Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukewarm Christian no more

Hello!

My testimony is small, but it's worth telling.

I've been a born-again Christian since I was about 10. Religious fervor has waxed and waned in my life, and after a severe bout of depression (which was cured almost instantly by attending prayer-soaking meetings, by the way) it's slowly been waxing again.

Tonight, I received a jolt that has convinced me to pick up my Bible and prayer list and get back on track FOR GOOD.

My campus invited a famous mentalist duo to give a free show tonight. I figured, why not? Magicians, illusions, sleight of hand, right?

Nope.

While parts of the show might have been just staging, there were parts that I knew down in my soul were divination. Specifically, the parts that were name guessing. Every time Mrs. Mentalist correctly guessed a name of an audience member (which was all 30 or so times), something in my spirit was deeply unsettled.

I tried to convince myself for two hours that I was bothered because my oh-so-superior intellect couldn't rationalize what I was watching, that I was being paranoid, that I was just as bad as the judges who cried "Witch!" centuries ago. When I finally talked about it with my sister (the strongest Christian I know), she suggested that Mrs. Mentalist was working with a familiar spirit.

Like I said earlier, I received a jolt. There was a time a few years ago when I would have recognized a familiar spirit and been able to rebuke it. I used to be able to sense demons (I was 11 when I walked into a store at the mall and walked right out again because there was a demon in it--I was still too young a Christian to understand rebuking them) I see now how far I've wandered from my relationship with God and tonight I go back to Him. And this time, there will be no drifting away.

Thank you for sharing I pray you continue to grow in your Walk with the Lord
    The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23

Comment

It is good to see God is in your heart. I hope and pray you will keep desiring Him to be there and use His gift discernably and for the benefit of those around you.
      "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
      -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Wow, you had an unique experience. Thanks for sharing. Don't forget to put on the full armor of God Epesian 6:10, as you go through life and Satan's henchmen trying to trip you up. You sound strong though, by recognizing you were not watching a simple magic trick. Good For YOU!

take care,
        YSIC

Julie

Comment

Working...
        X