Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the answer for all the love sick puppies out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the answer for all the love sick puppies out there?

Maybe people should be allowed to marry younger? I hear Mary was in her early teens when she gave birth to Jesus. Or is there some underlying problem that make teens so desperate to have a bf/gf? Is there peer pressure involved at all? I'm referring to that teenage bracket here, exluding late teens and early 20 somethings.

I would definitely say peer pressure. Everyone starts popping up with bf/gf at the Junior High level and it almost becomes the "thing" to do. Sadly, most relations aren't really "relations" They are just a get together so they can have sex without looking like "whores" or anything. I'm not saying most relations are like that, but a large majority that I see in school revolve around that.

Comment

Forgive my sarcasm, but the answer to the lovesick "sickness" IS marriage.

Seriously, marriage is work brother. After about two years, the dreamy-eyed syndrome wears off and then the real work begins. Like how to love that person the way God does, even when they hurt you and you realize that you have zero incommon with them.

The answer isn't marriage unless you are mature and ready to stick it out no matter how hard it gets and work your backside off.
      Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.
      MAY WE IN EVIL'S HOUR, TRUTH'S SWORD WITH BOLDNESS WIELD

Comment

I would say that theres no problem marrying that young, but Mary was way more mature than probably even the nicest girl is these days. If you are two that are devoted to the Lord and forsaking your childishness, and walking in wisdom than I believe it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by unkerns View Post
          I would say that theres no problem marrying that young, but Mary was way more mature than probably even the nicest girl is these days.
          I agree that Mary "was way more mature" -- that's clear from her devotion, humility, and prayer. But, I don't agree with saying "theres no problem marrying that young." I've heard that some scholars think Mary was around 14 years old. Anyone now-a-days that young should not be considering marriage. Personally, I don't think jr. highers are mature enough even to date, and I don't think anyone should marry until they're at least 18 (unless they had children together).

I think that there's not only peer pressure, but also some pressure from parents, especially moms 'cause they think it's "so cute." Also, I've heard that studies show that teen girls whose fathers aren't active in they're lives are more likely to seek relationships than girls whose fathers are more involved. I don't know about guys.

I'd have to say, the answer is either get married or accept being single for the time being and let God fill that hole in His time and way (i.e. He'll give you someone, He'll teach you how to be content and use your singlness for His glory).

Comment

Cara - we feel the same way, but these factors are all based on a completely different environments from the one in Mary's time. We see that alone from the tremendous divorce rate. The bible even tells us that one children we be like they are now

Comment

Well, I'd rather never get married, but I think you can fall in love with anybody. It's just some people take more time than others.

Comment

I got no problem with Christians from solid Christian families getting married young (with preferably the support of those families) but in our societal context, where young people arent generally encouraged to be responsible, i can only see ill and alot of single mothers coming from such legislation.
                "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
                -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Originally posted by Ekeak View Post
                  Well, I'd rather never get married, but I think you can fall in love with anybody. It's just some people take more time than others.
                  i dont want to get married but that doesnt mean i dont want a girlfriend. is it wrong to have a girlfriend with no intentions to get married?

Comment

Originally posted by bondservant4him View Post
                    i dont want to get married but that doesnt mean i dont want a girlfriend. is it wrong to have a girlfriend with no intentions to get married?
                    Why do you want a girlfriend but not a wife?

Comment

Theres no point in having a girlfriend, and not a wife. That is the focus of courting to one day get married.

Comment

Originally posted by unkerns View Post
                        Theres no point in having a girlfriend, and not a wife. That is the focus of courting to one day get married.
                        i dont want that kind of commitment i guess but that doesnt mean i dont want girls know what i mean?

Comment

Originally posted by bondservant4him View Post
                          i dont want that kind of commitment i guess but that doesnt mean i dont want girls know what i mean?
                          You want the benefits of a relationship without the commitment of a relationship? In short, then, you want many different girls? That's a very worldly view, especially in regards to women. Do you believe scripture at all speaks for or against such a thing?

Comment

If you're a Christian...

Being in love with someone means not just loving them ENOUGH to want to marry them, but loving them the way Christ loves them -- loving them enough to hand them over to Christ, and hand YOURSELF over to Christ, and trusting your relationship to Him. A relationship in which you love each other needs to also fully honour God, and nothing less. His will for the both of you needs to be held high.... and if the relationship is a God-honouring one which is serious and not self-seeking, marriage is where it'll head because you're in love with that person and you want to share Christ's love with them for always. If, on the other hand, your relationship is surrounded by any hesitancy to commit.... let alone commit to sharing Christ's love.... it shouldn't head towards marriage, and shouldn't be a relationship. And I speak from experience on that.

If you want to date someone but DON'T want it to head towards marriage, what's your motive? Are you, for instance, serving Christ? Would you be taking advantage of your dating partner at all?

Always consider the REALLY tough questions. If you're young, my honest advice is.... stay friends with people! Pray with them! Laugh with them! Get to know them in groups! But no need to awaken desire before the time's right to find a spouse who wants to love Christ with you.
                            -- Your ~sister~ in Christ.... a "Kaffinated Kittykat"!!

ROMANS 5:8. Forgiven. Freed. Humbled. Amazed. Grateful. Relying on Christ.

Love is not a place to come and go as we please
                            It's a house we enter in, then commit to never leave
                            So lock the door behind you, and throw away the key
                            We'll work it out together, let it bring us to our knees.....
                            Warren Barfield

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
                              You want the benefits of a relationship without the commitment of a relationship? In short, then, you want many different girls? That's a very worldly view, especially in regards to women. Do you believe scripture at all speaks for or against such a thing?
                              all im saying is i dont want to be married because i am not a good with commitment and i dont want to divorce but just cause i dont want to be married doesnt mean i dont want girls to like me. thats what im saying

Comment

Working...
                              X