A tale of two tongues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of two tongues

Awhile back.... a few years back.... I was lead to a place quite new to me. It was an energized place. I mean, it was a continuous multi week, hunger, search and find experience with Holy Spirit. I was energized with seeking Him......Jesus above and beyond my normal routine existence..... and I found myself searching for a church that permitted....... "my house shall be called a house of prayer"....... situations. I would go to a church, listening and looking for the personal prayer friendly ones. The ones who were open to people praying to the Savior..... without guidance. When I went to a different church I would ask someone, "do you work at this church? great ! Service tonight ? Great.....! Where can I go to pray (to set my mind and heart of the things of God ?? Everyone else here was doing their service preparation stuff....... ushers, musicians, staff, sound check guys, whomever. I just wanted to do mine. To be able to pray to Yeshua, King Jesus ...... and our Father....... to commune with the Holy Spirit for as long as I could, before this "service" started.

At the begining of "this time", I would come to the church about twenty minutes before service started...... and by the end of my "few week" experience ...... I was coming 2 hours before the service. It was a glorious time! I was lost in prayer and fellowship during that time and for those few weeks......and the sound of the church service starting was often not a joyous sound. It was soo much better to commune with the one whom the service was for, than to go into the service. That was a wonderful time !!

Quite a few things happened to me during that period. The following story is one of them.

I wasn't planning on saying anything.... but the thread in "Bible Chat" about ..... tongues.......that just keeps growing....and growing and growing......brought it up to me. And I felt I should tell this .....

-------------------------------------------------------

So, this one Wednesday night I hop in the old vehicle and head out to a strong, charismatic, Pentecostal, 1000 member church that's in town. I had been going there for a few weeks because they were in my christian belief vein, and they had an unused room that I could pray in before the service. Well, when I get there..... nuthin. It's closed ! I mean, they aren't having a service cuz they are on ......."summer schedule" !!??.... like whats that? Anyways, I was kind of disappointed and started driving...and praying...thinking..."where should I go Lord"....and as I'm driving along..... I remember, this one church thats just down the road from where I was.....so I go there, and yea.....they are having a service......woo hoo.....!! I go in.

So, all in all it was OK...... nothing really grabbed me....the songs were ok.....the message was standard.....but then.... at the end.....they called this guy up to the front to pray for him (he was about 55 or so)...... and my spirit lept inside of me. I began to intently listen, and they said that this elder guy....was leaving TOMORROW...... on a jet to NORWAY and a couple other Scandanavian countries to minister....and they wanted to "send" him off with prayer.

I could feel the spirit in me just gearin up for something.... but I wasn't sure what. So..... all these church elders came up and lay hands on the guy and pray their prayers...... one after another.... until each had given their blessing....... and I'm sitting there ready to jump out of my seat....... and the Lord says....."not yet....not yet"....

So, that part of the service is over now and the guy,who is going to Norway is sitting at the back of the church.... and the Lord says....."go pray for Him now".... so I go over there....say hello.... and ask him if I can pray for him. He says "sure"....and sits there while I sit next to him, put my hand on his shoulder and pray.....my little prayer...... (it was in english).....

I get up and go back to my seat.....but I'm feeling .....like I missed it..... uh..... like something is not quite right.......... I sit down again..... and keep thinking I need to go back and pray for him again.
    "Oh great Lord, the guys gonna think I'm a kook"....... but.... I get nothing else, so I go back over there, go up to him and tell him......"uh...... I think I missed it the first time.....could I pray for you again?"

And he graciously says ....OK.... and..... (now I'm listening intently)...... I tell him to stand up...in front of me..... and I take his hands in my hands ..... and I look him in the eye..... and I just start powering this PRAYER IN TONGUES....... AND HE'S STARING ME RIGHT IN THE EYES...... and God's spirit says to me.... "put your hand on his heart"..... (and I hear it at the same time as my mouth is praying)........ so I put my hand on his chest and I'm rippin out this prayer in a spirit language..... and looking right at him....and The Spirit says....."put your hand on his forehead"......so I do..... and I can sense .....all these....."ELDERS" ..... coming over.......like the cops or something and they are considering grabbing me. But Gods timing is perfect and I finish.......say, "God Bless You" to the guy.....and walk out of the church.

So maybe a month passes, and since I don't attend that church regularly....of course I don't see that guy....but then this one day..... I'm goin into the bank.....and guess who is coming out at exactly the same time.......Ya.....the guy who went to NORWAY.....and he sees me..... and locks on !.....and comes right over !! And he's super excited!!

And I say, " you remember me?" and he says...."OH YES".......and he proceeds to tell me all about his trip...... about his crazy fantastic ministry, and healings, and miracles...... and how it started before he even left the country..... people on his plane were falling under conviction and he was preaching Jesus to them....with results !! Wow!! He was excited just thinking about it !! I spent some minutes with the guy before we had to go our ways.

The letter kills but the spirit gives life.

It's amazing how God doesn't leave any loose ends. He is so perfect in His timing and planning.

We really can "RELAX" in Him...... and have wonderful exploits.

Who am I? Nobody.... just the guy who God used that one particular night..... to impart .....into the guy who was going to Norway...... a spark of power.......faith even !!

What a joy to be used like that !!

Re: A tale of two tongues

I enjoy reading your experiences along with your thought process. Its very inspiring and encouraging. I was especially glad to have found your post about the -" two spirits ..". The power of God within us is a whole other ballgame most of us do not realize, especially when it comes to dealing with darkness, "casting out demons"..etc. We just gotta SPEAK LIGHT! Its not like you even said much either.. Just nonchalant like.. Incredible!! Mysteries of God are continually revealed to those who love Him! Thanks so much for sharing! Stay bold out there!!

Comment

Working...
    X