Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is a $29.00 phone case more valuable than a $629.00 guitar amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a $29.00 phone case more valuable than a $629.00 guitar amp?

I posted this in the guitar building thread, but maybe it should go here.....

I gotta tell you guys a story about something that happened to me this weekend. Back in July my wife ordered a nice case from Amazon for her new phone; the tracking said it was delivered to our PO Box, but it never came.

This past Saturday morning I went to my storage unit (we sold our house and are building a smaller one) and discovered the master lock was hanging out. (The door has a remote and a keypad, the management has a key to unlock a cable that disconnects the opener).

Someone had disconnected the door opener so they could push up on the door and it would open. Someone stole my Marshall DSL40C, a small Visio smart TV and a small air compressor. Of course my insurance has a $1000.00 deductible so a complete loss here.

That was at about 11:00 AM. I called in a police report with the SN’s. The wierd thing is that I was almost nonaffect about it. I didn’t feel anger or even victimized. The garage neighbor next to my garage also had his cable lock hanging out so I had the management contact him also. (I disconnected the cable lock from both my garages that day).

So I don’t expect any of this to turn up, it’s just gone.

I kept thinking about Scriptures about not having too much of my soul invested in “worldly treasures” and it brought me a lot of peace. I thanked God that He kept my electronics bench equipment and the rest of the stuff I had in there safe. I really felt peace with God about this, and I was just wondering what He would have to teach me about this.

At 2:30 I went to check my mail, and in my mail box was this package and some mail. When I opened the package, there was this phone case in it. I assumed my wife bought another one and gave it to her. But then she said “I didn’t order a case.” I thought that was weird until I checked the date on the package - July 6.

Now I know this might not seem much to the casual reader, but I saw God’s fingerprints all over that. A couple hours after I get robbed, a phone case we ordered in July shows up? And the packaging was pristine, like it wasn’t laying on the bottom of some mail bag for 4 months.

I just knew this was a “get well card” from God. It just tickled me to death that God would do such a thing to show me He cares. It was intimate and personal and I can’t even describe the joy of having our Father cause this to happen.

So Sunday we went to church (we’re in Exodus) and the message was on Exodus 15 starting with verse 22. Bitter waters. In the Bible, the Israelites grumbled at Moses. Now I know their need was existential, but the narrative of the sermon was that God “tests us to grow us.” It’s about our response to circumstances that reveals our trust and growth in the Lord.

That was an amazing sermon for me - and I thought about my response to the theft - I really felt close to God Saturday and I really felt grateful to God also. Maybe I did ok on this test, and God kindly answered with that phone case.

Anyway I named the story “When is a $29.00 phone case more valuable than a $629.00 guitar amp?”

Be blessed my friends.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Re: When is a $29.00 phone case more valuable than a $629.00 guitar amp?

When you view it as a get well card straight from God. What a sweet testament to our Lord's tender mercies toward us. Thank you for sharing!
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

I can’t afford to replace what was stolen at this time, and that hurts, but I forgive the thief/thieves who stole this item (and a lot more actually) and pray for their repentance and salvation.
      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

I have seen this in my own life when God has poured out grace into me and I acted in a way somewhat contrary to my normal nature. Thank God that we can forgive as we have been forgiven.

I am sorry that you lost the guitar stuff, but think of the treasure in heaven and how my LORD is changing our hearts; that is truly and eternally valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553
          I can’t afford to replace what was stolen at this time, and that hurts, but I forgive the thief/thieves who stole this item (and a lot more actually) and pray for their repentance and salvation.
          ^^^
          With Very Humble Respects May I ask for clarification (context) -Your Avatar & Signature ???

Comment

Originally posted by Humility View Post
            ^^^
            With Very Humble Respects May I ask for clarification (context) -Your Avatar & Signature ???
            Hi Humility,
            I do not think you will get a quick reply from keck553 since he or she is not as active here as they use to be, so they may not see your question for awhile.

But, I may be able to answer until then:
            Keck's signature: "Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind."
            I do not think his or her signature is meaning the physically blind, I am sure it is referring to having or not having spiritual sight instead of physical sight.

God bless
            Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
            Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

Comment

Working...
            X