices.

Comment

We were in a recession and going under during the 80s farm crisis. I was a foreman. The industrial mechanic walked out. We had no chance without him. But I took a swing at it. One machine, in particular, was impossible to get by without. The Lord gave me the wisdom to keep all the machines running without any training whatsoever. Today, being retired it seems I can't fix a thing. And it tells me how miraculous the machine repair in those days was.

I actually learned to repair industrial robots and computers by talking to tech service as they walked me through repairs on the high tech stuff. And later made a living at it at ridiculously high prices.

Comment

I was in a Word of Faith cult that ended up killing over 100 people who had easily treatable diseases. If you asked God to heal you, you sinned if you went to a doctor... so to speak.

They were teaching against the doctrine of limited atonement. It was the first time I ever heard of it. But as they chiseled away trying to debunk it, God opened my heart to understand it. That was the last time I visited that church. I knew that if the doctrine was true, everything they said about healing and salvation was false. A year or so later God's wrath fell and some of the worst judgments followed.

Comment

As a factory manager, the owners wanted me to up the daily production. I told them I could get a fair amount of work for a fair wage. That would amount to a factory-wide raise for all employees. I felt I would be stealing without it. So they came through, but it meant I was on my way out. I was in my 50s and finding a job would be hard. Long story short. God landed me in a job that paid more, had better benefits, and provided early retirement from my own pocket. That job ended but I had another job offer I could have accepted. But chose to enjoy the retirement instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave L View Post
                            I was in a Word of Faith cult that ended up killing over 100 people who had easily treatable diseases. If you asked God to heal you, you sinned if you went to a doctor... so to speak.

They were teaching against the doctrine of limited atonement. It was the first time I ever heard of it. But as they chiseled away trying to debunk it, God opened my heart to understand it. That was the last time I visited that church. I knew that if the doctrine was true, everything they said about healing and salvation was false. A year or so later God's wrath fell and some of the worst judgments followed.
                            I would suggest that if you want this thread to thrive, we only speak of God's miraculous move.

I do understand how WoF is false and God's move is of wrath against those who prey on the innocent by twisting scripture. Again, if you want this thread to be glorifying... I suggest that when a testimony speaks of God's empowerment, don't COUNTER it with works of demons. Such posts leads one to believe you are purposely trying to raise demonic works OVER God's works in effort to say, God doesn't empower His Body.
                            --
                            Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post

I would suggest that if you want this thread to thrive, we only speak of God's miraculous move.

I do understand how WoF is false and God's move is of wrath against those who prey on the innocent by twisting scripture. Again, if you want this thread to be glorifying... I suggest that when a testimony speaks of God's empowerment, don't COUNTER it with works of demons. Such posts leads one to believe you are purposely trying to raise demonic works OVER God's works in effort to say, God doesn't empower His Body.
                              This is real. And it shows how you need to fear the Lord and not pull things out of thin air when claiming miracles. This was a great outpouring of His wrath. But the miracle was in hearing the doctrine of limited atonement that delivered me and my family from this senseless disaster.

Comment

Working...
                              X