Very Odd question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Odd question.

This is about as odd as you'll get of a question but i wanted to know what people would do here. So heres the situation. I bought a video game that had cheat codes involved. So one store was giving away the codes with there game i didn't go to that store or use the codes. But theres ways to unlock them by playing threw the video game. I didn't do that either. So now theres a updated version that i bought with a feature that says 'upload the roster from your save' so i do that and all the charaters you can get with codes and finnishing the story mode are there without me having to do them. Is it dishonest if i use these charaters?

If you wanna quickly ruin your enjoyment of the game then go for it. Most modern games rely on the whole concept of 'unlocking' to keep the gamer hooked on getting to the next unlockable.

That all said, there is nothing inherently wrong with using functions built in the game to do anything. It's only dishonest if you somehow lie to your mates about unlocking it all on your own (rather than with cheat codes).
    Last edited by Revinius; Mar 25th 2009, 01:53 PM.
    "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
    -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

It's a video game... Though with that said, if you feel convicted, don't. Otherwise I wouldn't see a problem with it (this coming from a former pro-gamer).

Comment

Originally posted by Xel'Naga View Post
        It's a video game... Though with that said, if you feel convicted, don't. Otherwise I wouldn't see a problem with it (this coming from a former pro-gamer).
        What do pro-games do? Like do they play on TV or somthing? Just asking

Comment

Originally posted by CupOfMilk View Post
          What do pro-games do? Like do they play on TV or somthing? Just asking
          Depends what game you're talking about. In the West when I was actively playing TV was a pretty rare thing. South Korea, however, was and still is a different story. Star Craft is still played and televised regularly and could probably be considered a national pastime - this was the game I played most.

Comment

Depends what game you're talking about. In the West when I was actively playing TV was a pretty rare thing. South Korea, however, was and still is a different story. Star Craft is still played and televised regularly and could probably be considered a national pastime - this was the game I played most.
            They call it the national sport i have heard (e-sport).
            "Few men are born brave. Many become so through training and force of discipline"
            -Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." - James 2:26

Watch This! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA - Christian Artist Lecrae

Comment

Originally posted by Revinius View Post
              They call it the national sport i have heard (e-sport).
              Yeah, it's the national e-sport.

Comment

What is Star Craft? I've never heard of it...
                Matthew 6:34
                "34 So do not worry about tomorrow: tomorrow will take care of itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Comment

Originally posted by catholicdude View Post
                  It's a freakin' amazing game. It's a real-time strategy game. What this means is that you essentially conduct battles in real-time. You command troops to defeat the enemy.
                  Starcraft is a futuristic setting with 3 different species, each with many different units. This is what made the game so enjoyable - it involves tons of strategy, and each specie has its own strengths and weaknesses. It is very well balanced and enjoyable.
                  Without Jesus, the world would be naught.

John 1:1-5
                  1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Comment

OP

Go for it, cheats are built into the game. Programmers expect you to use them. Be up front with your friends about using them.

Everyone else

I am VERY excited for Starcraft 2

Comment

Originally posted by catholicdude View Post
                      As was explained, it's an RTS (Real Time Strategy) game that was released by Blizzard in 1998 (yesterday was its 11 year anniversary). It's famous for its "Terran," "Protoss," and "Zerg" species - the game was heavily influenced by pop culture, especially the Aliens series. My user name - Xel'Naga - is the most advanced race in the StarCraft universe; the creators of the Zerg and Protoss.

It's considered the most balanced RTS game ever created and if you're a tad bit more interested, here's a recent televised game between two progaming giants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14X3F...e=channel_page.

Originally posted by renthead188 View Post
                      I am VERY excited for Starcraft 2
                      The beta should be coming anytime soon :O

Comment

As was explained, it's an RTS (Real Time Strategy) game that was released by Blizzard in 1998 (yesterday was its 11 year anniversary). It's famous for its "Terran," "Protoss," and "Zerg" species - the game was heavily influenced by pop culture, especially the Aliens series. My user name - Xel'Naga - is the most advanced race in the StarCraft universe; the creators of the Zerg and Protoss.

It's considered the most balanced RTS game ever created and if you're a tad bit more interested, here's a recent televised game between two progaming giants: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14X3F...e=channel_page.

The beta should be coming anytime soon :O
                        That game is indeed awesome, played many hours of it myself. Unfortunately it really gets in the way of working.

Comment

Originally posted by Revinius View Post
                          If you wanna quickly ruin your enjoyment of the game then go for it.
                          This, of course, requires the assumption that everyone's enjoyment in a video game is ruined when cheats are unlocked. I use cheats all the time, and often, it makes the game more fun.
                          To This Day

Comment

Originally posted by markedward View Post
                            This, of course, requires the assumption that everyone's enjoyment in a video game is ruined when cheats are unlocked. I use cheats all the time, and often, it makes the game more fun.
                            Nothing like a good map hack

Comment

Age Of Empires was so much cooler with the flying dragons everywhere and the priests that walked everywhere fast...

And who can forget bigdaddy...? lol.
                              I keep trying to find a life On my own, apart from you I am the king of excuses Ive got one for every selfish thing I do

Comment

Working...
                              X